The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Discord Ideas: Day-Night Cycle / Careers / Clothing / Micromanagement / Children

• Discord Ideas: Day-Night Cycle / Careers / Clothing / Micromanagement / Children

Nwhipple updated 1 year, 2 months ago 7 Members · 7 Posts
  • elsy

July 18, 2019 at 10:44 pm
     Hub Points

Hello! This is elsy from the Discord server. These ideas are gathered at 15:30 PST from the discord server. These are from different users on Discord and if credit is important, then I will comb through and find the contributors if need-be.

Day/Night cycle:

Days and nights should be longer to accommodate doing chores and going to work/school without having to rush. Time management is a headache in Sims 4 for example, time goes by extremely quickly and Sims get stuck doing things that prevent them from going to work/school and have no foresight into scheduling.

Careers:
    Being able to follow the Paras to their careers would be fun. A compromise was proposed: some careers and locations would be visible, whereas others would not. For example, following a para into a hospital or to school whereas a para with a career like construction or lawyer, because of the lack of activity, would be simply done as rabbit holes. In addition, following the paras to school would be really sweet, however, having 30-40 models on screen would be a bit much. Perhaps making the rooms adjacent blacked out until you click on them to reduce lag would help?

Micromanagement:
    Someone proposed the idea of groceries and having to go out for grocery runs. Rather than making it mandatory to stock groceries every week which can get annoying quickly, grocery shopping is needed for gourmet meals rather than simple ones (lobster vs eggs and ham). I mentioned it in the day/night cycle section, but, being able to schedule when things happen and having foresight to your para’s activities would be nice. At the same time, some players prefer a living-in-the-moment feel to their gameplay.

Environment & teenagers:
    It was proposed before for sure, but environment should effect teenagers. In Sims 4: Parenting, the parents had 100% control of how their teenagers turned out. Teenagers perhaps could be easily influenced by their friend group. In addition to a reputation system, there would be chances of, depending on the para’s personality traits, things happening (ie. a noncommittal para would autonomously cheat, a farming/botanist para would plant flowers on his/her own)–a para child could get into the rowdy crowd at school and over time, if not focused on, the player loses control of said para. Of course, this might not even be feasible, but it’s worth a shot to propose!

Clothing:
    Someone sent this picture of a low-poly woman made by u/Pontypants on reddit:

The idea is that the further you zoom out, the lower the poly count. It is only when you zoom very close is when you can see specific details like facial expressions, shading on clothes, hairstyles. So, when zoomed out, a para with long hair would have a simple oval or rectangle shape, but upon zooming closer there is a more fleshed out shape to her clothes. This is so that there isn’t as much lag when zoomed out in an open-world but also keeping the simple & fresh aesthetic.

2+
  • alegria

July 19, 2019 at 3:28 pm
     Hub Points

The lag-free ideas are so cool. I kinda love the simple style now

2+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 19, 2019 at 7:26 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Definite yes to longer days and nights. Time in the sims goes by way too fast for my tastes. It would be great to have a way to choose how quickly your time goes by if possible, but I’d understand if there’s not.

For careers, though I personally prefer the rabbitholes, I don’t mind an option to also follow them to work to please the players who enjoy that.

Again, a yes to grocery shopping. I’d love to see the options to go out shopping for more food and supplies, maybe even new furniture for the home.

1+
  • elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 19, 2019 at 8:28 pm
     Hub Points

day feels so fast and night feels so slow in sims! i really hope we get a faster night cycle and slower day cycle

2+
  • kliekie

Paraling
    July 20, 2019 at 1:21 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

Yes for the longer days! I hate it when sims need 2 hours to eat (especially when they combine eating with other activities) or need 30 minutes to get to the other side of their house >_<;

2+
  • parahope

July 24, 2019 at 12:32 am
     Hub Points

Actually, I’d love the lawyer to be an open world career! Imagine being a lawyer and having to choose to take on a client based on what you’d like to work with. Imagine having a court date set up, and you have to raise your characters logic and have an understanding of your clients case in order to help them get off.

You’d choose options to speak about in the court-room, maybe some cases take longer and your character goes home and if they are a workaholic, have the option to work from home and do more research into cases and talk to witnesses or whatever the case may be for the job.

Imagine having the goal where your character is in a courtroom you have the goal to try and get your client off the hook. You can choose to approach things aggressively or calmly and depending, it would be helpful or hurtful. And if you do win the case, you get extra bonus money and maybe even reputation raised as a great lawyer, or if you lose, some rep is lost and your character gets a sad moodlet or something like that.

2+
  • Nwhipple

Paraling
    August 16, 2019 at 1:25 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Can there also be fame and fortune?

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report