The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion Cheaters and pirates

• Cheaters and pirates

Vivi Fellow updated 10 months ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Nwhipple

Paraling
    August 15, 2019 at 8:32 pm
    Loyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

How will you punish people who try to pirate the game or use illegal cheats in game?

2+
  • rbolton

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 17, 2019 at 11:05 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Why not put in a creative anti-piracy system? Like when in the Sims 4, if the game is pirated and the computer recognizes it as such, the mosaic blur continues spreading. That example though doesn’t seem far enough though since it’s not too hard to remove the mosaic blur. Maybe something like your parafolk all catch a mysterious disease, and they eventually all die? Or possibly (if there are emotions) a permanent +99 stressed moodlet that prevents them from doing anything?

2+
  • BroodjeMario

September 8, 2019 at 5:16 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3958]Why not put in a creative anti-piracy system? Like when in the Sims 4, if the game is pirated and the computer recognizes it as such, the mosaic blur continues spreading. That example though doesn’t seem far enough though since it’s not too hard to remove the mosaic blur. Maybe something like your parafolk all catch a mysterious disease, and they eventually all die? Or possibly (if there are emotions) a permanent +99 stressed moodlet that prevents them from doing anything?

[/quote]

The disease idea is great, but the stressed moodlet, if added at all, can be deleted with cheats/mods. In the Sims 4 you can delete moodlets with the ui cheats extension mod and cheats.

1+
  • Ashes

Admin September 9, 2019 at 11:25 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Anti-piracy measures are kind of hard to do/implement I guess. Idk how feasible this is, but maybe a way that you can’t load any map with a pirated game? Although, I’d assume that like most games there would be a way around it. Sadly, as creative as you can be to prevent it, they usually find a way around it. I just hope not too many people would pirate the game.

3+
  • Kelly Ann

September 14, 2019 at 3:00 pm
     Hub Points

As long as it’s not an MMO, I don’t see why we would have to worry about cheating. People use cheats in The Sims all the time and no one bats an eye.

3+
  • Vivi Fellow

Noteworthy Newcomer
    December 31, 2019 at 5:04 pm
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

Since it’s a singleplayer game, cheats shouldn’t be a problem, specially if someone want’s to create a millionaire family for their stories, like BroodjeMario said, some people may create mods for activate all the time some cheats or an UI-cheats. Related to piracy, I just hope the team do not use some heavy anti-piracy program, like Denuvo, they usually makes the game go terrible in framerate and make a false positive “piracy” in many computers.

3+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close