The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Custom Pose Maker and Background Selector for DAP and Steam Workshop

• Custom Pose Maker and Background Selector for DAP and Steam Workshop

crabwhatalad updated 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    November 26, 2019 at 5:14 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

So this idea, is where essentially you can make poses and backgrounds (or just set pre-made ones) in DAP (Design-A-Para), so for example if you wanted a specific pose but you know the sims, there are just some boring old generic poses that look weird and awkward, and a bland white background. Boring right? There is nothing different, it all looks the same, everything looks less appealing, and that is because Presentation is important.

I could see something where you use the rig of the Para to pose it, so you can for example click on the thigh bone and now the thigh can be moved and rotated, I believe it should be R for rotation and the left click button at default to move them, of course if Key-binds were a thing then it could be adjusted to what-ever you want.

This would allow you to make lots of poses, this could be helpful for presentation for parafolk on the steam workshop and while you are using DAP so you can have more convienence or just simply have the para in a nice pose.

Being able to have props for a pose would be cool, like being able to spawn in a prop phone or a prop soda for example, as it would make the poses more lively and nice looking.

For backgrounds it can either be a custom image (.jpg or .png, maybe .gif) or some pre-made ones, it would be cool because people like having backgrounds so it just is nicer to look at while making their parafolk, but it is also good for presentation on the steam workshop, maybe before it is sent to the workshop you can also have the ability to put text and to crop the screen of the DAP essentially to properly composite the image and to have a title on the picture for it. (This way now you won’t have to use third-party software to make them unless you please to do so.)

I believe this would be a good quality of life mechanic to have for some good reasons, and it is a feature that simmers like to have, that is why the Poser is a popular mod on the Sims 4.

I hope you agree that this is a good idea, and thank you very much.

• This discussion was modified 11 months ago by  gamedomino.
    5+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    November 26, 2019 at 2:53 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I think it would be great to be place Para’s in the world somewhere while they’re being designed would be great! If that’s too much to ask, even like being able to change the lighting would be an improvement on the Sims.

3+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    December 26, 2019 at 7:36 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would love this so much! I’ve always wanted something like this!

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close