The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Dating,Dates, and Relationships

• Dating,Dates, and Relationships

cakeefeatured updated 1 year, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Posts
  • lalarose

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 26, 2019 at 9:06 am
     Hub Points

I’m not sure if anyone else on here has mentioned this on here or not, if so I hope I’m not parroting 😛

I was thinking about the many relationships that teens,young adults,adults,and elders should have that I’ve not really seen happen in sims (sorry only thing I can relate to) but when you are liking someone and you flirt with them you after a while become liked by them, but it also leaves a restrictive barrier around those two alone. Because if one sim ends up flirting with another sim they get jealous or sad sometimes if caught. Which is normal and not to say they should all be unemotional or just not care if that happens, but it’d be nice to be able to have some paras not care and casually date without this happening. Because i think itd help in situations when teen paras (and other age groups) are in high school and they like many people and haven’t really found the one they wanna call their girlfriend or boyfriend yet. So they’re just talking/hanging out. Including making dates more interactive and romantic relationship a bit longer to play through.

Casual Dating
    Paras could have multiple people they date and multiple relationships without being attached to just one person, but there’s the possibility to go further with numerous paras if they want to lead into a romantic relationship. Which could lead to the jealousy and crying and depression etc. phase that most sims go through after being heartbroken. Because they took it to another level so there could be a pop up saying “try a relationship with so and so para? Yes or No?”. I was thinking maybe there could be some sort of path in the social interaction section of romance or even just clicking on your active para. Where you could choose in-game called ‘casual dating’ and it would mark these people as people who are available but its harder for them to branch out into a serious relationship and are only looking to date. So if two paras are flirting and they’re on a date the meters would take a little longer to fill up with that one para, verses if a para did not have that ‘casual dating’ marker on them, because they’re just trying to get to know people.

There could also be levels of multiple relationships/casual dating as well as more titles of relationships

Flirtations-Flirting?
    I was also thinking flirtations from afar could be a romantic action. Paras could flirt from afar with another para across the room by clicking on them. Maybe the females can do a little shy wave or if she’s bold she can do a wink and hair flip or sassy walk if she walks up to the guy. Males could do a casual/cool wave, lock eyes on that person and the two parties would get a happy moodlet from it, they could go up to the para and ask if they could buy them a drink (this works for females too) and a popup would allow you to accept or decline the gesture.
    Flirtations can lead to adding strangers to your para’s personal contact list.
    Two paras can flirt by whispering to each other if they’re sitting down side by side or standing next to each other.
    Shy paras could blush if another para flirts with them from afar but could smile and blush at other paras to flirt with other paras.

Romantic relationships
    Having a timeline per para dated/relationship/marriage but there would text be highlights that happened during the relationship, like memories for paras in a way. So they would remember when they first kissed that person, had a crush,liked them,fell in love,etc. and there could be a duration for how long the relationship lasted. I think in story progression it’d be interesting to look back on the timelines to see how their dating patterns are/were.

Another idea i had was if two paras dated and they broke up but were in love with each other when they dated or just broke up with that person for a negative reason, they could get a moodlet reflecting how they feel towards that para when they’re around or talk to them.

Dates
    I was thinking dates would be more interactive and fun and there could be the following actions/interactions:
    Buy coffee for date/buy food for date
    Discuss hobbies/likes/dislikes
    Discuss dating life
    Discuss career
    Get to know
    Be rude
    Complain
    Grab hand/caress hand
    Be romantic
    Act nice
    Tell joke
    Ask to Dance/slow dance
    Take selfie
    Tell funny story
    Confess left wallet (you wont be charged when buying things it;ll come out of the other dates funds)
    Flirt
    Ask personal questions
    Resume date elsewhere (they can extend the date to multiple locations and would be prompted to set destination for 2 more locations)
    End date

The list can go on but those are just some ideas I had. If anyone has any ideas to add drop them below 🙂

1+
  • Ece

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 29, 2019 at 7:10 pm
     Hub Points

I think all characters are need to have an Ideal Type! And when the characters sees her/him Ideal Type in a lot starts to have feeling for him/her Ideal Type. I think It will be cool If game can have an attraction like this. Sorry for my bad English. I hope you will consider my ideas.

2+
  • lalarose

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 29, 2019 at 7:13 pm
     Hub Points

Yes! I agree I wrote an idea down about this in the parabook I’ll post it up here as updated ? and please feel free to add more ideas to it! ?

1+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    August 30, 2019 at 6:44 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Text events in relationships in Paralives : Like partners could ask questions or do something and you answer yes or no agree or disagree with what was done. (For realism)

Every time you para meets someone new they would just be added to a list of people they know but not to their phone’s contact list.

Give good or bad relationship advice, encourage relationships, discourage relationships or give concern, encourage para to breakup with partner, influence relationship (positive and negative),

Maybe an option to set up paras together like blind date, but the active para chooses a location in town then chooses two people to meet at the same location and find out they’re on a blind date.

Group dates or double dates

Table interaction for couples
    Hold hands while eating or talking
    Caress hand
    Play footsie
    Hint to leave restaurant
    Hint to go jiggly pow (equivalent to sims woohoo)
    Send loving gaze
    Feed each other
    Steal food from plate
    Throw drink on para
    Caress face
    Draw closer
    Propose to para
    Kiss
    Kiss hand

The actions above can cause paras to stay in these positions as the romance builds/progresses. Most would be for sitting across from each other or sitting side by side.

• NHFoodie

Moderator September 13, 2019 at 1:18 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

Something I’ve always wanted and thought was missing from other similar games was your romantic partner taking substantial actions in the relationship, such as proposing marriage, or even breaking up with you. I don’t always want to have to take control of every character to tell a story. Having both positive and negative chance events adds so much more realism!

2+
    • Emily

Noteworthy Newcomer
      September 15, 2019 at 8:40 am
      Friendship Badge
       Hub Points

[quote quote=5000]Something I’ve always wanted and thought was missing from other similar games was your romantic partner taking substantial actions in the relationship, such as proposing marriage, or even breaking up with you. I don’t always want to have to take control of every character to tell a story. Having both positive and negative chance events adds so much more realism!

[/quote]
      Agree with Kali- in sims if I want the other person to propose I have to add them to my household and it really ruins my immersion. I would love it if another para could ask your para out, propose, ask they have a child, or suggest they break up. Maybe make them chance cards?

1+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      September 15, 2019 at 10:56 pm
       Hub Points

[quote quote=5022]

Something I’ve always wanted and thought was missing from other similar games was your romantic partner taking substantial actions in the relationship, such as proposing marriage, or even breaking up with you. I don’t always want to have to take control of every character to tell a story. Having both positive and negative chance events adds so much more realism!

Agree with Kali- in sims if I want the other person to propose I have to add them to my household and it really ruins my immersion. I would love it if another para could ask your para out, propose, ask they have a child, or suggest they break up. Maybe make them chance cards?

[/quote]

Same! That was a downside in sims. They need more free will to do things besides go to work,come over,call,ask to hangout. But to decide things in the game when communicating and building relationships even with making friends. Paras asking others out on dates and asking to be an official couple from the other party instead of having to be the one controlling every initiation.

Like maybe when paras get married the engaged couple could have a conversation (but really like a text box that pops up) asking when should we have the wedding, and it could allow you to pick a season then once the time comes for that season another text box would come up asking how many days until the wedding ranging from 1-40 days (depending on how many days are in a season). Options to postpone wedding and so forth. Itd be nice if they don’t even agree all the time on the date of wedding,wedding party,guests invited haha. Tt’d be really cute ? I think thats where every paras personalities would be more dynamic for gameplay as well , if this is even possible at all.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      September 15, 2019 at 9:16 pm
       Hub Points

Same! That was a downside in sims. They need more free will to do things besides go to work,come over,call,ask to hangout. But to decide things in the game when communicating and building relationships even with making friends. Paras asking others out on dates and asking to be an official couple from the other party instead of having to be the one controlling every initiation.

Like maybe when paras get married the engaged couple could have a conversation (but really like a text box that pops up) asking when should we have the wedding, and it could allow you to pick a season then once the time comes for that season another text box would come up asking how many days until the wedding ranging from 1-40 days (depending on how many days are in a season). Options to postpone wedding and so forth. Itd be nice if they don’t even agree all the time on the date of wedding,wedding party,guests invited haha. Tt’d be really cute 🙂 I think thats where every paras personalities would be more dynamic for gameplay as well , if this is even possible at all.

1+
  • Fiona

November 3, 2019 at 11:31 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5031]

Like maybe when paras get married the engaged couple could have a conversation (but really like a text box that pops up) asking when should we have the wedding, and it could allow you to pick a season then once the time comes for that season another text box would come up asking how many days until the wedding ranging from 1-40 days (depending on how many days are in a season). Options to postpone wedding and so forth. Itd be nice if they don’t even agree all the time on the date of wedding,wedding party,guests invited haha. Tt’d be really cute ? I think thats where every paras personalities would be more dynamic for gameplay as well , if this is even possible at all.[/quote]

I would prefer if both season and day were set at the same time. That’s how actual weddings are planned after all.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close