The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Carry over lifetime Skills

• Carry over lifetime Skills

Tini96 updated 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Tini96

Star Hubkin
    June 10, 2020 at 10:14 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I don’t know if this has been brought up before but isn’t it annoying how your toddler in the other game – despite having every skill possible maxed out – immediately becomes an idiot the second they age up? You work hard to become him/her the smartest kid in school only to magically become completely ignorant when they blow out the candles. It would be good to keep the skills they have as they get older.

As an example:

Communication -> Social -> Charisma

Thinking -> Mental -> Logic

etc.

And maybe if you have all the skills maxed out in a lifetime, that you get a little bonus. I don’t know what that might be but it would be nice to get a little reward for it.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Tini96.
  • sweetchilli

Star Hubkin
    June 11, 2020 at 3:41 am
    Diamond EggPicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I’d like to see them do something other than 1-10 skill points. Maybe a para learns abilities and behaviours that last throughout life, instead of filling a bar? They could learn how to greet others politely, and carry that with them forever. They could learn to use knives and forks (properly) or chopsticks. Their previous social experiences inform how relaxed they are in a conversation instead of “charisma” points. This way you don’t start over each life stage – if there are life stages, I’m still really hoping for gradual aging – and it’s a different system to that other game.

• Tini96

Star Hubkin
      June 11, 2020 at 11:20 am
       Hub Points

I really like it, it would bring more realism in the game and would stand out too.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    June 11, 2020 at 5:15 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Yeah, I think it’s because the toddlers have different skills from the other ages, so they don’t cross over. I think it would be nice if all ages in Paralives had access to almost the exact same skills, which I think could work if skills weren’t so specific and were instead covered a range of learned actions.

Example: Instead of a “potty skill”, something that would only make sense for a baby-toddler, Paralives could have a “life skills” skill which encompass toilet knowledge, personal hygiene, food preparation, and other things. That way, they would carry them on as they grow. It would also mean you wouldn’t have to wait until your Para was an older teen or adult to let them learn to cook. It could start hen they’re younger with help from their parents, then grow as they practice more.

• Tini96

Star Hubkin
      June 11, 2020 at 9:24 pm
       Hub Points

I think that’s even better, especially when gradual aging is added in Paralives.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now