The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas After school activities

• After school activities

Shortstuff_ updated 1 year, 8 months ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    March 29, 2020 at 11:44 pm
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Let’s talk after school activities!

I would love to see some:
    •Sports; dance, gymnastics, football, cheerleading, swimming, soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, badminton
    •Study groups for all ages
    •Boy and girl scout troops
    •volunteering

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    March 31, 2020 at 10:30 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Yes, and all afterschool activities should include homework help so they don’t have to scramble to get homework done when they come home.

• Breedmond

Moderator March 31, 2020 at 3:35 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I would also like to see activities where the Para kids and teens could learn life skills, so that when they become adults they already have some skills. For example cooking class, crafting/arts etc. Ways to improve caring skills, for example babysitting or caring for animals in a shelter.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    April 1, 2020 at 4:43 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I think it’d be fun to have kids and teens learn gardening like FFA (Future farmer’s of america) which was offered back when I was in high school you learned about agriculture and gardening etc.

A writing club (poetry/ fiction work)

A school newspaper group that para students could read would have various topics spawned but also with the ability to conduct interviews with other students and teachers based on the topic at hand. Maybe even some gossip columns in the paper would trigger some paras to get mad or sad to make it interesting, which would then result in people maybe coming up to them asking them questions or making them popular etc.

Health class that would help kids and teens learn about nutrition and how to keep their bodies healthy.

School chorus

School band/symphony

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 2, 2020 at 4:17 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I really hope we get after school activities, and a good amount of them as well.

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 6:47 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I feel like kids should have clubs in school, so they can go to them after school and spend a couple of hours there while also getting to do their homework, like AmandaC said, so they don’t have to scramble at home to do it.

The clubs for school could include –
    – crafting club
    – any type of sport
    – art club
    – yearbook club
    – fundraising club
    – choir
    – study group ( your idea)
    And many more! ( just can’t think of any off top of my head)

I also really love the idea of babysitting, that way they have an activity, and can still earn money off of it.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now