The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Family Ties and Family Tree

• Family Ties and Family Tree

• Unesty

Seasoned Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 8:29 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

One thing I love in a simulation game is playing with generations and creating complex familial relationships. Having Uncles, aunts, cousins, second cousins, nieces etc. I would like to see all of these and more defined in the game. Like when I go to a family tree and hover over the related paras it doesn’t just say family but also defines the relationship.
    Also I am from Turkey and Turkish has so many words for familial relationships. I would like to see Paralives in Turkish, would totally translate the game to Turkish for free, btw. I mention this because in Turkish you don”t just say aunt to every sister your parents have. Mother’s sister and father’s sister has their unique titles. Same with father’s brother and mother’s brother. Father and mother’s mothers are named differently. There is a unique word for your wife’s sister, if you’re 2 women married to 2 brothers, there is a word for that and more than I can say here without boring you.
    My point is I would like to see more defined familial relationships. I wonder what you guys think and how this is in your languages?

9+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 9:44 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Definitely! We don’t have any complex family tree labels, but I think it would be great for the translations to not only include the words, but also the cultures. Then things such as family labels which don’t exist in English could exist for their languages.
    Either way, I really want a working family tree!

6+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 10:26 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I don’t speak Korean.. but I do know that there are different terms for Matereal and Paterneal sides

2+
  • Unesty

Seasoned Hubkin
    February 7, 2020 at 10:44 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6856]Then things such as family labels which don’t exist in English could exist for their languages.

[/quote]

I really loved that idea!

1+
  • YoDigit

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 8, 2020 at 7:56 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I’m here for this idea!

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018