The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Helping Parents

• Helping Parents

Rosie updated 1 year, 8 months ago 9 Members · 9 Posts
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 3:34 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

One thing I would like is for kids to be able to assists parents in things like cooking, baking, and maybe even painting. I also helped my parents cook dinner or bake cookies, and I think it would be so fun for paras to do it. Maybe if the kids helped out often they could develop cooking/baking skills for later in life.

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 4:00 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

This is perfect! I would also like to see them helping with like other siblings, like if a parent asks them to help them with something they do it, or if the parent needs help the volunteer to help them. I feel like doing this should make the relationships stronger between the two also.

• Ruy Ruy

Paraling
    April 10, 2020 at 8:16 am
    Diamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Or they refuse to do the chores because they hate doing so. Well kids are spoiled and lazy sometimes.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 6:53 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Same, and if we get a large range of ages in the game, I hope it’s not just limited to the older kids and that the younger ages will be able to help as well. 4 year old can help in the kitchen and a 2 year old can help load laundry. It shouldn’t just be 10+ kids that can help their parents out.

• JadeSims93

April 10, 2020 at 7:55 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7707]One thing I would like is for kids to be able to assists parents in things like cooking, baking, and maybe even painting. I also helped my parents cook dinner or bake cookies, and I think it would be so fun for paras to do it. Maybe if the kids helped out often they could develop cooking/baking skills for later in life.

I think this is a good idea to put foward to the team!

• A7

Rising Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 8:39 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I love the idea that kids can help! I think kids should also be able to help/ learn to:
    Mow the lawn
    Help wash the car/s
    Help with siblings/babies (feed, change diapers, hold). Then, when they become old enough to get a job, they could have a small raise to the normal pay for their increased knowledge in babysitting ? ?

Yet at the same time, let kids be kids. Have them help around the house when needed, but let them enjoy childhood.

• iCeleste

Helpful Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 9:34 pm
    Diamond EggFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I love the idea of kids helping in the house and also if they could, get paid by doing chores and also siblings fighting with each other because one is more slob than the other

• Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 6:11 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Oh mygush that would be so cute ? It would be even more funny and frustrating that children do a bad job of it (the younger they are the worse they’ll be) I.e brake the dishes in attempt to help wash them, put too much detergent in the washing machine, hide messes around the house instead of putting it where it belongs or in the bin, or whenever they throw out the bin they alway mange to make a mess of it etc.. causing more work than help for the parents… Of course, over time, the more the kids help with the chores around the house the better their home keeping skills improves…. ? I wander if Housekeeping should be included as a self employed career in Paralives (the quickest cleaner gets more clients & better pay)

• Rosie

Rising Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:16 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

The parents could have a “chore board” for older kids and teens, where the earn money, stars, or rewards….. Just a thought.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now