Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Life Stages

• Life Stages

Ashes updated 11 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • mdoby98

July 30, 2019 at 3:35 am
     Hub Points

In the Sims 2-4 there age generally 7 life stages in the game. I have included the age ranges that these stages are considered to cover as well as the age they mostly represent.
    Baby (0-1) Newborn
    Toddler (1-4) 1
    Child (5-12) 8-10
    Teen (13-18) 16-17
    Young Adult (18-40) 18-24
    Adult (40-60) 40-50
    Elder (60+) 80+
    Now those are pretty big time jumps in age which miss out on many important aspects of life. Anybody with experience in the real world (which I assume is everyone unless there are some bots and basement-dwellers here) knows that there are big differences between the higher and lower ends of these age ranges.

What I propose are 11 life stages that will represent all aspects of the human lifespan
    Baby (0-1) Feeding, changing, cuddling,
    Toddler (1-3) Focus on early development such as walking, talking, potty training.
    Preschooler (4-6) early social development, attending preschool, imagination.
    Child (7-11) Elementary School, Homework, After School Activities, Pranks, Friends
    Pre-Teen (12-14) Crushes, Pimples, Middle School, Mood Swings, Chores
    Teen (15-17) High School, Part-Time Jobs, Dating
    Young Adult (18-30) College, Marriage, Early Career
    Adult (30-45) Parenting, Career
    Middle Aged (45-60) Same as adult except looks older. Midlife Crisis
    Elder (60-80) Retirement, Grandchildren, Declining Health
    Geriatric (80+ Equivalent of a centenarian. Very few make it to this stage

2+
  • hk21

July 30, 2019 at 5:40 am
     Hub Points

Gostei da ideia

I liked the idea

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 30, 2019 at 6:14 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

That would be great. It’s great that you’ve highlighted the developmental aspects of each stage as well.

• mdoby98

July 30, 2019 at 9:25 pm
     Hub Points

Some people have actually created conceptual images of what a preteen ad a middle age life stage would look like. Unfortunately i currently lack the knowlege on how to convert jpg images into url ones. if one could find and pose these images, or teach me how to, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Ashes

August 7, 2019 at 4:24 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote mdoby98 post_id=351 time=1564521907 user_id=379:

Some people have actually created conceptual images of what a preteen ad a middle age life stage would look like. Unfortunately i currently lack the knowlege on how to convert jpg images into url ones. if one could find and pose these images, or teach me how to, it would be greatly appreciated.

You could probably use an external website like Imgur, given that JP would allow such link of course 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close