The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Dialogue Format

• Dialogue Format

• kirabook

Noteworthy Newcomer
    February 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

So, today I brought up how much I dislike radical menus and how overpopulated they become as new content is added. I also added how i disliked how I needed to click on interactions multiple times “Tell a joke” “Tell a joke” “Tell a joke” “Tell a joke” “Tell a joke” repeatedly to get friendly with another character. So, my brain started thinking of a new way for interactions between paras to work.

This idea comes from a mod for Sims 3 that I cannot live without. It adds a “Socialize” option to your menu. Under socialize, you have “Friendly”, “Romantic”, “Funny”, and “Mean.” When you use this menu, instead of manually queuing up a bunch of social interactions, the sim will automatically queue social interactions that fit under whatever category you choose. If you choose friendly, they will roll through all the friendly options without having to do it yourself.

I think this is an interesting formula. Below I have an example scenario.

Let’s say when socializing with a Para, you can choose to be “Friendly.” Under “Friendly”, there is “Get to know”, “Joke around”, or “Chat”.

If you select “Get to know”, your para will start going through a list of questions about the para (and vice versa) so that you can get to know them. Not just their favorite color and their favorite music, but if they’re in a relationship, how old they are, what’s their job, etc etc. As you learn these things, new questions pop up. “You have a job? What is your job?”, “You’re in a relationship? Who is your partner?”

This not only provides a huge list of things you can learn about other paras, but it takes away the stress and annoyance of going through pages and pages of a radical menu and queuing them up one by one. The Para will do it themselves.

BUT, if you want to manually ask something, you can too.

This same system would be applied to “Chat” and “Joke around”. Suddenly, your paras have something they can actually chat about, and you can specifically chat with other paras about specific topics if you want. Suddenly, your para’s jokes can be on certain topics. It’s more in depth without making it overwhelming.

Below is a modified screenshot of Sims 3 and the mod I spoke about. I added our idea of how this new system would work. So in a gameplay scenario, you would click on another para and choose “Be friendly”. Then, you’d have a bunch of options under friendly to choose from. If you wanted to change the category mid interaction, you can do that too and maybe switch to romantic. It would all work the same.

As for the design, anyone have some design ideas? The Sims 3 isn’t exactly pretty even though I find the concept quite nice. I just want to get away from the radical menu. Not only could it set Paralives apart from the Sims, but it would definitely eliminate the overwhelming radical menus.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/597465912525848625/680922706643910682/unknown.png

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    February 24, 2020 at 9:01 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I remember using that mod and it was very helpful. It gets very tedious after a while to click on the same things over and over again.

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 25, 2020 at 12:18 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like this idea, It seems like it could save a lot of effort, especially when you have multiple Paras to take care of.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    March 10, 2020 at 3:14 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I agree i think there should be an option for less equals more? this is an idea i just thought of, maybe for main conversations topics there could sub-catogories for the conversation to kind of flow by? So instead of maybe clicking multiple or the same interactions. They can just choose from the sub-catergories that would cover all the basics that you’d otherwise normally click individually, and you’d eventually find out the information throughout paras convos. Each conversation would be new and not repeated if this is possible (for this option). But then there would also be the option to click each individual question within the sub-group.

Idle chit chat.
    which would cover questions like: How are you? What did you do today? How’s work? How’s your family/partner/spouse? What are you doing later/ for the weekend/holidays etc.?

Casual catch up
    Would be stories about other paras or nieghbors, gossiping/rumors, letting other paras know what’s new in your life, job, spouse/bf or gf etc. talk about movies and books they recently read and finished, what new hobby they’ve taken up etc.

Deep conversations
    Where you talk in-depth about things that bother you, things that worry you,likes, interests, favorites, controversial things, secrets/confessions (i think confessions would be cool between friends,family, and even strangers) and the para could give advice or maybe feel weirded out by it and stop talking to the para making up an excuse to leave and if the next time a para tries to talk about it dependin on the reaction they could say they dont want to talk about it. Paras talk about childhood and memories etc.

Romantic conversations
    would be obviously flirtatious lol, asking about marriage,and other dating related questions.

• PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    March 12, 2020 at 5:45 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

One slightly unrelated thing to add to this; I like how in the Sims 3 you have to learn the other person’s unique personality traits over time. It’s also kind of difficult (I mean… how many of us know everything about all of our friends, let alone aquantances. Or vice-versa) That said, the parafolk should be able to learn this stuff on their own when you are concertrating on/playing a different parafolk. I hate how in TS3, you have to have your Sim who is conversing active or they won’t learn new traits!!! That’s a bug if I’ve ever heard of one, and it always bothered me.

• Breedmond

Moderator March 12, 2020 at 6:47 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7196]One slightly unrelated thing to add to this; I like how in the Sims 3 you have to learn the other person’s unique personality traits over time. It’s also kind of difficult (I mean… how many of us know everything about all of our friends, let alone aquantances. Or vice-versa) That said, the parafolk should be able to learn this stuff on their own when you are concertrating on/playing a different parafolk. I hate how in TS3, you have to have your Sim who is conversing active or they won’t learn new traits!!! That’s a bug if I’ve ever heard of one, and it always bothered me.

[/quote]

I agree, it would make the game more realistic. But it should not be just one interaction, like the “Get to Know” option. By having conversations, doing activities together, experiencing events together they can get to know more about one another. Traits, preferences, quirks etc

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    March 13, 2020 at 8:57 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like this idea. Also, it would be nice if, once learned, they could remember it always. I think it was TS3 that my sim had to introduce himself to his parents and learn their traits again if they hadn’t spoken for a while (1 sims week?).

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now