Home Forums Parafolk Family Tree Tool

• Family Tree Tool

greyphoenix updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago 7 Members · 7 Posts
  • Amazing_Star

Seasoned Hubkin
    August 7, 2019 at 10:09 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Family trees are important part for some players who like to create a generations. Of course, you can make complicated trees during your gameplay, but wouldn’t be cool to create family trees in creation tool?

How would this tool work?

You would open a special chart for family tree and by simple clicking you would be able to add relatives – With diversity of relations, you would be able to add to your parafolk aunts, great-grandparent, ex-wifes (husbands), adoptive family and even second cousins. You would be able to design all of these members of your family. Adding members with family tree tool wouldn’t add them to active household, but to special box , from where you could then move them somewhere to the city.

You would be also able to choose status of family members. For example, you could create a widow with three kids and father would show up in family tree but dead. Or you can create parafolks who don’t know who their parents are. (They would show up in family tree as question marks and you could even try to look for them)

With this tool you would be even able to set relationship bar – distant family members might now know each other very well, some kids can have great relationship with their aunts, or some kids could even have estranged father. So much possibilites.

Feel free to add anything, if you have any idea or if you want to correct my english 😀 🙂

8+
  • Ashes

August 8, 2019 at 12:22 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

We do know he would like to have a family tree system, eventually, but it isn’t confirmed yet. I’d say I like the idea of it being in-depths, but I don’t know how hard it would be to code and implement 🙂

3+
  • Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    August 8, 2019 at 3:33 pm
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I agree with Ashes, I’m also very excited for A family tree but I wouldn’t mind if it is not achievable yet : )

• xrystal

August 9, 2019 at 4:51 am
     Hub Points

As a genealogist, this idea is brilliant.

Maybe even implement a simple genetics system into this with X number of genes that help build the traits and wants and desires of the individual .. to have these genes passed down to the children in a similar but simpler way to our genetics could mean that an artist could pass their creative flair down the chain of descendants so that they are naturally tended towards creativity aspect of their lives rather than physical etc.

It may be complex enough to be an expansion to the game at a later date for the scientists amongst us to add more complexity to the game.

9+
  • rbolton

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 11, 2019 at 10:52 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points
    quote Xrystal post_id=476 time=1565326319 user_id=463:

As a genealogist, this idea is brilliant.

Maybe even implement a simple genetics system into this with X number of genes that help build the traits and wants and desires of the individual .. to have these genes passed down to the children in a similar but simpler way to our genetics could mean that an artist could pass their creative flair down the chain of descendants so that they are naturally tended towards creativity aspect of their lives rather than physical etc.

It may be complex enough to be an expansion to the game at a later date for the scientists amongst us to add more complexity to the game.

I don’t think this should be an expansion. Since it’s heavily tied to the main focus of life simulation games – family and relationships – it’s not enough to warrant an expansion pack IMO, but I understand since it’s pretty complex. Maybe add it to the game in a free patch a short while after launch, if it need some time to be worked on.

5+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    August 22, 2019 at 9:24 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I would love an in-game family tree. If it could include cousins, in-laws, step-family, adopted children, etc, it would be even better.

7+
  • greyphoenix

June 14, 2020 at 6:40 am
     Hub Points

I would love to see a feature like this in game. Family trees are super important to me and how I play life simulation games. Having a tool like this would be a dream come true.

4+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close