The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion cultural question?

• cultural question?

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 11, 2020 at 10:50 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I’m wondering about something. I know that Alex wants to include culture into his Paralives. But yet there’s a certain clothing item that people consider religious when really its cultural? So how can Paralives balance a cultural item without even accidentally including religion?

• This discussion was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  MagaCarter.
    3+
  • Breedmond

Moderator January 12, 2020 at 1:15 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

We cannot know how Alex would deal with this, but a possibility would be for it to be the same as in The Sims. Some clothing that you can choose for your Sim to wear is worn by people from a specific religion IRL. But it doesn’t mean anything in the Sims. No religious activity occurs when they wear this. It does not change the way the act, it just serves to enrich players ‘ story telling.

4+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 12, 2020 at 1:35 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6534]We cannot know how Alex would deal with this, but a possibility would be for it to be the same as in The Sims. Some clothing that you can choose for your Sim to wear is worn by people from a specific religion IRL. But it doesn’t mean anything in the Sims. No religious activity occurs when they wear this. It does not change the way the act, it just serves to enrich players ‘ story telling.

[/quote]

I know that it doesn’t change the way it acts-only enricher players’ stories – It just when EA announced it was going to include hijabs people went ballistic arguing it was religious and people like me were saying it wasn’t religious. I even got banned for a couple of days from the forum for counter-arguing about it not being religious

1+
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    January 12, 2020 at 2:24 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

[quote quote=6534]We cannot know how Alex would deal with this, but a possibility would be for it to be the same as in The Sims. Some clothing that you can choose for your Sim to wear is worn by people from a specific religion IRL. But it doesn’t mean anything in the Sims. No religious activity occurs when they wear this. It does not change the way the act, it just serves to enrich players ‘ story telling.

[/quote]

I think this is probably the best way to handle it 🙂

3+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    January 12, 2020 at 10:26 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I just hope there’s an option to not have it available for random. I’m not just talking about religious/cultural items, but wedding veils, hats, certain outfits, etc.

2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close