The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Clothing Design Ideas Megathread

• Clothing Design Ideas Megathread

Tini96 updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago 19 Members · 26 Posts
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    January 21, 2020 at 5:37 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Hey everyone, I wanted to make this forum post because the developers already are making the parafolk (in-fact, it has been said that they were working on the male faces) and know what they are going to look like (Meaning it isn’t as viable to send art-style photos anymore) and they want to know what clothing you guys would like to see in Paralives, please respond with any clothing ideas you would like so it can be forwarded to the developers and they can consider it.

I would make some ideas of my own but I also am not the most imaginative when it comes to clothing by itself and I want to see how the community is towards these ideas.

It doesn’t have to be real world ideas, as Roxane, a Full-Time 3D Artist for Paralives has said herself that she wanted some fantasy items in too like headwear along with real world ones.

Can’t wait to see the replies if I get any, thank you for reading.

UPDATE: The New “Maggie’s Loft” video came out!

Super exciting, which is why I wanted to revive this thread! Now that the parafolk are actually shown, a parafolk reveal is more likely to come in the future!

This means that these clothing suggestions are EVEN MORE important right now!

Please comment any ideas you have! 🙂

• This discussion was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Paralives Hub (JP).
    • This discussion was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Paralives Hub (JP).
    • This discussion was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  gamedomino. Reason: New Paralives Video! Maggie's Loft, also reviving the thread because this is more important than it was before
    9+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 21, 2020 at 6:04 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

dresses with sleeves

down-to-the-ground skirts

5+
  • Omen

January 21, 2020 at 6:31 pm
     Hub Points

Hi,

I would love to see many modern clothing designs.

For jeans/pants: skinny jeans, bootcut jeans, acid-washed jeans, jeans with cuts/holes in the them, joggers, Chinos, dress pants, sweatpants, athletic pants like yoga pants. Things that you would see on people nowadays.

For shoes: work boots, dress boots, lots of different styles of sneakers like converse, vans, Nike’s, adidas, etc. sandals, high heels, platform heels, slip on shoes, loafers, but definitely lots of different styles of sneakers.

For shirts: your classic tees with some designs, v-necks, button up shirts both dressy and casual. Different styles of sweaters, hoodies and zip ups. Vests of varying types, both dressy and puffy for outdoorsy stuff. Long sleeves both v-neck and crew neck. Baseball tees. Coats for work environments. Again, preferably, all very modern in style.

A variety of long sleeve/short sleeve dresses for casual occasions and dress occasions.

I would like to see clothing for all types of weathers, clothing to match different life stages, and clothing that people might actually wear on a daily basis. I would also like to see all clothing styles be gender neutral.

These are just some of my thoughts, there are really good styles online if you type in things like business casual, everyday outfits, business outfits, formal outfits. There is so much there that pops up that can be used as a good base model.

13+
  • Jo.

January 22, 2020 at 1:50 am
     Hub Points

In general it would be wonderful if all the clothes were unisex. It’s hard to find that in games & it’s nice when I can make characters that look like me.

6+
  • thatsimmerfreak

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 22, 2020 at 9:28 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Some stuff that immediately come from the top of my head.

– Hoodies with options like rolling up sleeves, have them unzipped, and put the hood up.
    – Boiler suits with an option to fold them down into pants. Also an option to roll-up the sleeves and legs while we’re at it.
    – A decent selection of sneakers and skate shoes are a must. I’m a sucker for urban clothing.
    – Hiking boots too.
    – Neck-ties as accessories.

I’m sure I’ve got more ideas but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

5+
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    January 22, 2020 at 8:06 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

crowns/tiaras
    fanstay clothing (cloaks/hoods)

4+
  • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 23, 2020 at 1:05 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Different types of hats: snap backs, bowler hats, fedora, newsboy, beret, slouchy beanies

More shoe options, especially for guys

4+
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    January 23, 2020 at 10:19 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’m not a hat person in real life (unless it’s really cold) or in-game, but it would be nice to have different wedding veils (not available for random).

Definitely different types of shoes: high heels, flats, sneakers, etc.

5+
  • MeeshoSoup

January 24, 2020 at 8:55 am
     Hub Points

Hi! Things like altering the design of preset clothing items would be awesome in-game. For example, choosing colors, length, specific designs like rips in jeans, changing a striped shirt into polka dots or just simply changing the material of a jean skirt into corduroy would be cool.

3+
  • Shiki

Paraling
    January 29, 2020 at 11:31 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to have a variety of clothes from different countrys and cultures
    And I love to have alternative fashion in the game which is more unuasual to make parafolks individual and fun to play
    like:Punk,Emo,Gothic,Cyberpunkt,Steampunk,Visual-Kei,Harajuku,Kawaii,Vintage,etc etc.
    I like different styles in generally like cute or sexy!
    I like short plaited skirts with a blouse or shirt tucked in and many combined clothes, like over the blouse would be a jacket and scarf in different colour and patterns avaiable. A lot of accesoires! There are many possibilities to add accesoires to clothes to absolutely complete the look with neclaces,bracelets and maybe unordinary accessoires. I think clothes and accesoires can be very important on their appearence to make them individual !
    I am a fan of fashion and creative and also sometimes unordinary or alternative fashion. It has such a huge potential. Maybe you could look for inspirations also on real clothes?
    But also, you should not just focus on real ones. They might even made out of pure fantasy. Clothes can make you look mysterious.
    Also there are also clothes depending for what event (like swimming,dinner,etc)
    Also there is a huge variety for ages. Medieval clothes which are today still used. Like cloaks and such stuff.
    Clothes can also look very natural ( like of many natural materials as wool,leather,etc) Also reminds me of the fashion Mori Kei ( A japanese fashion style translated to Forest Style made out of cozy layers ,soft fabrics, green- creamy-pastel colored,etc)
    Makes it sometimes also look a bit medieval looking because of the nature-inspired look which also uses often actual natural fabrics.
    Some other stuff like in Punk-Scene could look ripped or made out of leather in many colours. Since Punk is always black combined with multi-colours (depending what kind of punkt)
    Other examples would be any kind of pastel clothes (like kawaii, pastel goth) made out of different materials like soft fabrics as wool or silk, or plastic-alike
    Cyberpunk is mostly inspired to be future-looking with bright colours and sci-fi stuff.
    So, whatever you do, there are many possibilities out there o_ô
    I would love to be able to make my Parafolk either sexy-looking,cute,mysterious,dark or whatever. Romantic in a wine-red dress with roses

7+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    February 13, 2020 at 10:01 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Hey everyone I just wanted to bump this forum post because this entire thread has been featured by a Paratuber!

Feel free to make anymore ideas, and also to look at the video.

P.S. she starts to talk about things that were on the thread at around 09:04

4+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    April 15, 2020 at 4:01 pm
     Hub Points

BUMP! This megathread is now more important now due to our first glimpse of seeing parafolk in the new Paralives: Maggie’s Loft video.

3+
  • Poke_Mamas2

April 15, 2020 at 7:42 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I would like to see some loose sweaters, like those comfortable and loose ones that may hang over one shoulder. I love the lazy look of them.

3+
  • reilly

Pro Hubkin
    April 16, 2020 at 1:13 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeDiamond EggFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

definitely oversized shirts and sweatshirts! i would love for sweatshirts to drop down to mid-thigh for a comfy outfit!

3+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 16, 2020 at 6:15 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

A few things completely unrelated to one another:

I mostly wear black T-shirts with prints that reference things I like; concerts, festivals, Harry Potter (I don’t have a Sims shirt but I do have a plumbob hoodie and necklace). I would like there to be shirts that reference in game brands or parody irl brands.

Ugg boots! For wearing in the house – or out of the house, depending on what kind of person your para is.

This, for steampunk stuff:

Image from recolor.me, headpiece art created by user Lucy.
    Image from recolor.me, headpiece art created by user Lucy.

2+
  • Tigerlilly

April 17, 2020 at 5:43 pm
     Hub Points

Something that I desperately want in a game like this is clothes from specific decades because my favourite part of these games are creating the characters. And almost all of my custom content is clothes from different eras and I don’t know how many this idea would appeal to but in an ideal world for me these would be included:

1920s: ridiculously sparkly flapper dresses, short curly haired up-dos, suave suits, suspenders, pearls, makeup with heart shaped lips and dark eyes like silent film stars, think great gatsby.
    1940s: pin-up girl fashion, rosie the riveter hair and bandanas.
    1950s: basically everyone looks like they came straight out of Grease.
    1960s: hippies, go-go boots, mod fashion, mini skirts/dresses, long hair with a curl at the bottom, round sunglasses.
    1970s: flared jeans/trousers, sequins, brightly coloured suits, everyone looking like they’re in an abba tribute band.
    1980s: punk/rocker clothes, torn fishnets, BIG hair, obnoxious makeup choices, shoulder pads, the workout clothes from this decade ALONE.
    1990s: grunge (nirvana), preteen/teen girl clothes (spice girls), cheetah print, the hair with those little butterfly clips in.

Just a few ideas for each one so you get the gist of what I mean 🙂

6+
  • Dulce_Delight

Parafolk
    April 18, 2020 at 4:46 pm
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I feel like we should have different options when it come to jeans games always give you skinny jeans or mom jeans but what if we had stuff like Flared, wide leg, cropped, high rise, low rise, jean shorts, etc..

We also get limited options with shirt what if each shirt had the option to wear it out or tuck it in or you could choose to roll up long sleeves.

It not a lot but I feel like little details really up the immersion in these games.

2+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 18, 2020 at 4:58 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I hope we’ll have a lot of cute kids clothes, especially babies clothes. Also accessories for girl; I’d love to have some big cutesy bows and colorful hair clips.

5+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 19, 2020 at 12:06 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8215]Something that I desperately want in a game like this is clothes from specific decades

[/quote]
    @tigerlilly291 seems like no one likes the 2000s lol. No favourites from the era of my childhood?

5+
  • Issabella

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 19, 2020 at 7:15 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

All these ideas are great. There is just one thing I would love is that we can mix and match all clothes types.

3+
  • Tigerlilly

April 19, 2020 at 4:15 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8247]

Something that I desperately want in a game like this is clothes from specific decades

@tigerlilly291 seems like no one likes the 2000s lol. No favourites from the era of my childhood?

[/quote]

Only wasn’t on there because in my head the 2000s is similar to the 90s/everyone dressed kinda like a bratz doll lmao (it was the era of my childhood too) – whats your favourites from the 2000s btw, like what would you want?

1+
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    April 21, 2020 at 1:47 am
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8260]

Something that I desperately want in a game like this is clothes from specific decades

Only wasn’t on there because in my head the 2000s is similar to the 90s/everyone dressed kinda like a bratz doll lmao (it was the era of my childhood too) – whats your favourites from the 2000s btw, like what would you want?

[/quote]

@tigerlilly291
    Hard to say. I don’t know what adults were into because I was a kid. My favourite item of clothing in the 2000s were my knee-high black boots. I also liked my fedora. I wore a lot of colourful tracksuit pants so it could be funny to have those (though I didn’t wear them with my fedora or boots lol). I also had a tamagotchi on a yellow lanyard, if virtual pets made it to the game my paras could be such dorks too. What else… OH. DEFINITELY THE SHOES WITH THE WHEELS IN THE HEELS. Definitely those.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 26, 2020 at 3:47 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Edit: I decided to post my ideas on the discord since it’s easier for the team to see.

• Skittl

April 26, 2020 at 8:55 pm
     Hub Points

It would be cool is most tops had the option to tuck-in/un-tuck, so that they could work with different styles.

5+
  • Riley

Noteworthy Newcomer
    June 4, 2020 at 2:32 pm
    Picture Perfect
     Hub Points

I hope they make all hair and clothing options available to both genders. If there was an option to choose your gender independent of your character’s appearance (such as male or non-binary even if you have a female avatar) that would be a nice feature too.

2+
  • Tini96

Star Hubkin
    June 5, 2020 at 10:35 am
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I would like to have a mix of several styles so that there is something for everyone, i.e. a lot of basic (since we hardly had that in the other game), street style, punk, emo, rocker etc. i also really like the Kpop style so it would be nice to have some things in the game.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tini96.
    2+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close