The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Crime events and Negative personality traits Brainstorming

• Crime events and Negative personality traits Brainstorming

cakeefeatured updated 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Posts
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    June 28, 2020 at 5:21 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

So I know we want dynamic and complex personalities but what about the mischief and bad side of paras, we know they won’t all have positive traits and the open world won’t be a complete utopia lol.

But what do you all think about negative traits and criminal activity being a part of the open world?

What kind of crime would you want to see in the open world, in paras personalities? Would crime happen directly or indirectly (as in you won’t see it but hear about it)? Can paras be witnesses to crime and call authorities? More smaller crimes like taking mail from others mail boxes or more serious like stealing? Would victims be at random or be able to choose when to do them? Since the rating of the game is T for teen, How PG 13 would everyone like it to be?

What kind of negative behavior or bad attitudes could paras have? Should they act this way towards everyone or should it be limited to strangers only? Would they act nicer to friends and family? If we have personalities that change based on actions as Roxanne had mentioned, how difficult should it be for a para with a bad personality to change their ways?

My thoughts on crime affects paras and the open world:

Crimes and bad behavior can affect other paras either as a community or just their family and friends. If paras do bad behavior and others find out they end up gossiping about it to others.

Paras can feel disappointment, anger, upset at others they know who do crimes. They can confront them about it, report them to others or authorities, and talk to them about it, forgive them or not forgive them. with that being said the one who did crimes or bad behavior to others can ask for forgiveness and be forgiven or not be forgiven.

When children and teens get in trouble or does something bad one parent can tell the other parent about it and they all can sit down with the child/teen to discuss it and assign discipline if needed.

Crime ideas

Shoplifting from grocery stores and other stores

Forgery maybe relatives can use others names to get loans or credit cards

Larceny

Leaving stores and restaurants without paying

Stealing on the job, stealing things from others homes, being able to steal money from others (if wallets,backpacks, and purses are a thing and can hold funds in it as well as inventory that’d be another way),

Pandhandling; para pretends to be poor to get money, can stand on streets with cups and signs and ask for change when they’re not poor.

Ponzi schemes (think door to doo salesmen and cold calls asking for donations and also asking for donations in exchange for a reward for contributions )

Robbery of cars and homes

Consequences:

Can be fired

Can be required to pay a fine (sued)

Can be arrested and sued

Can be arrested and won’t appear in the game’s active household for a period of time/certain amount of days

Can be taken to court to plead case (if courtrooms and lawyers are a thing)

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    July 1, 2020 at 3:29 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

just to point out there should be some panhandling that should be legal.

I know of one way a manager could steal sort of ‘on the job’ if they have a key to the store is to come back after the store is closed and take stuff and either sell it to someone else, or does who know what with it. A way a manager could maybe- steal from a resturant is lets say the restaurant is closed once week, but the bad manager could be pretending to be the owner to their friends and open it up and pass it off on the co-workers/underlings as “charity brunch”

big cheeses could embezzled money

CEOs could do tax evasion

Fraud (like the above embezzled money, or wage theft, or the call-a-senior-and-pretend-to-be-their-grandchild scheme or pretending to be the tax company)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  MagaCarter.
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    July 1, 2020 at 3:39 am
     Hub Points

Omg thank you for mentioning these I totally forgot about embezzlement and tax evasions.

Yeah I had the same thought in mind for stealing on the job rather it be the boss of the employee who just so happens to have a key, and even steal products from the job as well not just money

• Issabella

Seasoned Hubkin
    July 13, 2020 at 5:47 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I like these ideas but I don’t want it to be too frequent in my game. It should be very subtle.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      July 18, 2020 at 12:28 am
       Hub Points

Yes of course it should definitely have an option for player to choose frequency, what if it was on a percentage scale of 0% 25% 50% 100% ? Or have it 0-100 ?

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    July 13, 2020 at 12:00 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I like this idea a lot!

I also think it would be cool to be able to customise crime rates in the create a word tool after launch. Then you could have some extremely quiet worlds and some with big crime problems. This could also be fun if a para was in the police career. If they worked in a super quiet neighbourhood not much would ever happen, but if they were in a big city with lots of crime, they would always be busy and have lots of work to do! This could also work for paras in criminal careers, and if your para started stealing, and other paras joined in it could push the crime rate up! This is quite complicated but I think it would be super fun.

I do think there should be an option to turn crime off, or reduce the frequency of it though as not everyone likes to play like this.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      July 15, 2020 at 1:16 am
       Hub Points

I like this idea and being able to have a setting to turn on or off certain simulated situations. Just like how we had setting in sims for how we want NPCs to behave with story progression. We should definitely have it for thing like crime, NPCs, life chance cards, etc.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now