The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Character Creator Ideas

• Character Creator Ideas

bailey updated 6 months, 1 week ago 16 Members · 24 Posts
  • parfaitdash

July 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm
     Hub Points

We were discussing what we would like to see with the Character creator (We also came up with a fun name, Design A Parapal or DAP) So here are our ideas:

New hair system: You can choose from seperate front, rear and back hairs. This can make for some unique combinations.
    New clothes system: Tops and jackets, etc. are now seperate, allowing you to combine different tops and other accessories. Also, you can edit various parts of certain clothing, for example the sleeves of a t-shirt or the neck of a dress.
    Advanced Edit Mode: You can enter Paint Mode and paint any piece of clothing. Choose from different colors and patterns or make your own, and apply them to any part of your clothes with a brush, similar to The Sims 4’s Pet Paint Mode.
    Traits: You can choose 5 traits from a wide range. However, for the game to be more balanced, there is an extra negative trait. There are also 2 empty trait slots, that will turn to either positive or negative traits based on how your Parapal is behaving or influencing the world.

I will keep this list updated as we come up with even more ideas! πŸ˜€

13+
  • httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 9:18 am
     Hub Points

What about custom makeup? Like being able to have multiple layers with eyeshadow (if there will be makeup). Also if there will be heels, what about setting the heels with different heights?
    I have another idea, maybe when designing the face, you could be able to toggle off the symmetry option because humans are not perfectly symmetrical

9+
  • Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 9:36 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I agree with these ideas, the only thing I would say is maybe not getting too much patterns for the game itself and more possibilities to add them to the game ourselves to avoid the problem of the sims 3 create a style being extremely laggy because of the sheer amount of patterns for it. Also, instead of plain swatches of different color, just a simple one with a color wheel option (again, to avoid to have too many different pattern possibilities and make it laggy).
    Also, depending on the final design of the characters, maybe some realistic lashes. I like the idea of layer of make up to make it personalized, and would propose the same for jewelry when it comes to rings or necklaces, or even people wanting more earings (with a resizing and drag higher or lower function maybe).

10+
  • elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 9:52 am
     Hub Points

i hope we get a colorwheel, i’d be okay with sliders like sims 3 if it meant fully customizable paralive guys! i wanna see realistic lashes too, i don’t like the blocky ones that sims 4, i’d be okay with it though, perhaps we’d have different eyelashes to choose from?

6+
  • Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 10:15 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points
    quote Elita post_id=82 time=1563443556 user_id=108:

i hope we get a colorwheel, i’d be okay with sliders like sims 3 if it meant fully customizable paralive guys! i wanna see realistic lashes too, i don’t like the blocky ones that sims 4, i’d be okay with it though, perhaps we’d have different eyelashes to choose from?

Sliders would probably be fine for most things except heights (because of the animations) , but I proposed an alternative for that on another post πŸ™‚
    For the eyelashes maybe something like Kijiko’s ones? But again, it would depends on the final design of the characters as it shouldn’t look too out of place also πŸ˜€

5+
  • httpsusu

July 18, 2019 at 10:30 am
     Hub Points

I kinda hope that the character design is somewhat in between the sims 4 and the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (I saw that they took inspiration from the Zelda game), but I want a lot of costumization

6+
  • elita

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 18, 2019 at 12:28 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Ashalyn post_id=84 time=1563444953 user_id=131:

Sliders would probably be fine for most things except heights (because of the animations) , but I proposed an alternative for that on another post πŸ™‚
    For the eyelashes maybe something like Kijiko’s ones? But again, it would depends on the final design of the characters as it shouldn’t look too out of place also πŸ˜€

i was totally thinking like kijikos! those are my favorite eyelashes and i cannot go without them! i’m sure modders would make an eyelash that fits in if they don’t
    i hope theres some kind of height system if not thats totally okay!

3+
  • Ashes

Admin July 18, 2019 at 12:45 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Elita post_id=87 time=1563452930 user_id=108:

quote Ashalyn post_id=84 time=1563444953 user_id=131:

i was totally thinking like kijikos! those are my favorite eyelashes and i cannot go without them! i’m sure modders would make an eyelash that fits in if they don’t
    i hope theres some kind of height system if not thats totally okay!

I made a proposition for the heights on another topic if you’d like πŸ™‚

2+
  • rusmina

July 18, 2019 at 1:05 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

It could be also nice if the age of character we can choose more starter skills related to traits/job/hobby, so for example if we will create elderly character they can have some skills for the start and not be useless/blank πŸ˜›

Edit: And what about things they could like? Color? Music style? Food? Aesthetic? Something like one could have with that about magic, one about sci-fi, history, countryside, some cultures and ect
    It will make situations where characters could be more happy around this topics and maybe they will more talk about this?
    Also maybe add slots with what they don’t like

7+
  • fraroc

July 19, 2019 at 3:41 am
     Hub Points

I think that a drag and drop style of CAS like what we had in The Sims 4 is a decent basis for a charachter creator. One of the things that TS4 definitley did right was the wide range of physiques for the sims.

4+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 19, 2019 at 7:35 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

All of this sounds great. For the character creator, my main hopes are that we’ll have near equal amounts of clothing for sims of all ages and both genders. Clothing in TS4 leans heavily to young adult females. I hope Paralives will give good attention to little ones and the elders.

3+
  • Ashes

Admin July 19, 2019 at 8:53 pm
     Hub Points
    quote Bailey post_id=141 time=1563564920 user_id=164:

All of this sounds great. For the character creator, my main hopes are that we’ll have near equal amounts of clothing for sims of all ages and both genders. Clothing in TS4 leans heavily to young adult females. I hope Paralives will give good attention to little ones and the elders.

And the men!

2+
  • purplesimulation

July 21, 2019 at 5:32 am
     Hub Points

What if we could go far enough to involve politics somehow? Or have religious / political views have an effect on the world around them. Like marches and rallies maybe? Or even involve a political career where you can pass laws and change up the way the characters live their lives everyday? Maybe I’m thinking too far. :ugeek:

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    July 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm
     Hub Points
    quote purplesimulation post_id=177 time=1563687120 user_id=177:

What if we could go far enough to involve politics somehow? Or have religious / political views have an effect on the world around them. Like marches and rallies maybe? Or even involve a political career where you can pass laws and change up the way the characters live their lives everyday? Maybe I’m thinking too far. :ugeek:

The developer Alex said there will be no religion. No word on politics yet, but a lot of fans have requested it on the Discord. We’ll have to wait and see what he says.

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    August 22, 2019 at 9:29 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

The political career is one of my favorites. I only wish there would be only one Mayor per town/world. If that one died, then the Deputy Mayor would automatically be promoted.

1+
  • lalarose

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 28, 2019 at 10:02 pm
     Hub Points

What about Eyes and eye color for parafolk?
    The color-wheel and sliders are used to create any eye color and colors can be saved to favorites for later use.
    Options would include being able to choose both left and right eye colors. You can have the option of making two different eye colors in each eye of a para and size.
    Sunbursts: you can add sunbursts to paras eyes iris (its optional),widen or shorten,and change the sunburst colors inside of the iris (like a para with green eyes could have a gold sunburst in the center).
    Eyes both left and right could be rotated separately, to look symmetrical or asymmetrical this would include sliders for each section of the parts of eyes
    Eyelids (can be lowered or raised including monolid, hooded,absent eyelid creases)
    Lower eyelids can be lowered and raised
    Eye lashes (upper and lower can be lengthened or shortened)
    Tearducts (can be increased and decreased in size)

3+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    August 29, 2019 at 7:22 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I had an Idea on how making custom clothing for DAP could work:
    https://paraliveshub.com/forum/topic/being-able-to-make-your-own-clothing/
    (Not sure if links are allowed, but this one is in context so I think this one should be allowed)

1+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    September 11, 2019 at 5:19 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I had another idea on how you can make custom body types for DAP.

https://paraliveshub.com/forum/topic/actual-custom-body-types/

I think more people should comment here but for some reason, nobody is commenting anymore on this megathread.

1+
  • Parafanatic

Noteworthy Newcomer
    January 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=3368]We were discussing what we would like to see with the Character creator (We also came up with a fun name, Design A Parapal or DAP) So here are our ideas:

New hair system: You can choose from seperate front, rear and back hairs. This can make for some unique combinations.
    New clothes system: Tops and jackets, etc. are now seperate, allowing you to combine different tops and other accessories. Also, you can edit various parts of certain clothing, for example the sleeves of a t-shirt or the neck of a dress.
    Advanced Edit Mode: You can enter Paint Mode and paint any piece of clothing. Choose from different colors and patterns or make your own, and apply them to any part of your clothes with a brush, similar to The Sims 4’s Pet Paint Mode.
    Traits: You can choose 5 traits from a wide range. However, for the game to be more balanced, there is an extra negative trait. There are also 2 empty trait slots, that will turn to either positive or negative traits based on how your Parapal is behaving or influencing the world.

I will keep this list updated as we come up with even more ideas! ?

[/quote]

It would be cool to have pregnancy cloths and infant clths to pick for when u have babie

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    January 22, 2020 at 2:31 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Not sure if this is already confirmed or not, but being able to upload pictures of textures patterns that can be added to clothing.

Different categories for dresses by type: casual, formal, club-wear, gala (ball gowns)

Set different outfits for different events: date night, wedding, birthday party, house party, beach, workout,

Different body types maybe sliders for adding on fat or muscle (making them appear more or less toned. Example a skinny para with no muscle and a somewhat poochy stomach) to paras bodies. For arms, calves, thighs, stomachs, neck,

In-depth lip shapers to make thicker lips or thinner, adding cupids bows etc.

Pre-made scars and blemishes you can add to para faces and bodies. If this is possible maybe you could add a note to the assigned scar and it can be tagged as a memory for how they got it, so paras arent entering the world with no memories.

Being able to pick and choose different types of memories for paras or a back story during DAP

4+
  • Gentle

February 4, 2020 at 12:03 am
     Hub Points

I think that you should be able to pick from different heights (short, medium, tall).
    You should be able to adjust the muscle mass, tone, and fat content of certain parts of the body. (I have a very strange way of carrying my weight, and I would like to be able to represent my body properly)

Being able to paint in birthmarks, moles, and freckles would be super fun!
    For the eyes, i think a patterns and colors should be available.

And BODY HAIR! I am desperate for a hairy, slobby para! Perhaps all hair could grow over time and have to be cut in game?
    And I’m talking about sliders for armpit hair, bikini hair, calf hair, thigh hair, arm hair, chest hair, back hair, even belly hair!
    And not just for the men (sims 3 could never)

You should also be able to pick the paras gender, birth sex, any transition, and their sexuality/romantic orientation in the game. This should include nonbinary paras, and asexual paras.

A lot of unique voices would be great as well! maybe having a fair amount of voice actors, and providing voice sliders for pitch and speed, etc. would be cool!

4+
  • narniagirl06

February 8, 2020 at 3:57 pm
     Hub Points

I would love to have an option to save outfits I’ve created into a “saved outfits” folder. That way I can quickly select outfits I’ve already made for my new characters. It will help me save time after I’ve already spent hours customizing the facial features/hair/etc of my parafolk. When I play the sims, sometimes the last thing I feel like doing after I’ve made my character is spend another few hours putting together 5-6 more outfits when I really just want to start playing. Having the option to quickly select my previous looks would be awesome!

Can’t wait for this game! It looks absolutely amazing!

5+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    February 25, 2020 at 3:44 am
     Hub Points

I haven’t posted in a while, but I thought of a new idea for creating characters with the Paramaker. Now, I know this is going to sound like a lot and I highly doubt this is something can would be easy to do, especially for a game made by a smaller team, but I thought I’d propose it anyway, maybe in the event that even if it won’t make it for the initial release, it could come in a future update.

I’ll keep it as simple as possible. I think that for each age range that’ll be in the game, there should be 2 stages, a younger half and older half. Yes, it’s certainly a lot, but I think this would be a grate compromise if we don’t get gradual aging. That way, there will be a larger variety of families that one will be able to create and aging and development will seem more progressive and natural.

As for what I think would be a good system, I’ll trying to summarize it. Y=younger O=older so I don’t need to keep typing the full words over and over.

Baby
    Y-Newborn. The Para can’t move on it’s own yet. It can only sleep and eat. It must be carried around by its parents to go anywhere.
    O-Infant. Around 6 months. This Para can be taught to crawl. Eventually they can crawl anywhere, but can’t traverse stairs.

Toddler
    Y-Around 1 year. This Para can stand up and toddle around. Can slowly climb stairs. Can start babbling.
    O-Around 3 years. This Para can walk perfectly. Can learn to speak perfectly. Can start potty training. Can switch from diapers to pull-ups.

Child
    Y-Around 6 years. This Para can use the toilet properly. Can attend school.
    O-Pre-teen. Around 10 years. This Para can have chores. Can learn things such as cooking. Can start to have hobbies.

Teenager
    Y-Around 13 years. This Para can start experiencing crushes on other Paras. Can have acne.
    O- Around 16 years. This Para can start dating and enter a serious relationship. This Para can learn to drive and get a job.

Adult
    Y-This Para can propose and be wed. Can procreate.
    O- This Para will start getting wrinkles. May start to be less active.

Elder.
    Y-This Para will lose the ability to procreate.
    O-This Para can retire. Can pass away of old age.

Basically I think it would be cool to see Parafolk develop overtime. Not to mention, I think it would be great to allow players to have more options for each age range. Instead of all kids, babies, and teenagers being the same age by default, you could pick if a family has an older kid and a younger baby, or an older baby and a younger kid.

And again, even if this doesn’t make it into the initial release, I hope it can be considered for a future update.

5+
  • Rammgrrrl

Paraling
    March 27, 2020 at 5:06 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I love the idea of a paint tool, and I think it would be awesome if we could apply it to hairstyles as well as clothing. That way, Parafolk can have more complex hair colors, like split dye (like Melanie Martinez) or rainbow hair.

1+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 17, 2020 at 7:20 pm
     Hub Points

This is a minor question, and might not be exactly related to character creation, but has the topic of Parafolk names come up? I was curious if it’s been discussed if Paras could have middle names. I couldn’t recall Alex or any of the girls on the team ever bringing it up.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close