The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Customisable Hair

• Customisable Hair

Jay updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • duskexx

September 5, 2019 at 6:29 am
     Hub Points

This was an idea suggested in the discord, and I’m recording it here!

So basically, instead of having to choose individual hairstyles, it was suggested that we could customize the hair in 3 or 4 parts: texture, length, style, accessories.

The first section, texture, would be whether the Para’s hair is very curly or very straight. There are a few ways this could be implemented, a slider would be cool but a lot of work. I think that having 4 or 5 different options would be enough: straight, light waves, waves, curly, super curly. Something along those lines.

Then, from there you can choose the length. Again, a slider would be cool but probably not very viable. I think that buzzed, short, bob, shoulder-length, long and extra-long would be more than enough. You could also choose bangs from here – probably only 2 or three (blunt, side-swept).

The styling options would obviously be how you style it. At launch, options would probably be very limited, but more could be added in updates. Some basic styles could be ponytail, braids, single braid, bun, and half-up half-down. I’m not familiar with the terms used to style short hair, but just having a couple of options for the short length – I don’t think you could do much with the buzzed length lol.

Accessories would be everything you put on top – like bows and scrunchies. You could also choose hairpins to pin bangs back with. Pretty self-explanatory.

Some extra things that are unrealistic but fun to imagine:
    -being able to shave sections of hair, like those ones with long hair but one side shaved (in-game?)
    -being able to have patterns in the shaved parts of hair (in-game)
    -being able to choose which side braids/ponytails/loose hair falls on
    -being able to choose the thickness of hair
    -being able to choose how messy the hair is, especially for the bun and braids
    -being able to style hair in-game e.g straighten curly hair and curl straight hair
    -being able to choose the parting

I know this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be a lot more fun and would give more options than the Sims. I don’t know if it was just me, but I hated how the different hairstyles weren’t consistent, and if you wanted a formal hairstyle you’d have to completely change the cut and bangs. Also, sorry if I missed anything!

• NHFoodie

Moderator September 13, 2019 at 1:50 am
    Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

These are great ideas! It think it would be great if paras could also do simple hairstyles rather than putting on what amounts to a different wig. Those with long hair could be able to use a mirror to make a ponytail or gel their bangs, etc.

• Jay

September 24, 2019 at 6:04 pm
       Hub Points

It would be cool if there was a lot of curly and wavy hair for the characters. I just feel like in the Sims they don’t have a lot

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now