The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Kleptomaniac Trait

• Kleptomaniac Trait

Breedmond updated 1 year, 6 months ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • clumsyzee

Humble Hubkin
    May 14, 2020 at 1:39 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Its been a trait in sims game before I would be cool to see it in Paralives. In Sims 3, You can click the Swipe Items interaction close to something and your Sim might steal the intended object. You could steal anything fridge, a bed, a toilet, etc. and it would just show up in your inventory. The only thing you could only click in the general area and steal something from there so you won’t know what you got. In the Sims 4 when you have the klepto trait you can only steal trinkets or small things. I know its kinda unrealistic to be able to steal big stuff from your neighbors but I kinda liked it. If we got the Klepto trait would you want to be able to steal stuff but you could only steal stuff in a general area or only be able to steal small stuff like a potted plant or computer. (Not trying to compare Paralives to Sims too much so Alex decides not to put this in that’s cool too)

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  clumsyzee.
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    May 14, 2020 at 2:53 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

If memory serves you can steal slightly larger items on ts4 with higher mischief skill, though the cool down kind of takes the fun out of it. Kleptomania is fun to play with, I’d be happy enough if it was included, but not too fussed if it wasn’t. What I want to see is burglary, like in ts2 (and 3 I think?). Though to clarify that’s you being robbed, not doing the robbing. Just a related thought I wanted to put out there.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
      May 14, 2020 at 6:34 pm
      Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

robbing people sounds fun 😛

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    May 14, 2020 at 7:31 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

There’s another game I played last year (not sims) that allows you to do something similar but you can actually click on the bigger objects (dressers,cabinets wardrobe, fridges,etc.) and a window popups, where you can take randomized items that would be found in these said places. I like the idea of being able to be robbed,but, I think it should be realistic in what they’d be able to rob. Maybe paintings, jewelry cars, electronics, Including smaller items—something that would be of realistic value. But not fridges or stoves like in sims.

What I think would be more interesting imo would be if paras could rob and be robbed without having a kleptomaniac trait, they could be a regular Joe and take something/steal. Maybe even also due to chance circumstances (low on funds,lost their job etc.) or another para’s pressuring them to steal. Also another idea that’d be cool, being able to have paras shop lift stores would be fun!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Breedmond

Moderator May 15, 2020 at 7:56 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I voted to be able to steal the small stuff. When going to a house with only your pants pockets or a handbag available for loot it is not realistic for Paras to swipe refrigerators. BUT it would be great if they could plan to rob a place and come prepared with a pick-up/ van at night or when no one is home. Then big items would makes sense. It should also be that a Para can not steal a big item alone, as it would be too heavy to carry.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now