The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Changing the Game Interface Language

• Changing the Game Interface Language

gamedomino updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Mipie

November 26, 2019 at 4:21 am
     Hub Points

Hello everyone! Did you know that it’s insanely difficult to change the game interface language of The Sims 4?

Some Background Info:
    I’m currently trying to learn Korean, and I found a common suggestion for language learners was to play video games you’re familiar with in the language you want to learn. So, I loaded up TS4 and went to look for the option that would allow me to change the language to Korean, and I was extremely shocked when I couldn’t find it! I thought I was just overlooking it, but it turns out there is NO in-game option to change the language of the game! If you want to change the game language, you will have to choose one of these options:

1. Go into the game files and edit them to get the game to display in the language you want (what if you mess something important up and break your game?)
    2. Uninstall the ENTIRE game (say goodbye to all your Sims!) and then install it in the language you want (you may not even get the option to choose the specific language you want, as it seems like it limits the languages you can pick from depending on your country according to posts on EA’s Answer HQ)
    3. Somehow buy a game disc from that country (What if you get scammed!? How much would international shipping cost?)

Why in the world would EA not give players the option to change the language of the game in the easiest way possible, when many other games allow you to?
    I’m not sure about all the code that is involved, but to me, it doesn’t seem like it would be the most complicated thing in the world for such a large company with tons of developers when literally thousands of websites/apps/games allow you to click on a little menu and change the language of whatever it is you’re viewing.

We know Alex plans to localize the game into multiple languages.
    To Alex and future Paralives team members: I’m not sure how changing the game language will work with Paralives, but please try to make it easier than this craziness that is TS4! I’m sure anyone who will want to change their game language will appreciate it very much!

4+
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    November 26, 2019 at 5:04 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I do hope that changing the language of the game is very easy, as it sounds insanely tedious on the sims 4, great suggestion.

1+

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close