The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Character Creator Ideas

• Character Creator Ideas

bailey updated 1 year, 7 months ago 16 Members · 24 Posts
  • parfaitdash

July 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm
     Hub Points

We were discussing what we would like to see with the Character creator (We also came up with a fun name, Design A Parapal or DAP) So here are our ideas:

New hair system: You can choose from seperate front, rear and back hairs. This can make for some unique combinations.
    New clothes system: Tops and jackets, etc. are now seperate, allowing you to combine different tops and other accessories. Also, you can edit various parts of certain clothing, for example the sleeves of a t-shirt or the neck of a dress.
    Advanced Edit Mode: You can enter Paint Mode and paint any piece of clothing. Choose from different colors and patterns or make your own, and apply them to any part of your clothes with a brush, similar to The Sims 4’s Pet Paint Mode.
    Traits: You can choose 5 traits from a wide range. However, for the game to be more balanced, there is an extra negative trait. There are also 2 empty trait slots, that will turn to either positive or negative traits based on how your Parapal is behaving or influencing the world.

I will keep this list updated as we come up with even more ideas! πŸ˜€

• httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 9:18 am
     Hub Points

What about custom makeup? Like being able to have multiple layers with eyeshadow (if there will be makeup). Also if there will be heels, what about setting the heels with different heights?
    I have another idea, maybe when designing the face, you could be able to toggle off the symmetry option because humans are not perfectly symmetrical

• Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 9:36 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I agree with these ideas, the only thing I would say is maybe not getting too much patterns for the game itself and more possibilities to add them to the game ourselves to avoid the problem of the sims 3 create a style being extremely laggy because of the sheer amount of patterns for it. Also, instead of plain swatches of different color, just a simple one with a color wheel option (again, to avoid to have too many different pattern possibilities and make it laggy).
    Also, depending on the final design of the characters, maybe some realistic lashes. I like the idea of layer of make up to make it personalized, and would propose the same for jewelry when it comes to rings or necklaces, or even people wanting more earings (with a resizing and drag higher or lower function maybe).

• elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 9:52 am
     Hub Points

i hope we get a colorwheel, i’d be okay with sliders like sims 3 if it meant fully customizable paralive guys! i wanna see realistic lashes too, i don’t like the blocky ones that sims 4, i’d be okay with it though, perhaps we’d have different eyelashes to choose from?

• Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 10:15 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote Elita post_id=82 time=1563443556 user_id=108:

i hope we get a colorwheel, i’d be okay with sliders like sims 3 if it meant fully customizable paralive guys! i wanna see realistic lashes too, i don’t like the blocky ones that sims 4, i’d be okay with it though, perhaps we’d have different eyelashes to choose from?

Sliders would probably be fine for most things except heights (because of the animations) , but I proposed an alternative for that on another post πŸ™‚
    For the eyelashes maybe something like Kijiko’s ones? But again, it would depends on the final design of the characters as it shouldn’t look too out of place also πŸ˜€

• httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 10:30 am
     Hub Points

I kinda hope that the character design is somewhat in between the sims 4 and the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (I saw that they took inspiration from the Zelda game), but I want a lot of costumization

• elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 12:28 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Ashalyn post_id=84 time=1563444953 user_id=131:

Sliders would probably be fine for most things except heights (because of the animations) , but I proposed an alternative for that on another post πŸ™‚
    For the eyelashes maybe something like Kijiko’s ones? But again, it would depends on the final design of the characters as it shouldn’t look too out of place also πŸ˜€

i was totally thinking like kijikos! those are my favorite eyelashes and i cannot go without them! i’m sure modders would make an eyelash that fits in if they don’t
    i hope theres some kind of height system if not thats totally okay!

• Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 12:45 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Elita post_id=87 time=1563452930 user_id=108:

quote Ashalyn post_id=84 time=1563444953 user_id=131:

i was totally thinking like kijikos! those are my favorite eyelashes and i cannot go without them! i’m sure modders would make an eyelash that fits in if they don’t
    i hope theres some kind of height system if not thats totally okay!

I made a proposition for the heights on another topic if you’d like πŸ™‚

• rusmina

July 18, 2019 at 1:05 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

It could be also nice if the age of character we can choose more starter skills related to traits/job/hobby, so for example if we will create elderly character they can have some skills for the start and not be useless/blank πŸ˜›

Edit: And what about things they could like? Color? Music style? Food? Aesthetic? Something like one could have with that about magic, one about sci-fi, history, countryside, some cultures and ect
    It will make situations where characters could be more happy around this topics and maybe they will more talk about this?
    Also maybe add slots with what they don’t like

• fraroc

July 19, 2019 at 3:41 am
     Hub Points

I think that a drag and drop style of CAS like what we had in The Sims 4 is a decent basis for a charachter creator. One of the things that TS4 definitley did right was the wide range of physiques for the sims.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now