The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Add Family Member Family Tree Idea

• Add Family Member Family Tree Idea

Amazing_Star updated 1 year, 8 months ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 3:20 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

So the idea of this idea for the family tree is that when you make a character, but just one character, then in the family tree you have the option to add more family members at any time, this way if you made a few or only one parafolk, then if you wanted to add family members to say, for example add lore or backstory to your character and so the family tree isn’t emptier than it should be.

Let me show you a visual concept so you can get somewhat of an idea:

View post on imgur.com

In the image shown is you playing as Maggie, the first ever confirmed parafolk for the game.

Since the parents are unknown at the time, I thought it would be a good idea to use Maggie as an example.

The Family Member Slots with + signs on them and no names when clicked on, then a confirmation screen to confirm if you didn’t click on accident, if you click yes on that then you would go to the Paramaker (PAM) screen, using the genetics system the game can give you a potential family member character that would look similar to other characters, the more members in the family hopefully the more accurate it could be, and you can also edit the para in question so you can change them the way you want.

You could also be able to add things like a biography which when clicked on its slot after made in the future, would show its biography and perhaps some other information about that para.

Another cool thing about this feature is that they won’t have to be playable or even in the games world, you could still have a relationship based on the member type (although I would love it if that was change-able, as just because for example the para in mind could be Maggie’s Father, doesn’t mean Maggie would have a good relationship with her father), and you could also invite them at any time via any possible means in the game, if there is a manage world system I could imagine having a screen being able to move in all family members not in the world, this way if you wanted to for story or just because, you could move in a family member to the town with that other parafolk (or maybe without that parafolk, its your game-play.)

This way people could add more lore and backstories to their characters without going through tons of hassle, and without them absolutely having to be playable, and for those who don’t wish to do it won’t have to, which could be useful in stories if for example you want a parafolk to not know of their for example father or mother, which is why the + could also be substituted with a ? and be an unknown parafolk instead.

I hope you enjoy the idea and please give me thoughts or add to the idea yourself if you would like to, and like the forum post so it gains more traction.

• Shortstuff_

High Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 6:15 am
    Trendsetter BadgePicture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I really like this idea personally because I know that some people like to make their gameplay realistic to their life.

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 3:50 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I like this idea. It would be very helpful for story and world building to be able to easily create extended family members and have them displaced by the game, rather than needing to do it all manually.

• Kaylin

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 9, 2020 at 8:42 pm
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectAppreciation BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

Not only family trees but the paras recognizing extended family. If they have anything above great they could use the term ancestor. This way family will not be able to do any romantic interactions.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    April 11, 2020 at 4:47 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I actually did write a post about this, but it is great to see that other people are thinking about this. Regarding to that unknown family member – this unknown family member could be still in world but your parafolk wouldt know them – so when they meet for a first time, it wouldnt show their family relationship (e.g. father and daughter). There could be some things to find out, if they are from same family or not. It would give interesting aspect for story tellers

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now