The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas ideas for dcl/updates

• ideas for dcl/updates

official.maellow updated 4 months ago 11 Members · 21 Posts
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    June 27, 2020 at 9:37 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

i know this is really far off in the future, but here are some dcls/free updates i would love to see. please leave yours too!

generations- i love something similar to the sims 3, where it wasn’t only about the kids but parents and grandparents too. strollers, walking canes, teen pranks, video cameras, family games like monopoly or horseshoes would be cool, stuff animals, grounding/punishments and curfews are all things i would like to see.

into the future- unpopular opinion, i loved sims 3 into the future. the new hobbies in skill were so cool. this pack could feature robot building, changing the past, different futures, and other things like that.

small pets/farm- since common pets are already included in base games, it would be cool to have an update including small pets like bunnies, hedgehogs, ferrets, hamsters too. rabbits could move out of the cage and kinda function like a cat in the sense it doesn’t stay in a cage 24/7. farm animals might be included in a dlc since it would take more engineering and include other things than just objects. i would love to see cows, sheep, chickens, and ducks. all would have their own products which you could sell or turn into cheese or clothing.

island/beach- would include mermaids, traditions, and a lot of build/buy objects based on the island theme.

supernatural- since they wouldn’t be included in the base game, i’m okay with this being split into to dlcs/packs. one for magic such as witches, wizards, fairies, and one for vampires, werewolves, and others.

8+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    June 28, 2020 at 10:11 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I think everything you said under generations should be base game, Paralives could really stand out if it provides this richness in detail without the extra charge. I’m wary of dividing up expansions along the same lines as the sims. I do like your suggestions though. There are a lot of us calling for farming and supernatural packs, including me. The small pets I hope will be a free update. Island and “into the future” packs are both things we’ve seen before, so I would like it if those things came to Paralives with a bit of a unique twist, though I can’t say exactly what those twists would be.

7+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    June 28, 2020 at 6:01 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

The “generations” idea sounds like something that should be in the base game at launch. I mean, we might not get all of that necessarily, but don’t see why content for parents and grandparents would be saved for an update. Espeically since Alex said he wants all ages to have lots of fun gameplay. Same with the beach. I think that could be done in the BG since the devs have said they want a beach in the BG. Seems weird to wait for an update for that.

I agree on the supernatural and future ideas for dlc. I think those would be best as optional content since it would be a game changer. Honestly, aside from those two, I’m not sure what else I could picture being dlc.

I also agree that small pets/farm animals are basically confirmed for an update since we know only cats, horses, and dogs will be in the initial game. My hopes are that they’ll add rabbits, rodents, and birds since those are pretty common pets.

As for me, I don’t think we’ll see things like amusment parks at release, so my main hope for a big update is to get attractions like zoos, aquariums, circuses, and theme parks.

8+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    June 28, 2020 at 8:53 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I like your ideas and would like to see those as well. There’s been some interesting discussion going about different edges to bring to supernatural dlc content ideas that I’d love to see and hope gets in a dlc. Farming is one I’m secretly excited about having hopefully as a dlc <3 But as another mentioned i feel some of these should be already be included with the base game like the island beach stuff since we know there will be beaches because there’s boat houses on the sea, some small pets should be included i feel since we’re getting cats and dogs but more could come later with a free update for those that are more complex, and the generational content i really hope is in the base game already. I like the idea of having themed dlcs and would like to see some we’ve never seen done before including with sims.

dlcs ideas:

1900s decades and ancient history: indian dynasty, egypt which i know has been done before, rome, elizabethan/gregorian, medieval. the decades could have build buy objects ,cars,new lots etc.

Around the world: include more different cultures of differnt continents/countries that are under-represented, and there could be new worlds based on these locations with their own local culture activites, food, instruments, folklore/legends etc.

Renaissance: new careers, skills, activities,fine art,ballet,classic literature books,opera, theatre plays,ballet, symphonies

Outdoor adventure: with new hobbies and sports like snowboarding,surfing, canoeing,backpacking, skiing, ski lodges etc.

Economic and civics: it might not be everyone’s cup of tea but this could add in events that can affect paras locally or the whole open world and their economy, politics, voting for causes, and creating clubs/organization,animal shelters where we can have paras adopt animals, homeless shelters for paras, paras being able to make investments,etc.

8+
    • reilly

Pro Hubkin
      June 29, 2020 at 6:27 am
      Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
       Hub Points

i completely forgot about around the world packs! i always wanted to use them but never really got the chance. i would like there to be longer times, like maybe you could stay there for a while year(however that will be timed in game) and help build and strengthen the community and learn all about the culture. maybe if you marry someone there too you could bring them home and stuff.

3+
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    June 28, 2020 at 11:53 pm
     Hub Points

Time travel

I also consider Into the future as one of the best DLCs that The Sims franchise ever had. I would like to see future, that could be changed. And it would be nice to have past as cakeefeatured mentioned. If I could choose, I would pick either the era of colonization or stone age, silver age and bronze age. And of course, I would like to see option to actually live in these periods, like The Sims Medieval.

Adventures and exploration

This idea is big, so it would have to be divided into smaller packs. So first, exploration of nature. You would be able to find new species of animals and plants, minerals and so. Science career would get lot of new branches, like hydrologist, mycologist or climatologist. You would be able to find out new knowledge. It would be lot of work though.

Next we have adventures around world, like secret tombs, temples and places like jungles.

Ocean exploration – diving into seas and oceans, finding new species and sunken ships and treasures, submarines

Space exploration – new planets, space stations and ships, aliens

Wildlife

I kinda expect more animals to be added later, but I think it will be only smaller pets and forest animals. Animals like elephants, lions, pandas and others would be harder to implement in general gameplay. This one could come out with Zoos and parks / reservations. You could study animals and take care of them

Reality shows

This one would be trickey, but I think there are some interesting reality shows that could work in life simulation game. Some reality shows would need well thought system, it couldnt be too much easy or impossible, you could lose anytime and so. Maybe even some could use quick actions like in games from TTG.

Castaway

And last for now, one of my favourite in The Sims franchise, castaway. There is probably nothing to be explained about this one, maybe I would only say that it would be part of game, so you could end up on island and then get back to your home

8+
    • reilly

Pro Hubkin
      June 29, 2020 at 6:25 am
       Hub Points

i haven’t played castaway, but i’ve watched plumbellas series on it and it seems super fun! i’m a big animal person so i can’t wait to see what kind of animals they add in the future:)

2+
    • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
      July 2, 2020 at 12:53 am
      Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
       Hub Points

Reality shows… what if a video of your para on the show appears periodically on their TV, and on the TVs of other parafolk you play in the world?

2+
    • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
      July 2, 2020 at 8:11 pm
      Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
       Hub Points

I see a lot of potential with a possible Adventures/Holiday pack. (or update) Especially with modding support built in.

Just imagine even if they made an update with one or two holiday destinations (I wouldn’t expect more than 3), modders could then run with it and start making locations far easier than they could for The Sims 4. (especially since they said there will be a neighborhood creation tool after launch)

Really modding support in general excites me and it’s something I think can go a long way to supporting the developers in creating a game with diverse options. If you’ve seen Stardew Valley modding you know that modders have probably added every vegetable and fruit under the sun by now.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Dizzardy.
      4+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    June 29, 2020 at 3:48 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Personally I think that most things we experience on a day to day basis should be in the base game and free updates, and then extras should be expansions. For example “generations” is something we all experience everyday. It’s a given. But for example Paranormals would be an expansion as most people don’t come across a vampire in their day to day life 😂.

My ideas for expansions are:

– Paranormals (that sort of does what the title ‘Paranormals’ says)

– Day out pack (zoos, museums, galleries, funfairs, circuses, ice rinks, skate parks, and other similar gameplay features and locations)

– Farming (stuff to grow, more animals, and crops to sell)

-Businesses (being able to have you’re own shop, or other company and run it. This could also be an update I’m not sure)

There are definitely more things which would be awesome too but those are the things I automatically think of, that I think would be really cool 🙂

7+
    • reilly

Pro Hubkin
      July 3, 2020 at 1:41 am
       Hub Points

ooo! i lvoe the day out packs. that would be great it i don’t really feel like caring for some of my paras ahah

2+
  • Francisco

Parafolk
    June 29, 2020 at 3:50 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I doubt that they will make Dlc of large expansions, perhaps if they make content packs or that they implement new mechanics but without exaggeration since I understand that they will leave the doors open and the necessary bases for the creators of mods.

5+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      June 29, 2020 at 11:26 pm
       Hub Points

That’s a good point! I think new mechanics for interactions and activities will be important for dlc and diverse gameplay over time

3+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    June 29, 2020 at 7:35 pm
     Hub Points

ParaEarth: I think it would be cool if Paralives had a dlc that would be it’s own globe/earth, and each time there would be a dlc coming in the form of a world we can play, it’d get filled in as a particular continents shown on the world map we can click on to play in if that makes sense.It’d be like populating a whole new earth of Paraworld/Paralives. Where we can allow our paras to move from one world to the next, be able to fly our paras out to any of the list of worlds without having to have vacation days set up,dual citizenship in other world would allow you certain privileges, create and run businesses in 3 worlds at a time, vacation homes, boarding schools for younger paras, etc. Any other suggestions welcome to add on to this one.

More ideas:

Family life- having new community lots, interactions to creating a stronger family unit, more clothing and toys for younger paras, daycare,flying kites, teach kids to ride bikes etc. It’d be more centered on the younger youth and their childhood creating family bonds and friends and memories with them .

Circus and entertainment- like the Lennon bro’s circus or the tingling bro’s circus, it could have the option for it to appear randomly or be a main attraction everyday. There would be comedy clubs and other fun entertainment for all ages. Haven’t thought too much of it but think it’d be interesting.

Romantic Evenings- would be for couples and spouses dates and romantic interactions, renew wedding vows, have anniversary celebrations for married couples, hot air balloon, have picnics, candy/or chocolate stores, valentines holiday, lingerie stores (like a Victoria secret )can be a new lot with more under garment styles, romantic things for couples and spouses to keep their marriages and relationships fresh, fun, and interesting.

Home Improvement- hire architects to build your para a home on a empty lot by either picking out premade homes (idk if custom homes could work so premade would be better) unless you could somehow save a room like sims 4, I think some players could even create house plan designs and send them in to be featured in the dlc would be nice. once the house is finished you can move in. Be able to become a house flipper buying old abandoned homes and community lots, ability to buy second &thIrd homes you can rent out. Have home improvement stores like a Home Depot équivalent (for those who are in USA know what I’m talking about) which can allow us to buy from there on out new paint, flooring,window, basically any build items that will get featured in dlcs. Players would have to go to the home improvement store to buy them in order for them to be added to our build buy mode library, but there can be filters letting you know what’s new.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  cakeefeatured.
    7+
    • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
      July 2, 2020 at 12:56 am
       Hub Points

I like these, but I think family life and romance should be base game!

3+
    • amandac

Star Hubkin
      July 3, 2020 at 11:58 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

@sweetchilli I agree, romance, weddings, honeymoons, celebrations should all be elaborate and basegame.

4+
  • Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    June 29, 2020 at 9:34 pm
     Hub Points

I had these ideas yesterday, but I wanted to write them today, so I wouldnt have one long post

Superheroes and villains

This is something I’ve been wishing for very long time. I understand how hard is it to make game, so we would be only able to create heroes on Batman’s level – so basically still human vigilantes with super gadgets and similiar villains.

Paranormals

I have actually another idea. Of course I agree with witches, vampires and others, but this idea came from the Superheroes and villains. Since heroes with powers would be hard to make (reason why there is still no game about Flash or new Superman game), I think that there are some powers that could work but of course without superheroe stuff like fighting. So for example mind reading or telekinesis could work.

Modern day royalty

I just believe that this one could be really interesting. But other than typical british royalty, there could be also sultanism or emirate.

Pirates

What can I say about this one? There could be village or secret base of pirates, then ship and of course other islands, maybe it would be nice to actually do modern day pirates.

Multiverse

I came with this idea a few months ago regarding The Sims and to be honest, it is something that could be potentially. I still didn’t think about gameplay stuff and all, but it would be interesting to try this idea.

Homeless life

This idea is really favourite and I personally think it should be Dlc. Gameplay with homeless people could go really deep, so it would deserve own dlc. Maybe there could be also feature to make teens run away from home.

6+
  • Tini96

Star Hubkin
    June 30, 2020 at 12:28 am
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think most of the things you mentioned should be in the basegame.

I really hope for a Supernatural DLC, but I think that because so many are asking for Supernatural, that there will definitely be one in the future.

It would also be nice if paras could have superpowers like light, water, fire etc. but I know it would be hard to make it.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Tini96.
    2+
  • Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    July 2, 2020 at 7:54 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think expansion packs make the most sense for content that’s largely outside of every day living or just entirely fantastical. Anything that can supplement a parafolks every day life probably makes more sense as a free update.

For example Supernatural or Sci-Fi/Time Travel/Superhero content seems like perfect fits for expansion packs. Since they would shake up the base game drastically. Maybe fame is also something that might make sense as an expansion.

It’s easy to get into the idea that things like Farming, College, Apartments etc could be expansions just because that’s how Sims did it (edit: well ok not the farming part)….but I think those things could come in free updates. (especially Apartments)

I guess it depends on how big these “free updates” end up being. The way they talked about it made it sound like these free updates will be pretty substantial. (and not just “here’s a few more tops for Paramaker, bye”)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Dizzardy.
    7+
    • amandac

Star Hubkin
      July 3, 2020 at 12:02 pm
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

@dizzardy I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t play with supernatural/fantasy so I would rather those be optional.

2+
  • official.maellow

Paraling
    July 29, 2020 at 10:17 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

personally, i’m not really into the whole supernatural thing (i prefer realistic gameplay). but i really want smaller animals and farming to be implemented

3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close