The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Group Idea: Traits

• Group Idea: Traits

Jinxin updated 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • kirabook

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 9, 2020 at 8:23 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

This one is more straightforward that the idea for skills. It’s maybe not as fleshed out, so feel free to suggest more per usual.

Appearance:
    Straight forward, these are quirks you can either add to your para or are applied automatically based on how they look. (in case you’re wondering what species is, that’s a tag in case occults are added later)

Behavior:
    These are quirks you can apply to your para. It works like a scale rather than a static tag. This allows for the possibility of that scale tipping either which way as the para gets older and goes through life. Maybe they start off as “mostly neat” but by the time they’re an elder, they’re “mostly slob”. In the case of neat/slob, it can go up and down depending on how you manage their hygiene and how clean they keep their house.

You’ll notice “poster” and “hand dominance” are in this section. Those kinds of things maybe aren’t on a scale, but they don’t seem to fit in any of the other categories.

Social:
    Ignoring the placeholder animals in this section, Social works similarly to Behaviors. Social quirks are on a scale and possibly change as the para goes through life depending on how you play them.

Lifestyle
    Lifestyle is the most interesting category to me. Lifestyle basically contains a bunch of actions, hobbies, or interests that a para would lean toward in life.

A Materialistic para would go through life wanting more and more riches and objects and bigger and bigger houses. A lavish lifestyle. Their goals would be getting an increasing amount of income, expensive furniture, rich friends, and eating delicacies more than a normal person would.

A Fitness para probably values health and wellness over everything else and puts a lot of effort into staying fit and healthy all their lives. These paras would want to exercise at least once every day, values their exercise equipment, and would encourage friends or family to work out and eat healthy too.

An Academia para would value education and the pursuit of knowledge above all else. These are the paras that grow up more likely to be doctors, scientists, and teachers. They would rather read books over watching tv. Play chess instead of the latest first person shooter game. They’d want to excel in school and get straight A’s and be heartbroken if a C was ever written on their reports.

A Spiritual para is probably a para that revolves around peace and harmony and chilling out in every situation. They probably take interest in crystals or the occult. Maybe they’re hippies, maybe they’re witches. Who knows. (this one needs work, but a fun concept, strictly NOT meant to be religious)

Last one I’ll cover is Hedonist to clear any confusion that might be around. A hedonist lives for pleasure whatever they decide their pleasure is. Maybe food is the only thing that makes them happy. They’d want to try a new dish every single day or only eat their favorite food for every meal. Maybe they find pleasure in romance. Commitment isn’t really their thing, but they’ll go on date after date with someone new every night. How many paras can they romance at once? They intend to find out. Maybe they find pleasure only in travel? They’d want to travel the world even if they’re broke as a joke. Staying in one place too long gives them depression.

So, that’s how lifestyles work. It just gives the paras a preference for goals and wishes in life.

Let me know if you have any questions!

null

View post on imgur.com

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  JP.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kirabook.
  • KadZuks

Rising Hubkin
    February 9, 2020 at 9:00 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

When it comes to personality what if they used sliders based on Myers Briggs criteria. For example:

Introverted/Extroverted
    Sensing/Intuition
    Thinking/Feeling
    Judging/Perception

And you can either start of with pre-select personality traits OR depending on the choices, habits, and lifestyle your para goes with they develop one way or another. For example, a para that lives by themselves and works from home would develop more introverted traits.

This would keep things simpler, broader, and allow for more compatibility options. I could even see this turning into a personality tree where these would be the main branches and then other traits branch out of them.

Who knows, possibilities are endless. I think simplicity works the best.

• kirabook

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 10, 2020 at 1:30 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Yes, that’s what I meant when I said Behavior and Social traits would be on a scale. Probably a scale of 0-10. Instead of just deciding “They’re introverted” or “They’re extroverted”, you can slide on a scale :

– shy / ongoing
    – soft-spoken / loud

and create more unique personality types instead of plain introverted or extroverted.

I think when a para is created, you will pre-select where they are on the scales. When they’re born, they get some traits from their parents and some are randomized/form later.

A baby, toddler, child, and teen probably have very easily mold-able traits and quirks, but by the time they become an adult, it takes a little more time to, for example, making a slob para a neat one. (But not impossible)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  hoopsie022.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kirabook.
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 10, 2020 at 9:27 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6914]When it comes to personality what if they used sliders based on Myers Briggs criteria. For example:

Introverted/Extroverted
    Sensing/Intuition
    Thinking/Feeling
    Judging/Perception

And you can either start of with pre-select personality traits OR depending on the choices, habits, and lifestyle your para goes with they develop one way or another. For example, a para that lives by themselves and works from home would develop more introverted traits.

This would keep things simpler, broader, and allow for more compatibility options. I could even see this turning into a personality tree where these would be the main branches and then other traits branch out of them.

Who knows, possibilities are endless. I think simplicity works the best.

[/quote]

I’d rather they had a unique way of determining personality, rather than taking from a pre-existing test, especially since the Myers-Briggs test is somewhat controversial.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now