Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas create your own trait

• create your own trait

Paralives Hub (JP) updated 12 months ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • shao

July 16, 2019 at 11:53 am
     Hub Points

very rough idea as of current but on discord we were discussing how traits would work and the possibility of having a mix between point/slider traits as is on sims 2, and picking traits as is on sims 3/4

mod creators have made custom traits for sims 3/4 in which they pick what their character is impacted by or their mannerisms

without the complexity of modding game files, ideally the game would allow players to create a trait from scratch by picking the name, what the trait entails in terms of likes, dislikes, autonomous actions, and impact on needs, with drop down menus for each

if you were to remake the slob trait, a menu allows the player to pick bathing/showering as an action to disable autonomous use for the character, and the hygiene need would deplete at a rate faster for those with the trait

is this within the realm of possibility? appreciate any feedback or building upon the idea

3+
  • rando-gamer

July 16, 2019 at 11:58 am
     Hub Points

I feel like with the trait creation it should come with a few things: a negative effect, a positive effect, how food would impact it, and how other sims would react to it. I also think there should be a randomize button so if you can’t think of one, the game would make one, and you would be able to pick yes or no. Just an idea on how I think it would work if it were my game and how to make the person of your dreams!!

• shao

July 16, 2019 at 12:03 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Rando Gamer” post_id=29 time=1563278313 user_id=62:

I feel like with the trait creation it should come with a few things: a negative effect, a positive effect

this is a huge part of it

traits like charismatic, friendly, handy, natural chef and others were great but they literally had no negatives to them and it made them a little bland

if i had it my way friendly in sims 3 would’ve had stuff from good where they’re upset by evil people, charismatic would’ve merged with social butterfly to have social need depleted faster

balance is good

• atheistcanuck

July 18, 2019 at 11:10 pm
     Hub Points

And like “natural chef” could dislike cheap food and want to always eat fancy food.

But that’s not the point of this thread, I do like the idea of built in tools to make it easy to make custom traits. Great idea!

• Paralives Hub (JP)

Administrator
    July 18, 2019 at 11:50 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

I think create-a-trait would be an awesome feature!

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close