The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Open World Lot Designation

• Lot Designation

PlyPlay665 updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Sawdust

Parafolk
    August 5, 2019 at 10:49 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I know we will be able to create any size lot anywhere but I assume it will still have to be designated to a particular purpose ie. residential or community lot. However, instead of community lots being designated around particular types like Museum, I’d like to have the ability to designate lots either residential or community only and then to have the ability in the creation process to choose different options based on age, gender, trait, skill, activity, marital status, financial status etc. of the Parafolks as a means to draw in certain types. They don’t all have to be checked but if you want to build a Gaming Arcade for example, it can be set so you will find children, teens and young adults at the venue. It could be chosen as “mostly” or “only” in case you didn’t want to exclude everyone but did want to see the majority of users as a certain type. While it would not be as necessary for residential lots it would still come in handy if you wanted to build a retirement home or a half way house or even a trailer park type lot. (assuming we will be able to have multiple density in residential but even if we can’t, it sounds like we can place the lots right next to each other as to create the illusion of multiple dwellings)

My thinking behind this is in the Sims game if you want to build a multi use community lot, you can’t effectively and the Sims end up utilising only one section while the rest goes to waste. 🙂

2+
  • PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 25, 2019 at 3:26 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I agree that lots should have simple designations such as community/residential. Having a list designated by what DLC you have is very limiting. I like this idea of choosing what type of parafolk would be attracted to the lot, although I think the settings should be optional and on default be hidden under a “see more” type of button if you get what I mean. There could be default settings for certain types of lots that players could select from (ie. art museum, science museum, playground, pond, etc) but also have the ability to alter. I feel like having to fill out a whole form like that would turn off a lot of newbies and casual players. That said, I know there are a lot of mods in the Sims games that deal with this type of thing so there is definitely demand for something like this!

3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close