The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Ideas for babies

• Ideas for babies

Gentle updated 8 months, 4 weeks ago 22 Members · 26 Posts
  • atheistcanuck

July 18, 2019 at 11:18 pm
     Hub Points

I’d like to see babies that do things rather than just lie there and cry when their needs are low.

Babies should have personalities that matter, like shy babies that fuss when held by somebody besides a parent.

Crib mobiles that the babies try to grab a hold of and play with.

Those baby bouncers that are rigged so that the baby is “standing up” and they bounce in them.

Babies learning to sit up and crawl as they get close to being toddlers.

What do you think? Do you have other ideas for making the babies more interesting?

15+
  • alegria

July 19, 2019 at 3:13 pm
     Hub Points

It seems a really good idea I always thought that playing babies in the sims was sooo boring. Another idea could be to add educational toys that could prepare them for their future skills.

6+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 19, 2019 at 7:09 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’d like to see in-depth gameplay for babies. Letting them crawl, teaching them to stand and then toddle around. Things like playmats, playpens, lots of toys. I love the idea of a bouncer, and also a walker so they can waddle around the house. I’d also like cute interactions with the siblings, like kids asking to hold or feed the new baby.

11+
  • squaw118

July 21, 2019 at 6:14 pm
     Hub Points

Maybe A Stroller Also So You Could Take Them To The Park And A Rocking Chair To Rock Them If You Want And The Ability To Breast Feed

9+
  • kesi2008

July 22, 2019 at 4:47 pm
     Hub Points

Maybe even car seats so we can take babies with us everywhere.

9+
  • very-excited

July 22, 2019 at 7:42 pm
     Hub Points

With the possibility of gradual aging, I would definitely love to see babies start as bald, needy raisins, and then become more and more toddler-like, learning how to sit up, crawl and then eventually walk as they transition into toddlerhood. Hopefully their parents, older siblings, older relatives and whoever else is around could encourage or discourage early development by reading to them, giving them educational toys, playing with them, etc. It would also be really cool if, as the baby got older, it starts to sleep for longer, develop their personality (just little things, like being fussy or needy or quiet), but honestly, the base game already has so many awesome features planned, so if this doesn’t end up happening, I won’t be upset.

12+
  • sommorebutta

Paraling
    July 24, 2019 at 4:21 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’d love to see babies have clothes and hair. Without mods. I’d love that stage in between baby and toddler. I’m so open to the previous posters ideas. Great ideas

8+
  • nadja55

August 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm
     Hub Points

Yes, I also like all of your ideas. It would be nice to be able to go for a stroll in the park, an driving around in a car with your newborn baby.

3+
  • Ashes

Admin August 7, 2019 at 4:35 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love the idea of babies being more fleshed out, but that would only work if we get gradual aging for some of these options. For example, having them crawl around would only work with gradual aging because you wouldn’t see newborns do that as they simply wouldn’t be able to. But, that said, I’d love to have strollers, car seats, more interactions with siblings or on their own with the crib/toys/crib mobile, early personalities and such. Also, the possibility to add some “light” (as in not much) hair or change their clothes.

And if we don’t get gradual aging, then maybe get some of these ideas for toddlers instead, to help them learn.

6+
  • jennaa

August 9, 2019 at 12:16 am
     Hub Points

I love all the ideas here! I’ve always thought babies in the sims were veryyy boring (not to exaggerate).

sheesh, I have one too many ideas. of course, they might not be added into the amazing game, but it doesn’t hurt to try, right? 🙂

— I think it would be awesome for the babies growth to be more progressive (instead of just going from an infant to a 3 yr old). for example— as the baby is first born, you don’t have the ability to teach them to talk or walk. after a few days, the amount of things you can do with the baby increases. (like teaching the child to talk)

— also having the height of the baby change over time would be a really interesting aspect, and the time it takes for the baby to reach the toddler age could be adjusted by the player.

— lots of people have said and thought this, but I need to emphasize how amazing this would be. STROLLERS. I don’t know why, exactly, but I just love strollers. I love the idea of having your parafolk take a walk with their child at the park.

— along the topic of babies, but not really, I’d really love different pregnancies. there could be a pregnancy where the woman is really moody, tired, and craving certain types of food. on the other hand, there could be a woman who is happy, motivated, and is inclined to be more healthy than usual. after all, every woman’s pregnancy is very different

11+
  • jennaa

August 9, 2019 at 12:20 am
     Hub Points

I love all the ideas here! I’ve always thought babies in the sims were veryyy boring (not to exaggerate).

sheesh, I have one too many ideas. of course, they might not be added into the amazing game, but it doesn’t hurt to try, right? 🙂

— I think it would be awesome for the babies growth to be more progressive (instead of just going from an infant to a 3 yr old). for example, as the baby is first born, you don’t have the ability to teach them to talk or walk. after a few days, the amount of things you can do with the baby increases. (like teaching the child to talk)

— also having the height of the baby change over time would be a really interesting aspect, and the time it takes for the baby to reach the toddler age could be adjusted by the player.

— lots of people have said and thought this, but I need to emphasize how amazing this would be. STROLLERS. I don’t know why, exactly, but I just love strollers. I love the idea of having your parafolk take a walk with their child at the park.

— along the topic of babies, but not really, I’d really love different pregnancies. there could be a pregnancy where the woman is really moody, tired, and craving certain types of food. on the other hand, there could be a woman who is happy, motivated, and is inclined to be more healthy than usual. after all, every woman’s pregnancy is very different.

I’m looking forward to hearing everyone else’s ideas moving forward!

• dxn

August 9, 2019 at 11:11 pm
     Hub Points

Their looks~
    I’d love if you have the option to change the babies clothes and that they can be more diverse like fat or big or little(like a premature baby).

Activities~
    I’d also love if they could crawl around on the floor and do their own thing, instead of them also being held or carried 24/7

Growth~
    I’d love if they’d be like a smaller sim toddler when they get to the Walking stage,then can be a full grown toddler.

Travel~
    I really want to take them somewhere,like by car or scroller,I think it would be cute to take them to stores and stuff.

Death~
    I know it sounds kinda harsh,but instead of the babies always just getting removed by child services,i’d like in some cases they’d just die,I feel like there are accidents or illnesses that would make it more relastic,babies aren’t immortal.

Excited for the game,there’s nothing you will do that’ll ruin jt.❤️ Good luck.

4+
  • annie14229

August 10, 2019 at 9:24 pm
     Hub Points

I love the idea of babies needing some ” loving.” We should be able to do more with babies. They shouldn’t be objects but paras. I feel like pregnant sims need to be more fleshed out. In the sims, you couldn’t really do much. Pregnant paras should be able to hold baby showers events or close friends of a para could throw a baby shower for us. I think they should also be able to take maternity leave from work. I think there should also be baby bottles we can buy from plastic to glass and be able to go to the store to buy formulas normal, organic or vegan. And also from decorating nurseries to choosing whether we want bassinets or standard cribs, changibg tables etc. Also add breastfeeding options.

1+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin August 11, 2019 at 10:06 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Really great ideas. I’m feeling rather broody now!

I, too, would like to see babies not be like “objects”. Have we ever seen 2 babies interact with each other in a life simulation? I don’t think so and it’s such an important part of developing a baby’s social skills.

Imagine 2 friends, each with a baby. Play dates ?

4+
  • lydia355

August 13, 2019 at 1:22 pm
     Hub Points

There Should Be 6 Baby stages like 1.newborn 2.Supported Sitter 3.Sitter 4.Crawler 5.Toddler 6.Preschooler Newborn babies lie down in the crab and Supported Sitters can roll on there back and Sitters can scoot on the floor and crawlers crawl on the floor and at the end of the crawler stage you teach them to walk and they become a toddler. Toddlers can potty train and teach them to talk and preschoolers go to preschool.

2+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    September 5, 2019 at 5:24 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to see baby stores for buying furniture and be able to teach babies how to swim or be able to put them in a floaty in pools with the parent accompanying them.

For toddlers I think it’d be adorable to be able to have adult paras hold hands with them when walking through town or the neighborhood

3+
  • Hasina

September 12, 2019 at 4:18 pm
     Hub Points

I would love to be able to control when my character will stop breastfeeding a baby because it adds more to the realism. It’s not everybody that breastfeeds the child throughout the time the child is a baby. And it goes the same way for people who would want their para baby to be breastfed as a toddler. To me all this just seems more realistic

1+
  • Charlie Kingston

September 29, 2019 at 10:01 am
     Hub Points

It would be so cool if instead of there being life states like a toddler, child, teen and so on, it would be cool if they are more like a phase. So when the child is a baby, they progress through the baby phase and pass certain stages as their knowledge, skill and age progresses. So when the baby is born it starts at the start of the phase, then it slowly learns to crawls and it grows a bit in size. Then it can learn to talk and so slowly the baby gets older and then by the end of the phase it’s a young toddler. Then when it’s a toddler is can maybe walk, talk a bit better, grow hair and teeth, and so forth. Then the child phase starts at like 6 when they start to gain a little more independence as they progress, the tween phase, where they go out by themselves more, the teen phase where they start to have some more… changes and so it goes on even when they are adults and elders. I think this would be cool instead of a notice and a major change in height. It’d probably be complicated though, but cool. And I’d really like it.

2+
  • AD1234

September 29, 2019 at 5:36 pm
     Hub Points

To elaborate more on the idea of baby showers, and events for your parafolk to tell someone they’re expecting, I think an option for baby shower gifts. Like you could set a limit to gift price, anyone attending is requires to bring a gift, you get a +1 for example. this event set up could extend into things like parties and weddings.

When someone brings a gift it could be a card with like $10 (ie in-game currency), or furniture, clothes, toys. you could even make a gift registry.

2+
  • Jasmine

October 31, 2019 at 7:16 am
     Hub Points

-If we can actually travel with parafolk to Grocery Stores and such, I would love to be able to travel to a Children’s Store. In the store, there would be items for the (hopefully) different stages of a child. For example, our parafolk could purchase cute bottles for their infants, or they could purchase dolls for toddlers. There could also be items like a breast-pump, baby food, walkers, Potty-Chairs, stools, car seats, strollers, and toys. I think it would also be very cool to also be able to purchase clothing items for children here. Some clothing items would be in create-a-para-mode, and other items would only be available in these shops. We would click on the item we want, a Para employee would make sure we want that item, then charge us the amount listed. The items would appear in our bags, then we take them home!
    -Some of these items, we would NEED for our children when they reach certain phases of their childhood. But the other items in the shops could be optional. For example, a crib and diapers could be automatically given to Parafolk at their Baby Shower. The Para wouldn’t be able to give birth without having a Baby Shower, so the crib wouldn’t pop up out of nowhere *cough *cough.

3+
  • Fiona

November 3, 2019 at 11:33 pm
     Hub Points

I would love if they followed other polks with their eyes as they walk nearby. That would give them a lot of implied personality.

2+
  • exquizitesue

December 8, 2019 at 6:02 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

since its an open worl I would like to see strollers for the babies
    -milk bottles
    -be able to carry the baby around
    -change the baby on the changing table
    -more outfit ideas
    -car seats

2+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    December 10, 2019 at 9:08 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’m loving all these great ideas! I would also love if we could hand the infant to another para – I hate to see them on the floor.

2+
  • SmallestPolarBear

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 8, 2020 at 7:26 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I took early devellopement classes and they are 3 types of babies , good babies(don’t cry much happy) , bad babies(cry no routine grumpy) and slow babies(take lots of time to get a reaction) and the categorie you have as a baby affect your temperament forever

1+
  • Hasina

January 11, 2020 at 2:58 pm
     Hub Points

Babies should have personality. That is one thing among the many things I want babies to have.

2+
  • Gentle

February 3, 2020 at 9:09 am
     Hub Points

I feel like if the babies (and toddlers?) are not potty trained, or taught to speak, etc. they should have significant drawbacks when older, like not automatically using toilets, or not being able to communicate to strangers.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close