The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation adopted paras an indicator they aren't blood sibling in Family Tree/Pannel?

• adopted paras an indicator they aren't blood sibling in Family Tree/Pannel?

bailey updated 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    December 3, 2020 at 4:37 am
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

With some of our experiences with Sims 3 and 4- we don’t like the fact that adopted sims somehow magically become the adoptive family’s biological child/sibling. Which also comes with the side effect of passing on the adopted parents’ gentics (In Sims 3 my Esmerlda sim adopted a sim who somehow passed on Esmeralda’s gentics)

Anyway some of us think that Paralives should have an indicator that a Para kid isn’t a blood relation. Maybe something like if the Para is adopted as baby or maybe a toddler they don’t have an indicator but if the kid when adopted is a child-preteen there is an indicator?

Like from Ny on the discord a line (similar to what sims have for half-sibling)

India’s idea from discord : they could also have a “gottcha day” along with a birthday

• This discussion was modified 5 months ago by  MagaCarter.
    +5
  • Tini96

Star Hubkin
    December 3, 2020 at 7:26 am
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I like this idea, It would be much more realistic this way.

+2
  • amandac

Star Hubkin
    December 3, 2020 at 11:42 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I love this idea. I’d be happy with a different color “frame” around their icon. As long as it shows that both parents are the adoptive parents and the adoptive parents “know” they are their children and not start hitting on them when they become adults. In TS2, the only the parent that made the phone call showed as the adoptive parent so the other parent could make a move on the child when it became an adult.

+4
    • MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
      December 3, 2020 at 7:56 pm
      Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
       Hub Points

and birth children of the adoptive parents know that the new sibling is adopted?

+2
    • amandac

Star Hubkin
      December 4, 2020 at 10:58 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
       Hub Points

Yes, but they should treat them as blood siblings – no hanky panky between them.

+1
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    December 4, 2020 at 5:31 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I would like that. I had no idea in those other games that adopted children were listed as biological siblings and passed on that families genetics. I definitely think paralives should create some sort of indication of who is adopted and who isn’t and that they should only pass on their own genetics.

+4

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now