Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums Paralives Discussion Let’s Not Put Too Much Expectations On The Team

• Let’s Not Put Too Much Expectations On The Team

Profile Photo

Ok I wanted to be clear on this. Lets not put too much pressure on the team. We need to remember their not EA Games; their a group of 3. Paralives might have some aspects that is different from the Sims. The game may or may not meet the same level as the Sims. I don’t want anyone to feel dissapointment and get upset at the team. Their doing the best as they can (not gonna lie the Maggie’s Loft looks fantastic!). I mean its awesome to give EA Games a little comptetion but we shouldn’t focus on mocking EA Games using Paralives. (lets face it they may not care or give a crab about comptetion. They have other games besides the Sims to sell.) Instead lets focus on helping and supporting the team as paralives makes the next step for their product. Game development and design is no joke; I was in a Graphic design class and we tried a game design project it was a very hard project. I can’t imagine how hard it is to work on an actual game. What’s your honest thoughts about the game so far? (Remember to respect each other’s pov on this)

justarandomgamer300 replied 3 years, 10 months ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • I am probably wrong, but I don’t think anyone has certain expectations of how they are developing paralives, I don’t. From what I’ve seen the team is doing amazing work especially with the pandemic going on. More suggestions the better in my opinion. It gives the team some unique opportunities and ideas to implement. Something we’ve never seen in a life simulator. It’s not really fair to say that paralives won’t be on the same level if not better than the sims. We have little information thus far. They aren’t pushing out an unfinished game just to get money. They’re taking their time. Not everyone is going to love this game, but you can tell that the team actually cares about making a great game. Also more is coming in the base game than the sims has ever had. Even if they don’t follow everyone’s suggestions (there’s no possible way they can) they’re adding the most important aspect for me, depth and lots of it. As for the game itself I absolutely don’t want it to be a copy cat. I’m looking for something that’s completely different.

As far as EA goes they absolutely don’t care about their fan base that has been more than obvious with this last joke of a game the are calling the sims 4. Even with sims 5 trying to push multiplayer when the majority of simmers don’t want it at all. They are trying to screw people over (and successfully doing so) with microtransactions and dlc for dlc. Also doing half*** work because modders will take care of the rest. I have stopped supporting EA because I’m not happy about the way they are doing things. So I’ve been playing TS2 until Paralives comes out.

Posted April 12, 2020 at 6:14 pm
  • [quote quote=7959]Paralives might have some aspects that is different from the Sims. The game may or may not meet the same level as the Sims.

[/quote]

I agree with your thoughts, and especially this part. I consider absolutely important not to talk that much about the sims in the paralives universe. I know it is inevitable to compare them because of their similarities, but we should stop being that obvious when asking a question. We don’t need a sims copy, this is brand new and fresh!

Posted April 12, 2020 at 6:20 pm
  • I agree! I’m really excited for the game but we also have to be aware of how EA has a big backing and funding behind them.

Posted April 12, 2020 at 6:36 pm
  • The OP made a VERY good point, but… seeing as even the Sims team gets hate and death threats on regular basis for not including feature A or feature B, I wouldn’t hold much hope for Paralives devs to have it easier.

There are dedicated fans of this game, like my humble self, that will always focus on encouraging and supporting the devs, but we are usually the quiet, subdued majority. Apart from us, there is always the loud, obnoxious minority that makes demands and issues threats when they don’t get exactly what they want, right now. Those can make a dev’s life a living hell.

One look at the ideas/suggestions threads here is enough to have me scared. People want very specific things, some of them quite niche, too. People keep saying the game “should” and “must”. They don’t seem to realize or care just how small the Paralives team is and they will likely be the first ones to cry out their disappointment once the game releases.

I know it sounds rather bleak and I apologize. I guess what I’m trying to say is that overblown expectations and subsequent hate are inevitable because such is the internet culture nowadays. If we stand by the devs and give them all our support against the bullies, however, chances are they don’t get discouraged and continue working hard on the game.

Posted April 13, 2020 at 10:11 am
    • (Sorry for the late reply Calarand) That’s exactly what I’m talking about! Even though I don’t like EA that doesn’t mean I have the right to bully and threaten nasty stuff to the people there. A lot people who are the minority don’t seem to understand we won’t get everything we want. We should be at least be considerate of their feelings and mental health.

Posted May 19, 2020 at 5:27 pm
  • The suggestions on this site are overwhelming. I admit I have pet peeves inherited from the sims too, but nothing crazy specific like braces that need regular check ups, for example. Not dissing on that idea as bad or anything, but it’s just one of the things I read that people are asking the devs to recreate real life EXACTLY, down to every painful detail. The expectations for this game are crazy, and I admit my hopes are pretty high too. I think this game has the potential to be really special, and like others have said I hope the release isn’t overshadowed by harassment from disappointed people. Like I’ve said my hopes are up and I don’t expect there will be many major disappointments, but a lot of ideas won’t make it and that’s obvious. I hope the small team can handle what comes, they seem to be devoting a lot of love and care into the project, and that’s something you don’t necessarily get from a large corporation like EA.

Posted April 13, 2020 at 11:14 am
  • [quote quote=7959]Paralives might have some aspects that is different from the Sims. The game may or may not meet the same level as the Sims.[/quote]

I’d hope Paralives would have many aspects different to the Sims, otherwise it’s just another Sims game.

[quote quote=8002]The suggestions on this site are overwhelming.[/quote]

I mean, most of us (I hope) aren’t actually expecting all these features to make it into the game, especially the overly complex ones. This is just somewhere we share ideas and discuss them with other fans.

Posted April 13, 2020 at 9:07 pm
  • [quote quote=8039]

I mean, most of us (I hope) aren’t actually expecting all these features to make it into the game, especially the overly complex ones. This is just somewhere we share ideas and discuss them with other fans.

[/quote]

I hope so too, I’m probably overreacting. There does seem to be a great culture for sharing here which I guess should be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to elaborate plans lol. I’ll keep this in mind.

Posted April 14, 2020 at 1:00 am
  • i understand that many people compare the game to The SIms franchise, and that’s perfectly understandable as it’s the only game in the market for Life Sim rn. however, judging by the discord chat, twitter and youtube comments, i feel like people are expecting so much of these ideas to be taken in and confirmed, i saw an entire table of occults that someone wants to be implemented, which contained 100+ names in there, honestly, it was a bit much. if you’re really expecting Paralives to give you ALL of that as an indie developer, i doubt even the Sims could do this if they tried. i also understand that all ideas are welcomed and bringing down other people’s ideas are against the rules, but i feel like we should start with the basics, maybe if the team could talk to us about what they’re currently working on (they don’t have to do that, the current involvement we have with the game has never been seen before and i appreciate that so much) then we could recommend ideas ONLY for what they’re currently developing, instead of skipping to something that can only be achieved many months or even years after release. it’s fine to be excited, but i feel like certain people( on discord) need to collect their thoughts a bit and calm down a bit. i really hope no one gets offended by this. and if it’s deemed rude or inappropriate, please tell me so i can delete it. Thank You! 🙂

Posted April 14, 2020 at 10:28 am
  • [quote quote=8077]i understand that many people compare the game to The SIms franchise, and that’s perfectly understandable as it’s the only game in the market for Life Sim rn. however, judging by the discord chat, twitter and youtube comments, i feel like people are expecting so much of these ideas to be taken in and confirmed, i saw an entire table of occults that someone wants to be implemented, which contained 100+ names in there, honestly, it was a bit much. if you’re really expecting Paralives to give you ALL of that as an indie developer, i doubt even the Sims could do this if they tried. i also understand that all ideas are welcomed and bringing down other people’s ideas are against the rules, but i feel like we should start with the basics, maybe if the team could talk to us about what they’re currently working on (they don’t have to do that, the current involvement we have with the game has never been seen before and i appreciate that so much) then we could recommend ideas ONLY for what they’re currently developing, instead of skipping to something that can only be achieved many months or even years after release. it’s fine to be excited, but i feel like certain people( on discord) need to collect their thoughts a bit and calm down a bit. i really hope no one gets offended by this. and if it’s deemed rude or inappropriate, please tell me so i can delete it. Thank You! ?

[/quote]

If you are a patron they are keeping us in the development loop asking for suggestions or thoughts and ideas there as well. It’s not a bad investment especially since they’re including the community in major decisions.

Posted April 14, 2020 at 3:27 pm
  • Im a pateron and i love that that bit of my money every month is going to support such a project…I think that Alex soon will be able to hire more staff…after he has reached 5000 pateron! I Call it an investment in my old days…since im going to play this game for long….

Posted April 25, 2020 at 1:15 pm