The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Life Stages Suggestions and Ideas

• Life Stages Suggestions and Ideas

Jinxin updated 1 year, 8 months ago 5 Members · 8 Posts
  • Fruit Tingler

Parafolk
    January 7, 2020 at 8:18 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

One thing I’d be very excited to see in Paralives is for multiple life stages. I’m more focused on the young stages of life having more diversity to them since those are the major developmental times in someone’s life. The life stages I’d ideally like to see would be something like:
    – Infant
    – Toddler
    – Child

– Preteen
    – Teen
    – Young Adult
    – Adult
    – Elder

I personally find toddler and preteen to be very important stages of life when it comes to growth and experiences. I also feel like they are unique to themselves away from other life stages which are more similar such as young adult and adult.
    Maybe preteens can be the ones who go through puberty while also providing a middle ground for the large appearance shift that happens when someone goes from a child to teen.

What do you guys want to see the most in life stages?

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    January 7, 2020 at 8:56 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I believe that these would be very good life-stages, and can be an alternative if gradual aging does not work out, good idea.

And for what I want to see the most in life stages is that all of them are equally fun, since the sims has a problem where only the adult life-stage was mainly fun.

• Breedmond

Moderator January 7, 2020 at 9:12 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I agree @Fruit Tingler. It would be nice to have life stages that are not so far apart. Preteen is a great suggestion. I would like to see something between Toddler and Child as well. A Para is a Toddler until about 3 years old and then becomes a Preschooler until the age of 6 perhaps? In this stage they learn to read, write, and other important life skills that they could not do before.
    Child could then be from 6 to 10 years. Preteen 10 to 12.

• Fruit Tingler

Parafolk
    January 7, 2020 at 9:16 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6452]I believe that these would be very good life-stages, and can be an alternative if gradual aging does not work out, good idea.

And for what I want to see the most in life stages is that all of them are equally fun, since the sims has a problem where only the adult life-stage was mainly fun.

[/quote]

I would prefer gradual ageing any day over set stages of life. But I would like these incorperated none the less.

• Fruit Tingler

Parafolk
    January 7, 2020 at 9:33 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6454]I agree @Fruit Tingler. It would be nice to have life stages that are not so far apart. Preteen is a great suggestion. I would like to see something between Toddler and Child as well. A Para is a Toddler until about 3 years old and then becomes a Preschooler until the age of 6 perhaps? In this stage they learn to read, write, and other important life skills that they could not do before.

[/quote]

I agree. Although my ages would be a little different if I got to pick.

Infant (0-1)
    Eating, pooping, crying beans which ARE NOT objects. So strollers, baby bouncers?

Toddler (2-4)
    Learning to talk, walk, go to the bathroom. Playing with toys, nap time, preschool and/or daycare even?

Child (5-10)
    Elementary school, learning to read, write, etc. Toys, parks, sleepovers, imaginary friends?

Preteen (11-14)
    Puberty, acne, emotionally unstable? Haha. The cursed life stage.

Teen (15-18)
    A little more mentally stable than preteens in certain aspects, but still less than young adults, first kiss, friends, high school, drama, etc

Young Adult (19-34)
    Moving out, finding love, getting a job, maybe university if they go that far and add that too? Parenthood, marriage, etc

Adult (35-59)
    Same abilities and qualities as a young adult and perhaps them being more career or family-focused (depending on the para) than previously?

Elder (60-???)
    Being a grandparent, retirement, sharing wisdom, maybe a place to go to meet up with other elders (like Bingo), etc

Or something like that (if there isn’t gradual ageing).
    This is just me quickly throwing out ideas early in the morning to separate them.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 8, 2020 at 11:18 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6456]

I agree @Fruit Tingler. It would be nice to have life stages that are not so far apart. Preteen is a great suggestion. I would like to see something between Toddler and Child as well. A Para is a Toddler until about 3 years old and then becomes a Preschooler until the age of 6 perhaps? In this stage they learn to read, write, and other important life skills that they could not do before.

I agree. Although my ages would be a little different if I got to pick.

Infant (0-1)
    Eating, pooping, crying beans which ARE NOT objects. So strollers, baby bouncers?

Toddler (2-4)
    Learning to talk, walk, go to the bathroom. Playing with toys, nap time, preschool and/or daycare even?

Child (5-10)
    Elementary school, learning to read, write, etc. Toys, parks, sleepovers, imaginary friends?

Preteen (11-14)
    Puberty, acne, emotionally unstable? Haha. The cursed life stage.

Teen (15-18)
    A little more mentally stable than preteens in certain aspects, but still less than young adults, first kiss, friends, high school, drama, etc

Young Adult (19-34)
    Moving out, finding love, getting a job, maybe university if they go that far and add that too? Parenthood, marriage, etc

Adult (35-59)
    Same abilities and qualities as a young adult and perhaps them being more career or family-focused (depending on the para) than previously?

Elder (60-???)
    Being a grandparent, retirement, sharing wisdom, maybe a place to go to meet up with other elders (like Bingo), etc

Or something like that (if there isn’t gradual ageing).
    This is just me quickly throwing out ideas early in the morning to separate them.

[/quote]

I think 14 should be with Teenager not pre-teen since high school is 4 years. Gr.9 (14-15), Gr.10 (15-16), Gr.11 (16-17), Gr.12 (17-18)

• Fruit Tingler

Parafolk
    January 9, 2020 at 1:18 am
     Hub Points

Yeah I know, but if you’re going off of looks then most 14 year olds look closer to 12 than 16. Also the behaviours are also simular.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Fruit Tingler.
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    January 9, 2020 at 9:23 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Custom life stages?
    This assumes gradual ageing works out, but how about being able to choose age boundaries and traits for each life stage. So for example in one persons world Young Adult could be 18-30 and in another persons world they could be “Adult” from 20-50″.
    Traits could be like:
    – What skill set do they use? (Assuming there’s multiple skill sets for different age groups like Sims, maybe there’s like 3 or 4 different base life stages which all play differently, and you can choose which of those your life stage falls under).
    – Does this life stage affect factors such as energy, strength, fertility? How much?
    – Do you gain skills faster or slower? Do skills decay during this life stage?
    – Can they live alone at this life stage?
    – Other things I can’t think of

If gradual ageing doesn’t work out, even being able to change the life-stage’s name would be cool, and some things that are purely calculated that don’t need animation could still be implemented such as skill gain.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now