The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Anticipation for the future

• Anticipation for the future

Jinxin updated 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • Breedmond

Moderator February 28, 2020 at 3:07 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

The possibility of having memories has been discussed, but I am not sure if anyone ever mentioned the future. There could be a calendar with the days of the week where you can see all the holidays, days off, special events, appointments etc. Each Para will will have their personal calendar. When they plan something with other Paras it will reflect on multiple calendars. Paras can express anticipation when an important event is coming up in the following days. Events can be anything, parties, exams, vacation etc. They can randomly think on the event (thought balloons), dream about it, talk about it etc. The could even prepare for it. For example if it is a party they may want to go out and purchase a new outfit or prepare snacks. If it is an exam they may want to study to be better prepared. Also their mood could be affected by it. Either positive or negative. For example they can get excited or nervous, which will affect their behavior in the days leading up to the event. It will make the game more realistic because it will look as if the Paras are aware of their surroundings and what is happening. What do you guys think?

• Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    February 28, 2020 at 5:04 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I’ve talked about calendars before, but I never thought about having preparation to do and having future events affect the present.
    I’d love if your para had to actually prepare for upcoming events etc. What if they also had optional preparation tasks? So, for example your Para is hosting a party in couple days. The main preparation would be to say, buy some food or drinks, etc. and the optional preparation would be to buy a new outfit, or clean up the house etc.
    The main objective would directly influence the success of the event, and the optional objectives could slightly affect the success, and also affect your Para’s mood/satisfaction.

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    February 29, 2020 at 10:14 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

well the brides need days to like 1)buy a wedding dress (if she or a family doesn’t create one themselves). They need time to get beautifued for the wedding-so like spa day etc

• madison

Parafolk
    March 2, 2020 at 3:54 pm
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

i love that idea! i think parafolk would feel a lot more “real” to me if they had something similar to an underlying anxiety or excitement about upcoming events – it makes sense to anticipate big changes like childbirth or marriage but anticipating smaller-scale events would really be a nice touch.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    March 3, 2020 at 9:06 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I really love this idea and having paras be affected by upcoming events, it would make them seem more realistic and contribute to an interesting gameplay. Some paras could be excited, scared, nonchalant, or even sad depending on their personalities.
    I think it would be really awesome if paras are preparing for dates, especially first dates for teens they’d talk to their friends about it and plan out their outfits or have friends come over and help them pick out an outfit.

@Madison I agree it would be so cute if we are able to anticipate a day to when a child would arrive depending on how pregnancies will work in the game. But I do hope they’re a bit more realistic as far the progression of the belly becoming bigger over a course of days or weeks but that’s just me. Lol.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  cakeefeatured.
  • Jinxin

Star Hubkin
    March 3, 2020 at 5:29 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7155]Some paras could be excited, scared, nonchalant, or even sad depending on their personalities.[/quote]
    It would definitely be cool if paras had different reactions depending on things such as their personality etc.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now