The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Deaths & Public Opinions

• Deaths & Public Opinions

Unesty updated 1 year, 8 months ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 2, 2020 at 10:21 pm
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

In the announcement it was stated that there will be deaths other than dying from old age. What if people start complaining about the deaths? Are they going to be watered down so it almost never happens? This also goes for other aspects people may not like asking for ____ to be watered down or adjusted so whatever is occurring doesn’t occur as often. How are you going to respond? What are you going to do when this happens?

Commuities get attached to their characters I understand that you’ve spent a lot of time into making them and you get attached to your character. Then the unexpected events occurs, how do you feel about this? Reload the save and go on with your gaming session?Do you get mad and create a rant via the forums begging to have what you feel is an issue to be fixed? Ride out the unexpected events out? Or just go with the flow because it put an interesting twist to what you had already planned?

This is an important aspect for me personally. I like when unexpected events happen while playing simulator games. When you think about it it’s not that big of a problem if your paras die because you can reload your game and avoid whatever interaction you just did. But I also understand where other players are coming from when they don’t want anything bad to happen in their game.

• Breedmond

Moderator April 3, 2020 at 12:22 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

In my opinion death should be part of the game as Paralives is a life simulation game. Death is part of life. Some people may not want to see their favorite Para die, you are right about that. But I am sure that there would be options to reverse this. For example, like you mentioned, not save the game.

Alex and his team listen to community feedback, but it is impossible to please everyone. There are many aspects of games that people don’t like, but people just have to play as they see fit and use the options available to eliminate/change parts they don’t like.

• GamerGirlForever

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 3, 2020 at 2:09 am
    Friendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Hmm. Maybe there should be an option to enable or disable random events that might cause a death, so the possibility of Parafolks dying from unforeseen events would be user-controlled.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 3, 2020 at 2:56 am
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

@gamergirlforever I really like the toggle idea

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 3, 2020 at 9:25 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I like random unexpected deaths as it makes for more interesting gameplay, but I would also like the option to bring them back to life: begging grim, rare flower/special dish, etc. I don’t really like exiting the game without saving because some other things may have happened that I want to “keep”.

• JP

Admin April 3, 2020 at 10:37 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Could be an interesting poll to post on the forums. ^_^

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 3, 2020 at 7:10 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7403]Could be an interesting poll to post on the forums. ^_^

[/quote]

I’d participate.

• Unesty

Pro Hubkin
    April 7, 2020 at 9:54 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I think the best way to handle it making this random events an on/off option. I myself like random stuff happening because it makes the game more exiting over long periods of playing. Everyone dying of old age gets kinda bring after a while. Specially when you’re playing for generations.

But i also have another gameplay style which I prefer it when things stay static. In this scenerio, my para don’t age, she just parties and lives her life with friends. In this type of gameplay I prefer the random death stuff to be toggled off.

But providing both of these options can be tough in one game. Second type of playing also gets boring after a while if there aren’t new content to try out. So some random options there would be helpful also.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Unesty.
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now