The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Food Likes and Dislikes?

• Food Likes and Dislikes?

• GamerGirlForever

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 4:07 am
    Friendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I don’t know if anyone has said this before (someone probably has, but here I am) but I think it might be cool if Parafolks could have foods that they like and dislike that would actually impact gameplay. For example, toddlers or children can be picky eaters. Parafolks of various ages can have a certain liked food that they cook or eat more often than others, and then disliked foods that they’d rather avoid and won’t cook spontaneously. Having their favorite foods might make them happier in that moment, whereas eating disliked foods can spark a reaction of disgust (if eating it) or disappointment (e.g. when a kid finds out that they’re having brussels sprouts for dinner again).

They might eat disliked foods slowly (e.g. a child might sit at the table for a long time because they refuse to eat the food they don’t like and their parents are trying to make them eat it) or scarf down their favorite foods and go back for seconds. Or maybe they could sneak the disliked food to the dog under the table, or throw it in the trash when nobody is looking.

Also, an interaction to compliment the chef or thank them for cooking the meal would be a nice touch, along with passing food, or the salt, or a napkin, etc. at the family dinner table.

Another idea to make the game realistic is the potential for food allergies, or allergies in general, for that matter. (Though perhaps, not to the point of death.)

Thoughts? Ideas?

15+
  • Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 4:34 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like the idea although I really hope the para teens – adults don’t eat things they don’t like just because it’s available to them. Smarter AI PLEASE.

10+
  • Ruy Ruy

Paraling
    April 10, 2020 at 7:52 am
    Diamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Wow I did think about this but it was never this well thought out. I remember Alex tweeted that vegetarian and vegan would be cool so I’m really hoping they’re developing deep in this matter. Also I think allergy that can cause dead should be a feature tho, it’s realistic and would be interesting. Maybe then we can have an evil parafolk offer peanut to someone he/ she dislikes who’s allergic (sorry I’ve always fancy killing sims but I’m just a builder, hoping the depth of Paralives can give me enough motivation to actually play)

3+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 6:30 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I remember someone proposed the idea of Paras having a level of the 5 senses, and for sense of taste I thought it would be cute if Paras could have favorite tastes, like sweet, spicy, salty, etc. Paras with a sweet tooth would be more likely to eat sugary treats, while those who liked salty tastes would add salt to their food more often. People who like spicy foods would have a higher tolerance for foods like hot wings, but those who didn’t would reject eating them, or beg for milk or water after eating it. Maybe they”d look uncomfortable eating those foods.

Of course, I know this is a lot. Might be too much to add to the initial release, but maybe after the base game is out something like this would be cool to see through an update 🙂

6+
  • GamerGirlForever

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 7:19 pm
    Friendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7755]I remember someone proposed the idea of Paras having a level of the 5 senses, and for sense of taste I thought it would be cute if Paras could have favorite tastes, like sweet, spicy, salty, etc. Paras with a sweet tooth would be more likely to eat sugary treats, while those who liked salty tastes would add salt to their food more often. People who like spicy foods would have a higher tolerance for foods like hot wings, but those who didn’t would reject eating them, or beg for milk or water after eating it. Maybe they”d look uncomfortable eating those foods.

Of course, I know this is a lot. Might be too much to add to the initial release, but maybe after the base game is out something like this would be cool to see through an update 🙂

[/quote]

Now that you say it, I do remember someone posting this! I would like that sort of idea being in the game as well.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    April 10, 2020 at 11:08 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7755]I remember someone proposed the idea of Paras having a level of the 5 senses, and for sense of taste I thought it would be cute if Paras could have favorite tastes, like sweet, spicy, salty, etc. Paras with a sweet tooth would be more likely to eat sugary treats, while those who liked salty tastes would add salt to their food more often. People who like spicy foods would have a higher tolerance for foods like hot wings, but those who didn’t would reject eating them, or beg for milk or water after eating it. Maybe they”d look uncomfortable eating those foods.[/quote]

Love this idea, it seems like the exact type of small thing that would add a lot of depth to each character.

1+
  • Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 12:48 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

i agree with Bailey, having a spicy, salty type of liking for the paras is a great idea, especially if they were to include having like a sweet tooth liking for some foods.

1+
  • GamerGirlForever

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 4:14 pm
     Hub Points

Another thing I wonder is, if there is a supermarket in the game that Parafolks can go to, will they be able to buy not just foods, but spices and herbs as well? I think it might be interesting to see different Parafolks season the same dishes differently. It could really enhance their creativity in the kitchen, and allow for Parafolks to experiment and have specialty recipes (or for that matter, terrible recipes that no one should ever repeat…).

This might be super specific and not included in the game. Nevertheless, I’d be excited for it, as a person who loves cooking games probably more so than the average person…and probably more than I should… 😛

3+
  • InfuseBey

April 16, 2020 at 5:50 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

It would also be cool if they couldmake different level of liking and disliking foods ( hates tomatoes, toleartes mushrooms, loves eggs etc) or if like in people, they could be born with a certain like/dislike for some foods.

But yeah, I agree about the flavour profiles – it would definitely make for an interesting game!

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close