The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Open World Easy Switch Household Shortcut In-Game

• Easy Switch Household Shortcut In-Game

bailey updated 1 year, 7 months ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 2:16 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Hi so this idea might be crazy and maybe impossible but here goes:

So you’re playing one family and you see one of your neighbours walking by and decide you would rather be playing them. Or maybe they’re a second family of yours (currently out of your control) and you don’t like what they’re doing (they must be stopped!). So you shift+click (or some similar) on the parafolk in question and choose an option to switch to their household. I can’t see this happening without a loading screen, but now you’ve quickly and easily toggled control to a different household without having to exit through menus and without having lost any in-game time/progress. Alternatively you could shift+click the parafolk’s place of residence.

Does anyone like this idea? Is it possible?

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 2:51 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I do like the idea of this, but yeah, doing it without the loading screen would probably be hard. Though, it’s not impossible! ?‍♀️

• bujomomo

Parafolk
    April 14, 2020 at 2:59 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

i honestly wouldn’t mind a loading screen for something like this. i just would rather have a more interactive one like the sims 3’s loading screen (you can collect points and will disburse across the household). but if Alex & the others could implement this, that’d be great :3

• sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 3:53 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8057]i honestly wouldn’t mind a loading screen for something like this.

[/quote]

Me neither! I wasn’t really clear, but I’m expecting that a loading screen would be necessary, and I don’t think it would bother me. If you think about it this is ONE loading screen rather than more to navigate through the main menus in order to switch households manually, which is in itself disruptive. Really hope the team considers this idea!

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 5:30 am
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

imo. it would be a nice addition to the game however, i think it’s probably hard to develop and it would probably leave a heavy toll on the game’s performance 🙂

• Calarand

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 6:42 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Brilliant idea and I totally wouldn’t mind a loading screen there. I used to cheat/glitch for such game behavior in the Sims 4 and it was really amazing when it worked. Such mechanic would give player more freedom in doing exactly what they want, without dragging them through a series of menus and killing the flow, so to speak.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 14, 2020 at 2:33 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

An easy way to switch households would be nice. I don’t think a loading screen would be an issue if that’s what it takes to do this.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now