The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Food/Farming

• Food/Farming

alltimeamy updated 5 months, 1 week ago 12 Members · 16 Posts
  • alltimeamy

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 16, 2019 at 9:27 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

Hi guys! I discovered Paralives yesterday and gosh, I’m already in love. One of the things I’d really like to see though,
    is food being sold/used/processed/cultivated in different ways. Here’s a few things:

Farming (Amateur/Professional/Career)
    So for the idea of farming, I’d like to see/propose a system where people can start farming in their own backyard,
    plant some veggies and possibly sell them or use them for their own cooking. As for the professional branch, perhaps there could be
    some sort of farming business you can have/start/interact with where you hire different people to do different jobs. The farming could include (but not limited to) dairy farming, vegetable farming, wine vineyards, poultry farming, etc. It would be cool to have a rating/certificate system for produce like certified organic, vegan, etc.

Farmers Market
    A weekly or bi-weekly event that takes place in neighbourhoods you assign to have this event. Your regular farmer’s market with local produce being sold by other characters/families. The quality of these foods are defined by the skill of the farmer/certificates.

Supermarkets
    Obviously, not to exclude supermarkets, you can buy produce here too, but it is more processed and less fresh.

What do you guys think?

15+
  • maikkirapo

July 17, 2019 at 9:38 pm
     Hub Points

I agree! I would love an opportunity for the characters to be self-sufficient. I would also like more farm animals such as cows, sheep and chicken etc. that you could get milk, wool and eggs from.

6+
  • keely

July 18, 2019 at 4:32 am
     Hub Points

A couple ideas

Ingredients Necessary For Cooking:
    In order to cook/bake, you will need to have certain ingredients for each recipe. For instance, to make a burger, you would need a burger patty and bun. If you add other ingredients, such as onion, mustard, lettuce, and/or tomato, it will improve the quality of the burger.

Favourite foods:
    Chosen in the creating mode or maybe influenced from gameplay ( Ex. A pal’s favourite food is tomato soup because their mom made it frequently)

7+
  • Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 9:13 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I think it would be very nice to have more possibilities to get our own food, through farming land or raising animals ect. I also think it would be nice to get to fish and/or hunt (even if some people don’t like it but for story telling or self-sufficiency it would be interesting and it could just be a ‘rabbit hole’ kinda where you disappear in a forest and spawn back with some meat to avoid most of the graphic parts) and also maybe some wild gathering such as berries, fruits and herbs (with a possibility for herbal remedies that would have a lesser chance to work than going to a doctor/hospital) .
    Also I totally agree, there should be an option that ingredients aren’t optional to cook. You either have them and cook or you don’t and you can’t cook.
    Maybe the people taking the time to grow/fish/raise/hunt ect would have a better quality of ingredients than people that just buy from the supermarket.
    And/or the possibility to chose the quality sold by a supermarket, as some are more expensive but are technically better quality.

7+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 20, 2019 at 3:43 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Supermarkets will be nice to have, whether you can actually go there or it’s a rabbit hole of sorts.

4+
  • kliekie

Paraling
    July 20, 2019 at 11:23 am
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

This reminds me of something they do in The Netherlands all the time, especially in small towns. They set up an improvised, unguarded stall of some kind with a sign for all the prices and a money box in their own front yard. They trust people to take an item they want and leave the money in the box.

More examples:
    http://www.najibnafid.com/?catnumbr=2&language=&project=2&leftmenu=projects&prjct=Stalletjes+langs+de+weg

2+
  • squaw118

July 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm
     Hub Points

I Think The Farming Idea Would Be Awesome If They Have Cow’s And Pig’s And Chickens These Are Things That Are Lacking In The Sims 4 And Other Sims Like 1,2 And Sims 3 So It Would Be Very Awesome To Be Able To Have These Things And Be Able To Have Your Own Supermarket To Sell Your Produce And Such From And Be Able To Run The Supermarket And Hire Employees Also Would Be Nice Would Also Like to Be Able To Produce Milk And Butter From Cow Milk And Turkeys Dont Forget Those All Vegetables And Fruits And Herbs Farming Skill Should Play A Factor To How Good Of A Product You Produce Whether It Be Planting Or Gathering And Maybe Have A Aspiration To Go Along With Farming And Supermarket Owner…

4+
  • lunalunenewport

July 27, 2019 at 11:44 am
     Hub Points

bonjour sa serait bien aussi de voir des cadis des caisses des produit alimentaires et non alimentaire comme dans la vrai vie je pense que nos personnages pourrait être clients mais aussi le vendeur faudrait créer un systéme esprés et aussi pour les restaurant ou cantine voir dans les lieux extérieux vu que ces un monde ouvert car dans les sims 3 on peut pas voir dans tout les lieux sa serait génial de pouvoir faire comme dans la vraie vie mais en mieux en fictif que penser vous de mon idée jadores lidee des fermes et supermaches et magasin bio ou agricoles?

• lunalunenewport

July 27, 2019 at 11:45 am
     Hub Points

hello it would be nice to see cadis crates of food products and non-food as in real life I think our characters could be customers but also the seller would have to create a system esprés and also for the restaurant or canteen to see in places exterieur seen that these an open world because in the sims 3 you can not see in all the places it would be great to be able to do as in real life but better in fictional than you think of my idea jadores lidee farms and supermaches and store organic or agricultural?

2+
  • paraliving

August 4, 2019 at 7:00 pm
     Hub Points

I discovered it today and i im in love too and also love your idea❤ cause i love selling and buying would be great if you wanna start at the botom🤣

2+
  • Ashes

Admin August 6, 2019 at 9:55 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote lunalunenewport post_id=317 time=1564227924 user_id=355:

hello it would be nice to see cadis crates of food products and non-food as in real life I think our characters could be customers but also the seller would have to create a system esprés and also for the restaurant or canteen to see in places exterieur seen that these an open world because in the sims 3 you can not see in all the places it would be great to be able to do as in real life but better in fictional than you think of my idea jadores lidee farms and supermaches and store organic or agricultural?

Le traducteur ne t’a pas aidé beaucoup sur le coup, mais je peux traduire si tu veux 🙂 (Ce n’est pas une attaque, ou quoi que ce soit mais juste pour aider, je précise.)

What Lunalunenewport meant, in proper English (also, it isn’t a mocking or an offense of any sort, I’m just trying to help out) is that it would be nice to see the shopping carts, the crates of consumable (food) or non-consumable products as you could do in real life, and also the characters could be either customers of the shops or also be the owner of the shops and have a function added especially for that. Also for the restaurants and canteens, to be able to see the insides of the buildings/look into it from the outside, given that it is an open world, as it isn’t possible in the sims 3, and it would be great to be able to do as you would in real life but in better and fictional. What do you think of my idea? I love the idea of farms and supermarkets and stores for organic food or for the agriculture.

(Also, if you do like their idea, don’t forget to like their comment)

2+
  • Ashes

Admin August 6, 2019 at 9:56 pm
     Hub Points

And to answer on that, I’m not sure we would be able to see inside every lots even if it is open world simply because it could make it run fairly slow.

1+
  • skyler

High Hubkin
    August 6, 2019 at 11:51 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I love the idea of collecting produce, dairy and eggs. Also, honey from bees would be cool! I wholly agree with idea of being able to sell what you’ve harvested at a farmer’s market stand or even at the grocery store. I also would love the idea of canning in jars. I would love to sell pre-made foods at the market like honey jars, preserves, cheeses, wines, pickled veggies etc. It would basically make it a dream-game for me. <3

6+
  • cy0cl0n

August 16, 2019 at 6:48 am
     Hub Points

I agree with this idea! 😅 i can’t Wait for the game 😊😊

2+
  • justarandomgamer300

Pro Hubkin
    February 8, 2020 at 3:40 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

That would be awesome! Also as time goes on you can get mysterious crop seeds or unusual animals as rewards for the hard work. Kinda like Stardew Valley!

3+
  • alltimeamy

Noteworthy Newcomer
    May 20, 2020 at 9:05 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

Thank you all for responding to my forum post!! I hope it gets implemented.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close