The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion Are we getting laundry?

• Are we getting laundry?

Kaylin updated 1 year, 8 months ago 8 Members · 8 Posts
  • h2oQueen

Parafolk
    November 17, 2019 at 11:51 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Such as dryers and washing machine residential and communal, both top loader and front loader.

Thank you.

• This discussion was modified 2 years ago by  h2oQueen.
  • Ashes

Admin November 18, 2019 at 6:34 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Hi, laundry is not confirmed as of now 🙂

• Parafanatic

Noteworthy Newcomer
    November 26, 2019 at 2:12 am
    Loyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I would love to hav laundry like sims 4 and be able to do more please oh please let us have more bany furniture like playpens pack&goes bassinets changing tables and walkers would be cool. For adults wouldbe cool we could have maternity cloths and pregnancy could last a little longer tks hope u like ideas

• skyler

High Hubkin
    February 6, 2020 at 10:58 pm
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I absolutely loathe laundry in the Sims 4. I hate the chance of starting a fire on your lot and having to clean the lint tray, it’s already a chore to remember in real life.

But I loved it in the Sims 3! The cute animation of clothes falling into the hamper automatically when changing clothes or getting in the shower. Plus the added moodlets for clean clothes and sheets. I really hope if it is implemented, it’s much more like the latter case.

I think Paralives could even do better, having laundromats would be really cool. Maybe once your para has gotten “stinky”, that particular clothing set would be “gone” in the hamper until it’s washed on laundry day. Maybe special washers and dryers could make your clothes last for weeks at a time without washing. <3

• Kaitlyn

Rising Hubkin
    March 25, 2020 at 2:46 pm
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I would appreciate laundry only if it adds depth in gameplay and isn’t just something for paras to do to kill time. There needs to be a reason and an incentive to do it. For example, if paras have a limited amount of clothes/outfits, the longer they wear the same outfit the dirtier it becomes making them smelly until they wash the clothes. And once the outfit goes into the hamper it can’t be worn again until it’s washed. If your para runs out of clean clothes, they’ll be forced to wear something dirty from the hamper, but this will put other paras off by their stinky smell. This gives laundry a purpose and not just a meaningless addition to gameplay. (*Cough* sims 4 *cough.*)

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    March 26, 2020 at 5:46 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I hope we’ll have laundry along with other chores for our Parafolk to do. I’d love it if parents could assign chores to their kids.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    March 26, 2020 at 8:09 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7297]I would appreciate laundry only if it adds depth in gameplay and isn’t just something for paras to do to kill time. There needs to be a reason and an incentive to do it. For example, if paras have a limited amount of clothes/outfits, the longer they wear the same outfit the dirtier it becomes making them smelly until they wash the clothes. And once the outfit goes into the hamper it can’t be worn again until it’s washed. If your para runs out of clean clothes, they’ll be forced to wear something dirty from the hamper, but this will put other paras off by their stinky smell. This gives laundry a purpose and not just a meaningless addition to gameplay. (*Cough* sims 4 *cough.*)

[/quote]

I agree there needs to be an important motive to actually have it, and i also agree again and I think it’d be cool if somehow dirty clothing would disappear from all paras wadrobes until they were cleaned.
    I’d also like if we could have laundry mats on community lots, so instead of having a washer dryer at home we’d also have the option to go downtown to clean them also.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 8:27 pm
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I personally could care less if it’s added or not, but If we do get laundry I really hope it’s not obnoxious like in the sims series with multiple steps.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now