The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk ideas for disablities

• ideas for disablities

MagaCarter updated 8 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 5, 2020 at 5:50 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

what are some ideas for disablities Do you want to see?

I want to see

autism
    wheelchairs -but I know this means accessible counters, wheel-in showers/baths, counterless stovetops.
    deaf
    blind

If it’s possible the ability to have non-disabled paras raise (ie: house train and socalize) puppies. Then give it to a school to become a service dog.

• This discussion was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  MagaCarter.
    4+
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    February 8, 2020 at 12:00 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would like to see learning disabilities in game – dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia.

2+
  • Bucketdwarf

February 10, 2020 at 7:01 am
     Hub Points

I think physical disabilities such as using a wheelchair or missing a limb or being blind could work. However, I think doing mental disorders/disabilities is too complicated to do justice, it would probably just come off as tacky and very surface level. I personally do not want my characters to have ADHD or OCD because I deal with that in real life… I don’t want it in a game that I’m using to escape a little.
    I personally think that having traits such as nervous/neurotic, restless, hyper, gloomy etc would be enough tbh

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 10, 2020 at 9:24 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6921]I think physical disabilities such as using a wheelchair or missing a limb or being blind could work. However, I think doing mental disorders/disabilities is too complicated to do justice, it would probably just come off as tacky and very surface level. I personally do not want my characters to have ADHD or OCD because I deal with that in real life… I don’t want it in a game that I’m using to escape a little.[/quote]

Surely the same could be said for people who require a wheelchair or are missing a limb? Don’t they want to escape as well?
    I agree with the idea that mental disabilities shouldn’t be in the game though. They’re far too complex to be put in a simulation game like this.

1+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 13, 2020 at 8:55 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6924]

I think physical disabilities such as using a wheelchair or missing a limb or being blind could work. However, I think doing mental disorders/disabilities is too complicated to do justice, it would probably just come off as tacky and very surface level. I personally do not want my characters to have ADHD or OCD because I deal with that in real life… I don’t want it in a game that I’m using to escape a little.

Surely the same could be said for people who require a wheelchair or are missing a limb? Don’t they want to escape as well?
    I agree with the idea that mental disabilities shouldn’t be in the game though. They’re far too complex to be put in a simulation game like this.

[/quote]

But there are also disablied people who want to be included in the Video games, etc

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close