The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Everyday Social interactions and Behaviors

• Everyday Social interactions and Behaviors

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 8, 2020 at 7:23 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

<div>What type of animations or behaviors would everyone like to see between other paras? As far how they interact with other out in town/venues, with other paras (family and friends), when they leave for work or when they get home from work etc.

Greetings: kisses cheek depending on personality type, hugging, bro hand shake, smile, a wave

Behaviors:
    In the mornings some paras could walk sleepily/sluggish like but would perk up after a few hours or they could just be perky morning paras.
    Looking around when sitting down at their environment when in the city
    Fidgeting randomly depending on personality trait.
    Female paras could check their reflection a lot in a hand mirror if self-observed/stuck up.
    Sighing and becoming bored depending on their environment.
    Humming songs (when there’s no music).
    Be able to help and ask other paras to help with dinner.
    Be able to hand paras objects (a book, or cup of water/coffee/tea, etc.).
    Paras can ask each other for favors
    Sneaking in and out of windows at night past curfew
    Paras helping each other fix food when asked and paras serve food in bed (and eat)
    Maybe if windows are left open they can take things from people’s counters or be handed items</div><div>

NPC and Paras daily behaviors in world

Paras talking on phones while walking dogs

If paras are sick they can blow their nose in a fake simulated tissue or cough in arms

Paras holding hands while walking together; paras being able to jog side by side if working out together

Paras walking and texting at same time; hear paras argue over phone; paras walking and drinking beverages (water,coffee,etc.)

Paras bending down to pick up something they dropped or pick up items on ground

Paras can throw their phones on the ground, resulting in it breaking, if they’re angry then mutter as they walk away

If paras are rude or mean they can bump into other paras when walking, then the para who was bumped into can either remain calm or fuss at them.

</div>

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 14, 2020 at 9:42 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Those are some good ideas. It would be be very realistic if it was possible to make these behaviors unique to certain Paras. Some Paras do things that others don’t. As you mentioned Cakeefeatured, based on personality, but also the way they were raised or influenced by other Paras.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 14, 2020 at 11:01 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6588]Those are some good ideas. It would be be very realistic if it was possible to make these behaviors unique to certain Paras. Some Paras do things that others don’t. As you mentioned Cakeefeatured, based on personality, but also the way they were raised or influenced by other Paras.

[/quote]

Yes I agree. I hope paras can be and are influenced by others (family and friends) and take on their behaviors some how in some way when they’re around them a lot. I hope personality traits becomes a feature for creating paras because although sliders or point system (like sims 2) are nice I want specific traits that have different outcomes on their personalities and lives.

• MeeshoSoup

January 24, 2020 at 9:16 am
     Hub Points

More family and friend interactions and activities would be fun.

-Game night, Move night, Outings to the park, date nights for couples
    -Parafolks teens and children can come home from school and show their parents their reports based on their grades
    -Parafolk parents can read their children bedtime stories/tuck parafolk children or teens in.
    -More consequences such as sneaking out, cheating on significant other, lying: being caught by the police or parents or siblings finding out (affecting their relationship)
    -Sickness in-game such as flu when seasons change: coughing, sneezing, sniffling
    -cliques for parafolk

• KadZuks

Rising Hubkin
    February 4, 2020 at 9:03 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I have a very odd suggestion but here it goes –

Funerals

Death is a big deal in the Sims but funerals are not…I think a somber occasion to remember the parafolk that died would be a good opportunity to bring some together, tear others apart, and to properly mourn.

Maybe they even return and join the wake as a ghost. Maybe there’s a reading of the will. Maybe there’s secrets that they left behind and wrote in a letter for others to find…idk just some ideas.

I also think a Death Day celebration would be cool especially if ghosts were a life state. To be fair I myself am not Hispanic but I don’t think this is an inappropriate cultural appropriation but an appreciation of a cultural celebration (with a paralives twist). Just some ideas.

Grim Reaper is synonymous with the sims. Maybe, just maybe…there could be a white light for the good place and dark void for the bad place depending on how your para lived their life. That way it isn’t explicitly religious.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    February 4, 2020 at 10:31 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Kadzuks, I definitely like the idea of funerals. I think it should be acknowledged and family and friends should come and grieve together; unless their relationship was not good, then they can jump for joy. I love the reading of the will. Some can even be upset/jealous if they don’t get what they think they deserve.

• Zack The Great

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 13, 2020 at 7:27 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I’m really excited about the possibility of parafolk having more interactions and quirky animations, especially as a foundation for mods for people who want to really go outside Alex’s scope and add all kinds of specific character traits.

In Sims 4 they tried to idle based animations on what emotion your sim had at the time which is ok but I’d really like for it to be based on personality more heavily (not completely, I still want a sad parafolk to be sad.)

That being said, I totally want a male-presenting parafolk to check their reflection a lot, like a Narcissus in the flesh. That would be fun to play LOL.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now