The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Crime & Getting Arrested

• Crime & Getting Arrested

• lostwanderers

Parafolk
    August 9, 2019 at 6:18 am
     Hub Points

Now, I know the game won’t be going to any extremes…(Alex is leaving that to the mod makers 😉 )

BUT!

A little crime would be nice to have in-game every now and then. It gives our evil Parafolk something fun to do!

Here’s what I’m thinking:

• Break-ins & Burglaries: Everyone loves robbers in the Sims, so why not bring that into Paralives, along with the ability to be a thief ourselves! A criminal career track possibly? 😈
    • Shoplifting: Oh, our beloved kleptomaniacs! If a character has a certain trait, career, or so on, perhaps they could have an option to steal items from the businesses/stores they visit. The result could be good or bad. If they get caught, they could get banned from the place for a set period of time. If they try it again and get caught…..who knows?
    • Getting Arrested: So, jail might be a little far fetched…..though maybe it’s not! Imagine your character spending a day in jail for starting a fight in public. Or kicking over too many of the neighbor’s trash cans. Now what if they spend a few days in jail for shoplifting and/or burglarizing…..NOW what if a Parafolk in the family gets locked up for an extended period of time for getting caught doing dastardly deed too many times! There’s a way to make it fun, and not punish the player for exploring the dark side. 😈 😈 😈

Who’s with me on this?

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    August 9, 2019 at 4:23 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

This is probably gonna sound corny, but as someone who has been robbed, I really would rather all aspect of stealing to be optional. It’s not something fun or funny for me to think about so, I think things like that should be up to the player to choose, rather than being forced on everyone.

So if Alex decided to add crimes, I very very much hope it will be an optional thing so players can choose if they want it or not.

• lostwanderers

Parafolk
    August 9, 2019 at 6:35 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Bailey post_id=498 time=1565367800 user_id=164:

This is probably gonna sound corny, but as someone who has been robbed, I really would rather all aspect of stealing to be optional. It’s not something fun or funny for me to think about so, I think things like that should be up to the player to choose, rather than being forced on everyone.

So if Alex decided to add crimes, I very very much hope it will be an optional thing so players can choose if they want it or not.

I totally get that. It’s just that I remember how the robber encounters in the sims 2 worked, and how that would bring in an element of……the unexpected, I guess? It was just a feature I liked, and having a burglar alarm would stop them in their tracts. But, I understand how that may trigger certain bad experiences for some people.

I just like the idea of not everything being so “sunshine and perfect” like it is in the Sims. We’re not talking about anything too rough or Consequences of some sort can bring an element of chance and thrill to the game. And we haven’t seen a really fleshed out criminal career track in a life sim yet. Even in the Sims, there’s not much yield you get from the criminal career track.

If it’s gonna be rated Teen, you might as well find an approachable way to have fun with it.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    August 10, 2019 at 8:01 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points
    quote _lostwanderers_ post_id=508 time=1565375706 user_id=458:

I totally get that. It’s just that I remember how the robber encounters in the sims 2 worked, and how that would bring in an element of……the unexpected, I guess? It was just a feature I liked, and having a burglar alarm would stop them in their tracts. But, I understand how that may trigger certain bad experiences for some people.

I just like the idea of not everything being so “sunshine and perfect” like it is in the Sims. We’re not talking about anything too rough or Consequences of some sort can bring an element of chance and thrill to the game. And we haven’t seen a really fleshed out criminal career track in a life sim yet. Even in the Sims, there’s not much yield you get from the criminal career track.

If it’s gonna be rated Teen, you might as well find an approachable way to have fun with it.

I understand that desire to have unexpected things happening and for the world to not been perfect and free of troubles. And I agree, those are things many feel should be present in a life simulator. For me, I can just think of so many other ways to have negative consequences that don’t involve stealing, theft, or crimes inflicted on my characters.

That’s why I believe a great middle ground would be for it to be something that can definitely be avoided completely if the player does not want it. Whether that be a burglar alarm like you said, or an option in settings to just prevent burglaries all together.

• MaisQueVerPensar

September 28, 2019 at 12:25 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3463]Now, I know the game won’t be going to any extremes…(Alex is leaving that to the mod makers ? )

BUT!

A little crime would be nice to have in-game every now and then. It gives our evil Parafolk something fun to do!

Here’s what I’m thinking:

• Break-ins & Burglaries: Everyone loves robbers in the Sims, so why not bring that into Paralives, along with the ability to be a thief ourselves! A criminal career track possibly? ?
    • Shoplifting: Oh, our beloved kleptomaniacs! If a character has a certain trait, career, or so on, perhaps they could have an option to steal items from the businesses/stores they visit. The result could be good or bad. If they get caught, they could get banned from the place for a set period of time. If they try it again and get caught…..who knows?
    • Getting Arrested: So, jail might be a little far fetched…..though maybe it’s not! Imagine your character spending a day in jail for starting a fight in public. Or kicking over too many of the neighbor’s trash cans. Now what if they spend a few days in jail for shoplifting and/or burglarizing…..NOW what if a Parafolk in the family gets locked up for an extended period of time for getting caught doing dastardly deed too many times! There’s a way to make it fun, and not punish the player for exploring the dark side. ? ? ?

Who’s with me on this?

[/quote]

I never saw a vehicle being robbed on TS3. Another good ideas would be illegal protests (which can be changeable in-game for the mayor, be it you or a NPC).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Ashes.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Ashes. Reason: -I edited because some stuff would be a no-no, against our rules
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now