Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums Parafolk Brainstorming for clothes and fashion

• Brainstorming for clothes and fashion

Profile Photo

Hey guys! I’ve already done one of these in the past but it wasn’t particularly in depth. I thought this would be a nice addition to the hub as Roxanne has said in the past clothing suggestions would be great. (Also Christine said she’d be keeping an eye on Paralives Hub so hello if you’re there ?).

So this is basically gonna be my personal ideas on what clothing and fashion I would like to see!

Personally I think we need the ‘essential’ stuff: so the basics. Things like a simple t-shirt, a simple skirt, a simple sweater. I feel like we don’t have enough of these in the sims 4. Also, I think we should have a long sleeved and short sleeved option for things. As well as this, I know that we will have a colour wheel, however apparently there will be default swatches too. I hope that these will be colours that people will use a lot

Some other styles I would like are:

Vintage

Bohemian

Artsy

Casual

Street

Formal

Business

Sporty

Skater

Goth

Preppy

Lolita

Kawaii

Grunge

Punk

These are just some examples, and I’m sure there are many more. I in no way expect all these but this is just for ideas.

I’d also really like clothes and fashions from all over the world, not just American and European things, so if anyone has ideas in that respect, I think that would be really cool.

I’m just going to attach some pictures now of things I’d love to see in game in terms of fashion (please add photos of the things you’d like to see too!):

Ace replied 3 years, 6 months ago 11 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • I have a really girly style and would love to see it implemented in paralives ! Heartpulse

Posted May 10, 2020 at 10:51 pm
    • I’m in love with those heels agh Paralives please give them to mee

Posted May 11, 2020 at 9:56 am
  • I want to post ideas for baby clothes. I’ve seen lots of suggestions for adults, but almost none for kids, and I really hope kids get lots of adorable clothing in the game. Specifically for little babies. I even made a pinterest board to collect ideas.

I hope we can get cute cozy, themed hats like the animal hats or pilot hats I have as examples. Cute ruffled onsies with matching accessories for little girls. Matching sibling clothes for kids of all ages.

Personalized clothes would be a dream. We’ve already seen that we can personalize some objects. Being able to do it with clothing would be so nice as well.

https://www.pinterest.com/drianeisha/baby-clothing-ideas/

Posted May 11, 2020 at 1:52 am
    • Aw these clothes are adorable! I think a lot of people forget about other life stages in simulation games, but they are so, so important!

Posted May 11, 2020 at 6:10 am
  • I have always liked the tomboy look, though I think we also need to remember that the guys need clothes too, in the sims games the males be lacking, even in cc. Here are some ideas

Posted May 11, 2020 at 5:03 am
    • I completely agree. I can hardly ever find good male clothes. It’s very true that the amount of female cc is ridiculous. There’s everything you could ever want for them which is great but there isn’t nearly enough masculine clothing. Unisex clothes would be really nice too

Posted May 11, 2020 at 6:09 am
  • As well as this I really think we should have clothes which are going to be suitable for elders. Sometimes in other life simulation games such as the sims, for older people you have to reuse things meant for much younger people. Not that older people can’t wear “younger” clothes, however it can often be a little odd. I really don’t want to see the majority of the clothes just being crop tops and short skirts. I’d like to see these too, but I think we need a variety to suit all age groups.

Posted May 11, 2020 at 6:14 am
    • I agree wholeheartedly! There’s a lot of clothing for the late middle-aged (65-80) to elderly that isn’t old timey and is fashionable 🙂 There’s been such a lack of clothing for seniors it’s almost as if they’re an after thought, like in sims 4 for example, because it’s the last stage of a sims life Err that particular games household.

I do hope we get an age category for the paras who’d be considered 50-65 years like a Prime age or something Instead of it being an adult then going straight to elderly.

Here some ideas I had inspired by Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep, Angela Basset and other for the 50-65 ages And seniors

Posted May 11, 2020 at 9:23 am
      • Ooh! I love these ideas! These kind of pictures would represent that age group so well!

Posted May 11, 2020 at 9:54 am
  • Inspiration

I absolutely LOVE elegant grunge, bohemian chic, lace work, flowery designs and long skirts with cuts to show off legs. Detailed clothing (embroidered and embossed) is something I’m really hoping for in Paralives since it was near impossible to achieve in Sims 4 due to the lack of texture space in the meshes. (I’m not a modder but this is what many modders have complained about).

<b style=””>Functions

I loved how Maggie’s hair was animated, and would love to see such animations in dresses,skirts and sleeves as well. Also, I do remember reading somewhere that clothes will be items to buy and will not be readily present in parafolks closets (which I love). I imagine bridal shops where I could take my paraperson to pick out a wedding dress. IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME! I also wanted to mention that functionality with dresses that arent flat (ballgowns and such) is also something I REALLY WANT. I feel like this would only require coding in specific sitting (on ground and chairs) and/or walking animations where the animations dont glitch with ballgowns and other poofy dresses.

Posted June 2, 2020 at 9:10 am
  • I would love to see at least one opinion with matching family outfits. I know its a cheesy idea and but I love the idea of dressing up the whole family, grandparents, parents, kids, babies all in one photo. It doesn’t have to be all the same outfit but similar patterns or shades.

Posted June 2, 2020 at 12:52 pm
    • Same, I want matching outfits for the whole family. It’s so adorable.

Smiley

Posted June 2, 2020 at 5:40 pm
  • I’d love to see more shoe options for male and females for all ages because I feel there aren’t a good variety of casual and also the dressy/formal shoe. I think I’d like more complex fashions for dressy and semi-formal attire, like some blouses,skirts, gowns and dresses with embroidery,lace,and tulle, and some dresses that have really nice drapery but I guess it depends on the physics for it to be represented well.

Here’s some clothing I hope can be in the game based on my own personal fashion style which is edgy, chic, and eclectic lol. Oh and lots of hat options!

Posted June 3, 2020 at 9:04 am
    • Ooh! I’m in love with these ideas! I’d totally wear any of these and I’d really like to see them in game!!!

Posted June 3, 2020 at 11:41 am
  • A mix of both. Since I will most likely start with a Legacy Challenge, so it would be good to have variety of styles. Since I want to have a lot of different paras with all kind of personalities and want to adapt the style who suits the best to the personality.

As an example if the Para is more of a sporty type then it would be good to have basic clothes.

Posted June 4, 2020 at 12:13 am
    • I completely agree with you on this. Reflecting the characters personality to their clothes is exactly the kind of thing I want to do in the game. 🙂

Posted June 4, 2020 at 12:52 pm
  • I had suggested an idea for outfits in Sims. My idea would be to have a general bodice (blousey, tight, loose, tube, etc..) that you could attach your choice of sleeve, collar to. This way they could create their own shirt styles by pasting these pieces together. I think it would bring variety to this that sims didn’t have. The same thing for pants- tight around the butt or loose, full-length pant, capris, short-shorts, or plain shorts. And the same with shoes- you could create your own clothing lines. For the colors I liked the swatches in Sims 3-or could create your own patterns. At least the tops could be put together types, right?

The same for guys’ clothing, because they need to be their own styles too.

It seems like these would be easy to me. I’m not sure if they would work with the animation part, so this is just an idea for now. You KNOW people are going to want to go medieval styles, goth, 50’s, 70’s, alien, futuristic, etc…with these so why not make them so people can REALLY create some cool clothing. All ages, because kids want to be different too-and teens are always coming up with new styles. And where would we be without our baby/toddler clothing that parent paras would love to show off their new little ones outfits-right? lol

Posted August 9, 2020 at 8:24 pm
  • i’m super into the high fashion editorial stuff so i would really want to see something bright and insane

Posted August 10, 2020 at 9:23 am
  • I was on pinterest recently and checked out some more cute ideas for children’s clothing, since last time I mainly focused on pajamas and accessories. This time I got more formal clothes, but also a couple of other outdoor options.

Posted August 14, 2020 at 3:39 am
    • That’s adorable! Would love these in game

Posted August 16, 2020 at 2:44 pm
    • These are so adorable! Omg ? i hope we get cute items like these for the weeparas ?

A children’s only clothing stores would be nice to have too!

Posted August 18, 2020 at 7:15 pm
  • I personally would love the ability to layer! Being able to put a sweater or jacket over whatever top or dress that’s worn would be really cute. Same with scarves. I think that it adds something little about real life that would be so special in game.

Posted August 28, 2020 at 7:28 pm