The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion Constructive Criticism

• Constructive Criticism

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    July 24, 2020 at 8:38 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Hello everyone! I love Paralives, but sometimes I feel like there are a couple of things that can be made even better! I decided to make this forum not to hate on the decisions made by the incredibly talented and hardworking dev team but to give them suggestions on to what works and what doesn’t work so well. Could I just ask everyone to be polite here, as the devs are on our side and want to make the game as good as possible! Kindness goes a lot further than just plan hate, and I want the community to stay as positive as possible! I know sometimes the devs check paralives hub so if any of them come across this I hope it’s useful!

I have a couple of suggestions myself as I will put underneath this!

7+
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    July 24, 2020 at 8:38 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Some people really don’t like the parafolk design very much. I actually really love it, however I’ve spotted its one major flaw. I think it’s how the eyes bulge out to much to create this kind of “fish eye” look. I saw this on one of the comments on Sebastian’s reveal patreon post and I immediately realised that was what was letting it down for me. It’s just makes both Maggie and Sebastian look to similar and it’s just not appealing to the eye! Some people aren’t a fan of the 2D look but I actually think it’s beautiful. The bulge in the eyes honestly looks out of place, and I think it should lie a lot flatter to tie together with the aesthetic well. Honestly that’s my main issue with Paralives so far and I think that’s honestly pretty good going if that’s one of the only things!

The other is the current UI. I just don’t think it’s very clear or user friendly, and I honestly preferred the grey design and the one from the Maggie reveal. I know this is a work in progress though so I’m sure it will improve throughout development!

1+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    July 24, 2020 at 6:40 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I agree I’m not too fond of the eyes being so large myself, so I hope the eyes and pupils sizes can be changed in the para maker.

1+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    July 25, 2020 at 8:46 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’m just a little bit disappointed with the graphics. I expected something more like these (cc) as far as skin, eyes and hair – still cartoony but better looking IMHO:

2+
    • Soml

Pro Hubkin
      July 26, 2020 at 7:06 am
      Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
       Hub Points

Well it was mentioned on wiki that their Paralives’s visual was inspired by “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.” 🤔

2+
    • amandac

Star Hubkin
      July 26, 2020 at 11:39 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

I don’t read the wiki (thanks for sharing that) and I don’t know that game so I looked it up and I have to say, I’m a little less excited about the game. For me, it’s all about the characters and their interactions (not so much about building). I understand the game is still in development so hopefully they will improve on the characters.

3+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      July 27, 2020 at 8:51 pm
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

i think some are surprised by the 2D appearances of it not being as dimensional, which is understandable, but we will get cc as time goes on for those who want it changed for a more 3D look.

1+
    • NHFoodie

Moderator September 1, 2020 at 3:21 pm
      Loyalty BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation Badge
       Hub Points

I was surprised at first, but I think it’s just an aesthetic choice which will continue to evolve and improve over time. Their build and buy items have certainly become higher quality (imo) as we’ve gone along. My own expectation that it would be more 3D was based purely on experience with other games but I’ve warmed up to the totally different look!

4+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close