Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums General Discussion Dev-Addressed Features List

• Dev-Addressed Features List

• luseda1

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 16, 2019 at 1:37 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Hello everyone! Alex Masse has answered quite a few questions regarding features that will or won’t be in the game, and I thought it would be helpful to gather them all together on one thread. If you want to ask a question about whether the game will have a feature, or make a suggestion for a feature, you can check here first to see if that question has already been addressed. Convenient, no?

Also, because I might get busy, feel free to use this thread to post any features that are addressed yourself, and I’ll try to add them to the list here eventually. I just request that you report it as accurately as you can (for example, don’t report something as a hard no if the dev said “probably not”) and provide sources where possible. Also, for patrons, please don’t spoil patron-only content in this thread: that will be added when and if it’s released to the public.

Finally, for those who wish to help, there are three sections: the Quotes gallery, the Links Gallery, and the Media Gallery. The Links Gallery is for text posts that can be linked to directly, such as on Twitter or Reddit. The Media Gallery is for official videos and images only, not user-taken screenshots at this time. The contents of user-taken screenshots belong in the Quotes Gallery, which is for text posts that can’t be linked to directly, such as on Discord.

List in progress

Quotes Gallery
    Contains quotes from the dev, as well as the questions they were replies to sometimes, when context is needed. All are marked with where the quote came from, so you can look it up and verify if you wish. Most entries here will be from Discord, where you can’t really link to specific posts. If you see two player posts with an “OR” in between, that means I am unsure which player the dev was answering, so I have included more than one possibility just in case.

Graphics and Art Style

“The graphics will stay in the same style because making it realistic would require A LOT of work. Paralives is an indie game so the focus is on the gameplay instead” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Category

“This is good art feedback, thank you! Breath of the Wild and Spider-Verse are both incredible masterpiece. I’m really inspired by them but as much as I would like to, it will never reach their level of details. The low poly style and simple textures will help produce objects faster since the team will be small. That being said, adding details with normal maps is a very good idea and it’s something I’ll certainly experiment with! As for animation, keeping one frame on two served them well in Spider-Verse but in the context of the game, animations are key frame based so it won’t really save time to cut 1/2 of the frames since animations are interpolated between key frames. But it could create an interesting effect, yes!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

Supernatural/Occult Gameplay

“Wed: Have you ever considered creature/occult packs or updates, like one creature at a time for those of us who play with supernatural Sims?
    Alex Masse: Yes! But it’s not the focus for the initial release, would be great for updates after launch” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“When there will be supernatural gameplay (most likely after release), it will always be optional” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Character Creator Category

“Lisa: I mean will the grim Reaperbe coming?
    OR
    Jeremia_Lecato: You know, every ghosts should have random colors (Red, orange, yellow, yellow green, cyan, blue, purple, hot pink, brown, black, gray, and white).
    Alex Masse: Not sure yet, but probably not, I’m trying different things!” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“Focusing on the realistic side for the initial release but really interested in adding (optional) unrealistic elements after release” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

Pets

“Birds are cool, maybe at some point” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“Luseda1: I presume dogs and cats will be free-roaming
    Alex Masse: I’d like it if you could take a walk with your dog
    Cats should roam freely and dogs too, but on the home lot only, most of the time” Paralives Discord, Simulation Category

Game Modes

“About multiplayer mode, no plan for it at the moment. Focusing on the singleplayer!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“I’m focusing on the singleplayer experience for now since the dev team will be small 🙂 Multiplayer modes are a lot of work” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

Post-Release Content
    “Can’t confirm that yet but I can say that after release, most of the new features and content will come out in free updates” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Category

“I can’t confirm the game will never have any DLCs but the plan is to have very few of them and instead add new features and content via free updates” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off Topic Category

Transportation

“There’s a selection of small car-sized boats and you can build bigger house boats from scratch!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Category

Game Performance and Platforms

“paavohtl: I think he said previously it’s using the new Unity ECS? Which means it should work quite effectively on CPUs with lots of cores
    Alex Masse: Yes, that’s correct!” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Ohh thanks so much everyone! It runs on Windows 7” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Hi! No plan for consoles at the moment” Alex Massee, Paralives Discord, Portugues Category

Hobbies

“Cubic: Have they ever done water parks in a sims game? that would be fun
    Alex Masse: That would be something nice to add at some point!” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“@Yukaizer Keeping clothes as memories would be nice!
    @JoshChavana Would love to add a lot of instruments but they are a lot of work since you have to integrate a lot of musical pieces for each. Maybe new instruments could be added slowly in updates” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

Character Creation

“Luseda1: Have you decided how genetics will work in terms of eye, hair and skin color yet?
    Alex Masse: For now it’s a basic mix of the two parents” Paralives Discord, Character Creator Category

“Bump96: Do you have any info your ready to share about what character gameplay will look like?
    Alex Masse: No 🙂 I’m preparing a reveal trailer” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“Simtroverted: Saw someone on Twitter suggest “Trait Intensity” and I like it. Maybe you want a kelptopmaniac character, but you want them to steal A LOT and get very strong negative emotional reactions when they fail or can’t steal. Or a flirty character, but just a little bit.
    Alex Masse: Yes, it’s an interesting idea. It would help tuning personnalities!” Paralives Discord, Character Creator Category

Create a Style
    “Zerbu: Will there be full Create a Style with patterns or is it just colours?
    Alex Masse: Yes, you can change patterns and textures” Paralives Discord, Character Creator Category

“For objects, clothes, hair and skin tones, there will be presets to make it easier but also a full color wheel for advanced customization” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Character Creator Category

“JoelP: Will color and texture customization be available in both character customization and build mode or only in build mode?
    Alex Masse: It will be available in both the character creator and in build mode” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off Topic Category

Languages
    “xXviiXx: will the game support italian?
    Alex Masse: Yes” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Can’t confirm anything yet but the more language we have in the game, the better” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Planning on translating the game in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Chinese. Might add more 🙂 Thanks to everyone who offered help with translations, I’ll probably need help when I get there!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Ih there’s demand for a language, we’ll certainly work on adding it” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Yes, it will be in Portuguese!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Portugues Category

Build Mode

“fcowplant: Can you also place windows at curved walls?
    Alex Masse: Yes, if the curve is not too intense!” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“The window mesh will curve to fit the curve of the wall 🙂 Unless it’s a very steep curve in which case you won’t be able to place it” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“Curved pools and walls are confirmed!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“I was thinking: if you hold shift before dragging, it moves the object on the vertical axis, otherwise it moves it on the floor plane. If it’s a wall object, it’s relative to the wall plane, of course” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“CyberDesigner01: On that topic, I have a slight suggestion. Setting the grid’s size would be really cool.
    So it’s not always a 4×4(?) grid type, and it could help with being more specific on the object’s placement.
    Alex Masse: 🙂 Yes, that might be useful in some cases, I might do something like this!
    CyberDesigner01: I’m glad to hear. Will that possibly include minor things, like resizing?
    Alex Masse: A grid when resizing objects? Yes, there will be an optional one for that too!” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“ресетразума: there’s an interesting thing that Sims 4 does with one of the objects in Strangerville pack
    it scales the moving part while moving and scaling the UV map of it so that the illusion of movement is retained while the actual part never moves outside of the object
    Alex Masse: Ahah, that’s a cool way to do it!
    ресетразума: I suppose with your current style, you would not even need to move the UV map if it’s a simple, one material door
    so it’s just a matter of scaling the object.
    Alex Masse: Right! But you can customize textures on windows, doors and objects. So it’s a trick I could use” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“ресетразума: however the thing you have in mind seems interesting as well
    something like japanese sliding doors oooohhh
    Alex Masse: Yeah, something that slides into the wall” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“Jeremia_Lecato: Could there be double doors?
    Alex Masse: Yes!
    Jeremia_Lecato: And sliding doors? I love sliding doors!
    Alex Masse: Not at the moment but I’d like them” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“Vents on the floor are just for people who want to add extra realism to their home, they don’t do anything at the moment :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe we could have features related to it at some point!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“My goal is to be able to resize beds like windows!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“I’m still working on the bookshelf resize feature but it’s gonna be pretty flexible” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Bunk beds are really cool, I can’t confirm them yet but would like to have them!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

Miscellaneous Gameplay Features
    “Lisa: Hello. how will the characters die?
    Alex Masse: Many ways 🙂 Old age being the main one” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“soyoruchi: (Will there be a culling system?)
    Alex Masse: Hoping it won’t be necessary” Paralives Discord, Simulation Category

“⭒ ᵏ̶ ʸ̶ ᵃ̶ ʳ̶ ᵒ̶ ᵘ̶ ⭒: i’d like to be able to keep doors/windows open
    Alex Masse: Yes, me too! It’s on my list!” Paralives Discord, Build Tools Category

“TavoKošmaras: How would pals (I think I will start the characters) would solve out the conflict when traffic is endured in places?
    Alex Masse: I’m thinking wait a bit and if it’s really too long (rare case), they might go and clip through someone else to avoid jams” Paralives Discord, Simulation Category

“Luseda1: also on the subject of pathfinding and how it relates to pets: so I’ve seen you can have interesting angles on the walls. Is a situation like this possible? the pet squeezes into somewhere the sim can’t reach?
    Alex Masse: That’s the kind of things I’m working on and testing. I’m trying to balance simplicity (faster) vs complexity (harder and longer to implement)” Paralives Discord, Simulation Category

“Lisa: Can I ask you, please Will schools and careers be open?
    Alex Masse: Can’t confirm this yet but I would love it” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Can’t confirm the height slider yet 🙂
    If procedural animations end up working well, I think gradual aging might be possible. Experimenting with it at the moment. But don’t get your hopes too high on this” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“I’m currently experimenting with a procedural animation system to save time. For example, two adults hugging vs an adult hugging a child would be two different animations normally but I’m thinking on a system that would adjust some frames of the pose to different heights” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“I was thinking of going with really short english (or translated) sentences and images in thought bubbles.” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Because I’m “just one guy”, can’t create a whole gibberish language” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“TavoKošmaras: Just have them speak through thought bubbles with diversive icons depicting conceots
    Alex Masse: Yes, exactly what I meant, thought bubbles, or a few words, nothing too detailed.” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Owning multiple lots is something I’m interested in adding to the game but can’t confirm at the moment” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Jeremia_Lecato: I would like to see a lot of members in this household! Big massive family reunion is the best!!
    Alex Masse: Yes, exactly 🙂 I’m optimizing the game to support lots of lots (lol) and big houses” Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

Miscellaneous Non-Gameplay Details

“JP: Have you thought about a colour theme/ brand yet?
    Alex Masse: For the logo and stuff? Yes! Working on it” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“I may add new Patreon tiers or add more benefits to existing tiers. Why?” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

On the subject of what the people in the game should be called: “I like pals” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Most likely “T for Teens”!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“I can confirm that it won’t be out this year” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

Worlds

“There’s an existing world and you can add lots 🙂 A tool to create your own world might come out after release!” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“Alex Masse: Procedurally generating worlds would be awesome but a lot of work to get right and interesting” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, General Ideas Category

“Paralives will have different little towns to play in (Most likely one at release and more to come after). Each town will contain many lots for homes as well as parks, shops and venues
    Also, yes, open world means there’s no loading screen if you want to visit another building ” Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

“Devil: so are lots predetermined or is it like place a house where you want
    Alex Masse: There are lots but you can create new ones and choose the size” Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

3+
  • luseda1

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 16, 2019 at 1:38 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Media Gallery
    Here we have official screenshots and videos that aren’t patron-exclusive and are from the game’s development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk
    Build Tools: Curved Walls and Split-Level
    Features what it says in the title, as well as gridless room placement, diagonal walls at different angles from 45 degrees, guidelines to help with curved wall placement, a beach, sloping terrain, a car, lounge chairs, a tire swing that blows in the wind, free rotation, a pergola and stair placement on a curved section of floor.

4+
  • luseda1

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 16, 2019 at 1:39 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Links Gallery

Here you’ll find links to specific dev posts, along with a summary of what they’re saying when possible. Feel free to contest my summaries if you feel I’ve misinterpreted something.

https://www.paralives.com/
    The Official Paralives Website Homepage

This page has several blurbs at the bottom, confirming some features and giving the player an idea of the focus of the game. They’re short, so I highly recommend reading through these.

https://www.paralives.com/faq
    The Official Paralives Website FAQ

Do read this; it has answers to quite a few questions that I’ve seen. It is an FAQ (frequently asked questions), after all. It touches on pricing, release info, platforms, system requirements, whether it will be single or multiplayer, whether it will support CC and/or mods, and more.

https://www.paralives.com/press-kit
    The Official Paralives Website Press Kit

This mostly contains information that can be found elsewhere, but it could be worth a look in case it contains something you missed

https://www.patreon.com/alexmasse/overview
    The Official Paralives Patreon

This is where you can go if you want to support the game monetarily, and also get a little bit of information about it and the dev’s background. If you become a patron, you’ll also have access to extra content here.

3+
  • luseda1

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 16, 2019 at 1:39 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Res

You may now post

• Paralives Hub (JP)

Administrator
    July 16, 2019 at 7:43 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

This is super useful, sticked. Welcome! ?

• Zoë

July 17, 2019 at 1:39 pm
     Hub Points

I am absolutely blown away! Thank you for gathering all of that information, the game looks fantastic. Go Paralives!!!

1+
  • principleofentropy

July 20, 2019 at 9:14 pm
     Hub Points

Thanks for taking the time to put all this together, it’s incredibly helpful.

1+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    November 24, 2019 at 10:27 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This is a very good post and I do hope you eventually update it as there is a new wiki article that shows all the confirmed features and since this is becoming outdated, it would suck to see it become obsolete, thank you for everything.

https://paraliveshub.com/wiki/confirmed-features/

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close