The Paralives Hub Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Ideas- reputation, jobs, other

• Ideas- reputation, jobs, other

• vix

July 17, 2019 at 11:12 pm
     Hub Points

Something I’d really like to see is reputation, aka parapeople changing your opinion of you without directly interacting with them. Like depending on your neighbors traits/personality they like you more or less based on how much money you have, how nice or messy your house is, how your people behave- are they nice and helpful to the community or rude and destructive. If you’re cheating on your spouse and it comes to light, other parapeople might be harder to flirt with. If your house is messy, neighbors could comment on that, maybe deny invites to come over. That sort of stuff seems really fun and adds additional pros and/or cons based on how you play.

Another thing I was thinking about are jobs that are not rabbit holes. I’d just love some simple professions you can watch over, or at least see your people bobbing around town when they’re working. We’re gonna have cars- what if we could be car mechanics, or knockoff-uber drivers? What if you could own a daycare, have your neighbors drop their kids at your house every day? Or be a crafter, like your neighbors would call you and ask you to make a thing for them, and then you’d either call them to pick it up or get a little extra money if you delivered the thing yourself? Other jobs that would fit that not-rabbit hole scenario could be painter, writer, hairdresser, dogwalker… What if you could be an architect? Like if your neighbors would ask you to remodel a room, or their whole lot, and they’d give you a budget to do it on, or even have some special requests, like “room in this style and that color palette”. If clothes will truly have colorwheels and patterns, maybe you could even be a designer! There’s plenty of jobs that don’t need to be rabbit holes and I’d just love to micromanage my whole family instead of having to choose one person I follow to work or having all of them disappear into oblivion. Of course, if you have any other job ideas, please share!

Some things I’d like to see in character creation would be like a paintbrush tool letting you add freckles, moles, birthmarks or scars wherever you want. Maybe a 2nd brush for tattoo design. And pleaaaase ombre and highlights for hair. Height would be neat too, of course a slider would be best, but even just short | average | tall presets would be awesome. Heterochromia eyes. No idea how complex or simplistic the characters will look, but even on simple looking characters you can do sooo much to make them unique.

• elita

July 17, 2019 at 11:39 pm
     Hub Points

i love the idea of a height slider! this is really creative and i’d like to see some of this stuff in the actual game

• keely

July 18, 2019 at 4:28 pm
     Hub Points

Job interviews

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 20, 2019 at 3:43 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Reputation is a nice idea. It would be cool if other parapeople’s opinion of you was formed based on their own personalities. Like if your house is messy and they’re also messy, they won’t mind.

I don’t mind jobs where you can follow the paraperson, but I’d still like enough jobs that can be rabbitholes. In other games sometimes I like to send my characters off and have them do there own thing and not have to worry about them for a while.

• clois200

August 3, 2019 at 9:02 pm
     Hub Points

I definitely would love for work not to be rabbit holes. I like how sim3 for example had all of the workplaces built in the world. It would be cool to at least see your sim go into the building. However I would love for there to be like tasks for the sim to do. Like in an office get coffee or send emails. On top of this they should have free reign in their work place so the sim can interact with other sims whilst doing work tasks or eat and take calls at the same time. Maybe for there to be more flexibility of when they need to do the tasks

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close