Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

• Kids ? ?

Profile Photo

Hello!

I love kids ??❤️ and I think that they are crucial in Paralives!
    I am a fellow simmer and I think that Sims 4 is great, but seeing Paralives, I might be handing my favorite game reward over soon ?
    One thing I’d like to see is better/more interactions with kids. There are many milestones with kids, including taking their first steps, learning how to ride a bike, losing their first tooth, and so many more.
    What other interactions are you guys thinking of in regards to kids? Also, post any ideas you have in regard to the kid parafolk! ?
    -Abby

bailey replied 3 years, 10 months ago 12 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Older siblings being able to help their younger siblings learn things in addition to helping with homework would be a nice touch.

Posted April 10, 2020 at 11:01 pm
  • Yes! Milestones for kids would be amazing. Personally, I would like to see more celebrations for like their birthday, or if they accomplished something. I would also love for like when teens start to drive, that the parents can help teach them, or even teach them other skills.

Posted April 11, 2020 at 12:37 am
  • I think that slowly growing up is a dream of any gamer. But is a nightmare for a developer since they would have to create tons of animations for different heights.

Posted April 11, 2020 at 2:26 am
  • maybe slow aging can’t be done, life stages (as long as there are preteens as well) are fine for me. i do agree that stuff like the first day of school, prom and graduation is a nice idea. i would love for there to be more family gameplay, and it would be amazing if Story Progression (hopefully it’s possible) can feed into this by for e.g. providing childhood friends in your neighbourhood. or having the children of your childhood friend also bey your children’s friends!

Posted April 11, 2020 at 7:39 am
  • I hope for there to be slow ageing but I understand that it can be extremely challenging and time consuming. I honestly will be happy as long as there is a difference between young adults & teens 😉

Posted April 11, 2020 at 1:04 pm
  • [quote quote=7826]I think that slowly growing up is a dream of any gamer. But is a nightmare for a developer since they would have to create tons of animations for different heights.

[/quote]

The developers are actually hoping for a procedural animation system where the animations adapt based on height so they can have custom heights and gradual aging, however it’s not confirmed yet, it might not work.

Posted April 11, 2020 at 3:08 pm
  • i want more conflict between siblings. in the sims 4, they always get along. and it’s just not realistic.

i live for the DRAMAAAA

Posted April 12, 2020 at 8:51 pm
  • @Flootiesims i agree

Posted April 14, 2020 at 7:18 pm
  • I think gradual aging would be very fresh and interesting to see! Despite this, I personally wouldn’t mind if there was a simple “aging up” system, as long as each life-stage is well fleshed out. Essentially, I think either option looks promising as long as it’s done well 🙂

Posted April 14, 2020 at 9:24 pm
  • I would like there to be special games the kids, the little ones after toddlers could play together, like the usual things like playing catch or kicking a ball around, but also playing hiding go seek, watching tv together, really talking together about different things!

And more toys and playground equipment, and of course clothes for them too and the toddlers of course, not to mention hair of course! Hats, jewelry, for kids would be nice, since the other game doesn’t seem to think kids wear jewelry at all or they come up with just one type of watch, some bright coloured thing and maybe one or two necklaces, no rings at all, barely even any glasses even!

Kids of all ages seem to get forgotten in it, so I hope that doesn’t happen with Paralives!

Like even the teens don’t have anything special about them or for them, the only difference between them and the young adults is they make them really shapeless, if they are thin normally, they are toothpicks as teens, like if you make a character as a young adult, just to get their look the way you want them, they turn them into a shapeless toothpick as a teen, like all teens are made the same and when they grow up they don’t look the way you premade them either, the game changes them! So I would hope that won’t happen with Paralives!

I was thinking about how it would be nice to have more interactions with the kids with parents in that they will like go out to the park together or to a place to eat, maybe to have ice cream or hamburgers or maybe if they had them a place with animals, maybe a petting zoo later on with real piglets, goats, sheep and other cute animals for the Para’s all to come and pet, feed and play with even!

Since we will have horses maybe a horse ranch where the Para’s who don’t have a place for a horse could go ride one, and there could be ponies for the kids to ride then too!

Also I was thinking about like having a more real like treehouse and also a playhouse for them too, maybe where the parents even have to build it, but maybe also a premade one in case we don’t want to have to wait for our Para to build it for the kids, so they can get to play in it sooner!

I just know I want there to be a real playground equipment, like swings, slides, monkey bars as well as a jungle gym thing, but not like that other game did, which looks weird in normal peoples backyards, meaning none rich ones,lol! It took so long for them to even give us a swing and we still don’t have a slide, probably never will either!

I hope we get baby buggies/carriages, swings for them and the toddler’s, playpens with toys for them to use while in it, changing tables, parents going to the fridge to get a bottle, throwing dirty diapers in the garbage, stuff like that, instead of doing like poof all the time, either stuff appears in their hands or disappears, lol!

Posted April 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm
  • I honestly thing that children being able to grow up slowly over time would make a better experience and add more uniqueness to Paralives all together.

Posted April 18, 2020 at 4:14 pm
  • I already stated that my hopes are for gradual aging, but that if the developers aren’t able to get it to work, that we’ll have a wide array of ages. My hopes would be that for every age we have younger version and an older version. So for kids it would be young newborn baby (Up to 8 months)/ older infant (9 mo-1 yr); younger toddler (1 yr-2rs)/ older toddler (3-4 years); young kid (5-8 yrs)/ older kid (9-12 yrs); and lastly young teens (13-15)/ older teens (16-18).

My biggest hopes are that they can add a lot of the big milestones from the early years. Obviously it would be too much to add everything, but do hope we can get the first crawl, first word, first step, first tooth, first tooth loss, potty training, and first time eating solid food.

Posted April 22, 2020 at 2:44 am
  • I hate to double post, but I thought of a few cute sibling interactions for kids in Paralives.

-If a new baby is born to a family that already has kids, the kids can go over to the crib and talk to the baby. Younger toddlers may try to play with the baby through the bars and show them their toys. Older toddlers/young kids may try to climb into the crib to play with the baby (if multiple Parafolk can be in one crib). Older kids may read books to the baby or tell them stories. Similar interactions could work if we have play pens and/or car seats too.

-If we get car seats to let the baby sit in, older kids/teens can pick it up and carry the baby around and try to rock them to sleep. Younger toddlers/kids could only try to rock it while on the floor.

-Older siblings could try to learn to feed their baby siblings (both bottle feeding and solid food). Younger toddlers/kids would need an adult to show them first before they can do it on their own. Older kids would already be able to do it by themselves.

-Older kids could try to teach their baby siblings how to crawl and walk when the baby gets older. They could get down on the floor and crawl around them to encourage the baby to crawl after them. For walking, they could pick them up and try to help them walk on their own.

I don’t expect all of these to make it in for the initial release of course, but hopefully it could happen eventually. Also, I really hope interactions between siblings could be programmed to work for multiple kids. Imagine a pair of twins trying to help their new baby sister/brother learn to walk. It would be super cute.

Posted April 25, 2020 at 6:13 pm