The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Idea for relationship models

• Idea for relationship models

• Lucy

March 21, 2020 at 3:05 pm
     Hub Points

Hey everyone! I was thinking that Paralives gameplay would be so amazing if it had different kinds of relationship models, such as an option for an open/polyamorous relationship. Not sure if this would be feasible, but if possible, it would offer an interesting and mire realistic new dynamic. Please let me know your thoughts!

• Kaitlyn

Rising Hubkin
    March 27, 2020 at 5:29 pm
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

You mean like being married to multiple paras at the same time and other paras in the relationship show indifference to it? Interesting!

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 9:05 pm
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I am open to this idea! this sounds like an amazing idea, and open relationships also make the game more interesting, and I agree, it makes it more realistic.

• minimooskie

May 13, 2020 at 5:59 am
     Hub Points

I’d like romantic and moral personality traits to accomplish this. for instance, I’d like to toggle whether a para would accept a poly or open relationship, and maybe choose whether or not they are looking for commitment. then when asking a para to be in a relationship, we could have the option of asking to be exclusive or open. this could make it a lot easier to either form an exclusive relationship or have a one night stand with another para. rather than running a certain number of social interactions, you could just flirt a couple times and then ask if they’re up for it, and they would have a certain chance to say yes or no. if you ask a commitment-seeking para to sleep over too soon, they could act insulted and walk away. if you ask a non-committal para on a date, they could say they’re focusing on their career or something. this could also work well with the chemistry/attraction traits people have suggested. so if a non-committal para started with a 50/50 chance of “sleeping over”, that could increase in your para’s favor the more attracted they are.

likewise it would be nice to choose whether a para is very moral or not in terms of lying, stealing, insulting people, etc. then if I direct a moral para to do something “wrong” they would feel very negatively about it, for example, and maybe want to apologize. whereas a less moral para would be neutral about doing the same thing.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    May 13, 2020 at 10:18 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This is not a feature that I would personally use, but it would be nice to have as an option for those who do.

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    May 13, 2020 at 1:33 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

This is kinda cool and I’d definitely play with it, but I don’t want it as a default. I just don’t hear about many irl open/polyamorous relationships, so it would be strange to me if it replaced monogamy as the norm in Paralives. I am not by any means saying that kind of relationship is unacceptable or in any way bad, I guess I’m saying it shouldn’t be the most common? If it’s left up to the game to generate relationships in story progression I can see this being overrepresented in-game.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now