The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Idea for Non-Reciprocal Relationships

• Idea for Non-Reciprocal Relationships

Karon updated 1 year, 9 months ago 8 Members · 8 Posts
  • AmbiguouslyAnonymous

February 5, 2020 at 6:09 pm
     Hub Points

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but I think it would be really nice to have non-reciprocal relationships between Parafolk!
    What I mean by this is that one Para may, for instance, feel like they’re best friends with someone, while the other Para only feels like they’re mild acquaintances.

This could allow for things like:
    -Unrequited love
    -Crushes
    -Trusting Parafolk who feel close to people much faster than others
    -Untrusting Parafolk who take awhile to feel close to people
    -Mismatched relationships, I.E. Para A loves Para B and thinks they’re BFFs, but Para B actually hates Para A (feelings don’t necessarily have to be that extreme though)

And a lot of other things like that
    In general I think having non-reciprocal relationships as an option would open up a lot of interesting stuff in terms of gameplay
    I always felt it was weird how in any of the Sims games each character would share the exact same opinions for each other and I think this could be a nice change from that

Maybe to accomplish this each Para could have a stat for how much they like every other Para they’ve met, it could be called something like their Personal Opinion or maybe just Opinion.
    Comparing any two Paras’ opinions to each other is how you’d get their overall relationship.
    Some Ideas for relationship terms:
    Strangers (after they first meet and are still mainly feel neutral to each other)
    Estranged (if two Paras were previously friends and then their friendship went back down to 0)
    Co-Worker/Classmate
    Acquaintances, Friends, Close Friends, Best Friends
    Disliked, Resented/Hated, Enemies, Rivals
    Frenemies (if their opinion of each other is low/negative but are still nice to each other)

There could be more too if the mismatched relationships are taken into account
    For instance if they could be ones like:
    Faux Friend (if one person dislikes the other, but is still overall friendly toward them.)
    Stubborn Friend (if one person dislikes the other, is overall not nice to them, but the other person still has a very high opinion of them)
    Cold-hearted Friend (if one person likes the other, but is overall mean to them.)

These are all just rough ideas mind you, I’m sure if anything like this were implemented into the actual game someone else would, for instance, be able to come up with much better relationship terms than me lol

Also, aside from their Personal Opinion on any given Para, there could also probably be a separate stat for Romantic Opinion, which is how things like crushes and unrequited loves could come into play.

Anyway, what do you all think of this idea?

• justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 2:37 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Thats a good idea that would make the game a bit realistic.

• Unesty

Pro Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 8:20 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I love this idea, I think there should be differences in mutual relationships how much one para likes another.
    If they could develop crushes that would be awesome. It would make roleplaying so much more fun.

• ravenben

February 7, 2020 at 5:30 am
     Hub Points

Totally vouching for this idea,
    If I get it right. then what the players see is only the opinion of the para about the relationship (perceived relationship) and it would be different for both paras. Is it right?

Ideas of paras have to figure out what the others para think of the relationship is totally fun. The relationship that is part of career advancement will also be more challenging to deal with. I adds use to some interaction like “What do you think of the (insert para name)?” or “What do you think about our relationship?”

Yes, I think this is quite interesting!!!

• EaselEar

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 7, 2020 at 8:18 pm
     Hub Points

I was actually really excited for all these relationships to be implemented in the sims 4. You can have “hot and cold” or “just friends” and stuff like that. Then I learned that was just set dressing, that it doesn’t really do anything and chances are you’re always going to end up with love-birds – soulmates anyway.

If there was actually a way for the paras to deal with this based on their personality, like a sweet and sensitive para getting upset over anything less than a friendship and wanting to do everything they can to change it, or a loner para feeling uncomfortable with getting a (one-sided) friendship and having trouble staying in it. It would actually influence how our Paralives would turn out, instead of it just being happily ever after over and over.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 7, 2020 at 11:34 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Very good idea! You’ve really thought this through.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    February 16, 2020 at 7:22 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I love this idea!!

• Karon

Paraling
    February 18, 2020 at 4:34 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Sims 2 had one-sided relationship progress. If you go on sim A they would have 100 friendship with sim B, but if you go to sim B they would be like 75 because they had a particular characteristic that wouldn’t let him be 100 friendship. Like, maybe he was boring or something… And that was so cool. Maybe they could add that with paralives difficulty system. If you play on easy, the relationship would grow the same for both parafolks, but in normal they would grow realistic.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now