The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Dynamic Neighborhoods & NPC’s

• Dynamic Neighborhoods & NPC’s

bailey updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • skyler

Rising Hubkin
    August 8, 2019 at 6:47 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I would absolutely love for this open world to feel alive! It’s so much more immersive than having NPC’s doing nothing until they are interacted with.
    Let me explain! To have dynamic neighborhoods & smarter non-player characters, it would have:

Local Neighborhood:
    People mowing lawns, raking leaves or shoveling snow
    Mailmen delivering mail and packages, people at home accepting them
    Children playing in the yards or street, like playing catch, tag or Frisbee
    An elderly neighbor rocking in their chair and shaking their cane at the children
    In the morning, school buses picking up children

The Shopping District:
    People carrying shopping bags, walking in pairs or with their family
    People paying for their items at the check-out counter
    People eating at a Food Court or drinking coffee/tea at a cafe

A Bustling City:

Businessmen and women in suits carrying briefcases
    Eccentrics sleeping on benches or playing instruments for tips
    People lined up, buying from food trucks
    People in exercise clothing Jogging, even in pairs

Entertainment:

Dance clubs with DJ’s and actual crowds of people dancing
    Restaurants with actual people eating, plus waiters bringing food and leaving checks
    Grocery stores that have people with shopping carts full of food and maybe a child in the cart
    Parks filled with people fishing, having picnics, children playing on equipment

Each NPC could have a scheduled activity so you’d recognize faces that are around town about the same time.
    Please post anymore ideas you may have! If Paralives had this it would be the best game ever made!

10+
  • skyler

Rising Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 11:16 pm
     Hub Points

I also wanted to add for Local Neighborhood: People trimming hedges or doing lawn work specifically on Saturdays.

1+
  • skyler

Rising Hubkin
    May 17, 2020 at 6:51 pm
     Hub Points

I forgot for Local Neighborhood: Repairmen! (Cable guy, Handymen, Plumber etc.) coming to fix your neighbor’s homes.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 17, 2020 at 7:19 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Yes, yes, yes! This is something that would totally make the game for me. I seriously hope we’ll have very lively townsfolk.

More than anything, I want neighborhoods to feel like actual neighborhoods. Seeing people mowing their lawns, kids playing outside, adults grilling in the backyard, babies taken out in strollers, people walking their dogs, picnics in the park, etc would make the town feel alive.

Like imagine if it snows in a neighborhood full of kids; it would be amazing for them to all run outside, start snowball fights, do things like making snowmen and snow angels, running over to their friends to play, and so on.

Or for holidays, people could be seen in stores shopping for holiday food/decorations, then at home you could see them decorating. Holiday festivals people could attend.

I understand that this would be a lot to program, so of course I don’t expect to see it all in the initial release, but if eventually we could have lots of activities npcs can perform to make the town super lively, it would be so great.

6+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close