Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums General Ideas Gameplay modes

• Gameplay modes

Profile Photo

Community of players is divided into three different camps. There are players who are looking for more challenging gameplay and there are players who don’t want such tedious and annoying gameplay features that would make gameplay harder and for them, boring. And of course, there are players who want something in the middle – have option to decide what features from challenging mode their game is gonna have. Resolution for this could be different types of gamepley mode.

Freestyle mode (I take any original suggestion for name of this mode)

This gameplay mode would be for players who want to have full control over their game. It would be also for people who really wouldn’t want to bother with some things (I’ll mention them later in hard mode) that might be boring after some time, really annoying or even hard or even rage-quiting – Freestyle mode is for those who don’t want to spend their time on things that prevent them from enjoying their game.
    (But don’t think that this mode is really peaceful, it should still have some challenging features,, but not on a same degree as hard mode)

Hard mode (literally any suggestion for name of this mode will be better then this)

As I said before, this mode is for players who want to make their gameplay more challenging, players who want to make splendid lives for their Parafolks despite bad circumstances. What features I have in mind?

Grocery shopping – while its highly requested thing, some fans have concerns about this. They think it should be optionable and you woulnd’t need to have exact ingredients in home to make food (think about The Sims 4 or 3). In hard mode, you would have to

Certain jobs need degree – I can imagine some players to be bothered to do university in order to have job They want (such as doctor) In Freestyle mode, having degree would give you some bonuses, in hard mode, you would need it to even get that job

Online orders would take a while – In Freestyle mode, online ordered things would arrive automatically after ordering, in hard mode it might take a few days

Clothes – Clothes can’t be used by Parafolk if they are in washing machine, I can imagine that some players would hate this.

Dental hygiene – Taking care of teeth each morning and evening might be for players bothering. In hard mode, not taking care of them would result into problems with teeth

House chores – This actually gave me idea about this whole mode suggestion. In Freestyle mode, you would have some chores such as dish cleaning, cleaning of sinks, showers and baths and watering of garden flowers. In hard mode, you would need to clean windows and mirrors, take care of dust, sweep and clean floor, vacuum carpet, water house plants from buy mode. Mayble more objects could get broken, like tables, chairs, windows and such

I think this is enough for you guys to make image about this mode. More suggestion for things that should be in hard mode are welcomed.

Custom mode (again, happy to hear another suggestion for this)

At the start of the game, you get option to toggle features as you wish. Maybe you want to do grocery in order to prepare food but don’t want to bother with dental hygiene. You could make your own mode and maybe even share it on Steam with other players.

Lukka R/E. replied 11 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • I really like this idea 🙂 I think that the ability to customise every aspect of the game is a crucial aspect of what draws me to paralives, but having preset versions would be very useful for beginning players/those who want to just get straight into the game. I’d like to be able to save your custom modes to a list you could choose from 🙂

Posted February 14, 2020 at 2:11 pm
  • i really want the children in the household to be able to do chores and actually clean things, and i also like the part where you can’t wear something if it is in the laundry. i also like the thing about the grocery stores, me personally, i would like to have all the ingredients to be able to cook the recipe, but also be able to turn it off if it ever gets annoying. YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Posted February 14, 2020 at 4:46 pm
  • I love this idea too!!! It would be so useful and I can see myself using this all the time. I would definitely like to see something like this and it would add that extra bit of customisation to the game!

Posted February 14, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  • You took the words right outta my mouth this would be extremely useful for player of all different types to adjust the game to there play style I’m more of storyteller type so being able to have more control over my game is awesome.

Posted December 11, 2022 at 6:18 pm
  • Right! I feel like the key here is being able to ✨choose✨. If players get to choose what and what isn’t in their games, you could off set a lot of frustration!

Posted April 23, 2023 at 7:49 pm