The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Community Feed Forums General Ideas Monthly Brainstorming.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    January 9, 2022 at 10:03 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

You are so right because to some people breakfast is eggs, toast and coffee/hot chocolate. To others it’s rice, eggs, hashbrowns, Spam and coffee/orange juice.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 10, 2022 at 11:38 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

new brainstorming!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paralives/comments/s0p2lv/community_brainstorming_session_generations/

👁What physical and identity traits could be passed down from parents to their children?

What physical and identity traits could be passed down from parents to their children? hair/eye colour/ and shape (body shape, or eye shape), ability for musical/sports, temperament

📚 What kind of knowledge or tradition could be passed down to other generations? How would it be passed down?

. What one does during holidays, weddings, gradutations, family history, family recipes

🏺What kind of items could be passed down from one generation to another?

Clothing, jewelry, family recopies, pottery, etc.

👪What would an intergenerational home look like in Paralives?

ither grandparent(s)+son/daughter and in-law, + grandchildren, OR grandparent(s)+two sets of adult children and in-laws + their children.

🏆What generations related rewards or challenges would you like to see in-game?

Wills maybe? Or maybe once we get more worlds paras whom own businesses can go away for a week or weekend and leave a teen child in charge as a test

👵What kind of specific interactions could different age groups have with each other? For example, grandparents with their grandchildren.

Take grandchildren out to activies. Or have the grandchildren stay over overnight.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  MagaCarter.

Community Brainstorming Session: Generations from Paralives

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 11, 2022 at 8:06 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

a new idea I have is that if Para A is richer then there Para Siblings B and C and the later two have a lot of kids and Para A has none, Para A might say “Maybe I can adopt one of my siblings’ children as heir and they can come and live with me and my partner” or if Para A does have children they might think of instead “um we can feed another kid, maybe we can foster a sibling’s child and they can come and live with us?” (could be good for business or historical gameplay).

Another idea- maybe once Paras can own businesses, and we get other worlds. Maybe a para parent(s) can leave for a vacation, or a business trip and leave a teenage child in charge of the restaurant as a sort of test?

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    January 11, 2022 at 8:18 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m excited for this new brainstorming! The topics for family and generational features are my favorite.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 11, 2022 at 9:32 pm
     Hub Points

another idea:

for eco friendly paras or para family which don’t have a car or there’s only one driver in the house , maybe an alterative to “learning to drive a car” is to “learn how to use public transit” instead?

@bailey I hope you don’t mind me posting when you’re busy the next

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  MagaCarter.
    • bailey

Star Hubkin
      January 17, 2022 at 11:51 pm
      Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
       Hub Points

@magacarter That’s totally fine! I got 2 new jobs so I’ve been busy lately. I only have a small window to look for official posts/announcements. Thanks for posting for me. 😊

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 12, 2022 at 4:08 am
     Hub Points

I’m not sure if my Facebook feed is trying to tell me sonething, but maybe if two different families, are getting remarried (ie person A has 3 children of their gender an and person B has three kids of their gender) and the wedding gets messed up- that the adults brings the kids along (and by accident pets which caused the mess at wedding) on their honeymoon?

• amandac

Star Hubkin
      January 12, 2022 at 10:50 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

The Brady Bunch wedding – I love it!

I’m loving all your ideas – I play romance, family, generations, and wills are a must. I forget in which game (I think it was TS3), when the father died, he left his business (at the time, we had deeds) to his son-in-law instead of his children (he had a son and a daughter) and they were upset. I would love it if family members could be hired in the business. Like if the father has a start up, he can hire his children when they graduate from college and they can work their way up the ladder. I don’t like following them to work, but I would like to control who gets hired/fired/promoted. Going on business trips would be great.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
      January 12, 2022 at 4:02 pm
       Hub Points

Yeah that episode (I never seen the TV show before ) appeared on my Facebook feed last night it’s like FB feed was trying to tell me an idea

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 22, 2022 at 5:16 am
     Hub Points

new ideas: if two sets of an extended family are at the grandparents’ house Maybe cots and sleeping bags can be used?

let’s say there’s four bedrooms in a grandparents’ home. One grandparents’ bedroom of course. and then there’s three other bedrooms.

In Family A there’s only are two girls. In Family C there’s 2 girls, and a middle child a boy.

Depending on which family gets their first, either the younger of the two girls of Family A sleep on a cot in the same bedroom as my parents. Or the boy in Family C sleeps on a cot in bedroom with his parents. Otherwise younger girls of both Family A and C, sleep in another bedroom together (not in the same bed mind you), and the older girls of both families sleep in sleeping bags over the kitchen

Basically I’m suggesting cots and sleeping bags.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 3, 2022 at 5:32 pm
     Hub Points

@bailey just so you know the end date for this brainstorming is Feb 7th. So you might want fo share any ideas before then

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 7, 2022 at 5:59 pm
     Hub Points
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 7, 2022 at 10:00 pm
     Hub Points

😱What emotions would I like to see in-game? <div>

Anger, disgust, enjoyment, fear and sadness.

🕑 How long should moods and emotions last? Well it depends on what’s happening around them? Like if a death of a family member could last a bit longer then a death of a complete stranger

📺What types of actions/interactions could affect your mood? Maybe when a para is angry or sad, they can go and watch something ,or play games on the computer or read a book for a bit?

😡Should moods and emotions be influenced by the current life stage of the Parafolk? If yes, how? Yes . Like a toddler is more likely to have Temper tanrums then children and teens. Teens might just sulk and swear.

🏫How do you want your mood or emotions to affect your daily activities (work, school, etc.)?

if they get fired, they might be angry or sad. Or at school like in gym (P.E.) and your para’s team lost they could be sad, or at school a teacher might say the para’s kid ‘s painting, or story is “bad” so the para kid might be upset, or angry? Or maybe if a Para kid/Teen is in drama club, and they might audition for Part A but they didn’t get that part? they might be angry or sad? Or that if a partner founds out the other partner is cheating on them they could be mad, or sad?

<div>
    </div>

👫How could the mood of a Parafolk influence or affect others around them? Well maybe if Para teen says hurtful stuff to the parents (or siblings), the parents/siblings, can be upset/ or hurt? It could also affect Para Teen as well, because they might feel remorseful?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  MagaCarter.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  MagaCarter.
Page 3 of 5
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now