The Paralives Hub Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums Build Tools Lot and Terrain level/height limits?

• Lot and Terrain level/height limits?

Ashes updated 10 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • murfee01

July 25, 2019 at 8:24 am
     Hub Points

I hope Paralives breaks the old rule about not allowing more than 5 levels above/below ground (4 levels if there’s a foundation).

I want to be able to build a legit skyscraper, without being forced to resort to Constrainfloorelevation tricks.

I want to create the Grand Canyon, several levels deep, and NOT have the pond water level trip out the way it does when you have water at different height on the same lot.

I want to have basements that can go as many levels below the surface as I want — 20000 leagues under sea level!

Just a thought.

2+
  • altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 25, 2019 at 6:25 pm
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Yes, and if they are limited due to saving the performance, there should be the legimate code to allow it in-game at least. Messing with cfe code may create beautiful roofs but otherwise, it’s rather stressing to use because of all those floating floor tiles and stuupid glitches.

1+
  • Eclipsed_Skye

August 31, 2019 at 6:16 pm
     Hub Points

I hope that in the final game, the creator can feel free to build whatever based on their own PCs limitations, and if their computer can’t handle more than 5 floors then so be it.
    I remember there being a cheat code in Sims 2 which allowed you to build up to, I think around 255 floors in a single lot, and even though my computer certainly couldn’t handle that amount, it certainly handled over 5 + roof-level! I also figured out from trying to build a skyscraper in that game that there was even a limit to the amount of wall-pieces you could have in each lot?

Either way, I really hope the game has a way to at least bypass any limitations that are set through cheats, codes or even in-game settings. Some people also have issues with using in-game cheat codes under the belief that “it would break their game”, and they shouldn’t feel constricted by what they’d like to build just because of that.

And personal opinion but – foundation shouldn’t count as a floor-level! ?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Eclipsed_Skye.
    1+
  • Ashes

September 9, 2019 at 11:31 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Well it would need to have a limit, for the game itself and not just your computer. A way around that to make skyscrapers would be to have an option to “hide floors” with a marker, kind of like the sims 3 did for apartments. Though, instead of needing a “shell” around it to hide the hidden floor, it could just be that if you place a marker on that floor, it wouldn’t count as one, but still show the outside walls of it, and to add to that, maybe have a second marker that would hide rooms rather than floor, in case you’d want only half of the floor to be playable for example. Though, idk how hard this could be.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Ashes.
    2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close