The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Ability To Change Length Of Gameplay Time

• Ability To Change Length Of Gameplay Time

• lalarose

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 29, 2019 at 7:01 pm
     Hub Points

I think it’d be cool to have an option in game where you can change how long one day in Paraworld is would be equivalent to real time. I personally like longer gameplay time so I’d like longer days vs shorter but I know some like shorter days and one hour of real time to equal 24hrs in Paraworld its too much. So I was thinking maybe there would be an option to change this in the settings menu of Paralives.
    For example: The time could range from 30mins- 1 hour in real time which equals one 24hr day in Paraworld.

Like for instance those who want a shorter gameplay could choose and have 30 mins real time to equal one day in Paraworld. Those who want longer gameplay could choose 1 hour of real time be equal to one day in Paraworld. For those who want something in between could change it to 45 mins real time to equal one day in Paraworld.

With that also being said the ability to change the length of time it takes for a para to age up would be nice too ? like 7days to 128 days? Something like that

Let me all know what you think! ?

4+
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    August 30, 2019 at 2:45 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I definitely want something like this. One of the things I hate the most in games with a wacky time system is that I feel like I run out of time in the day far too quickly. The ability to set that for myself would be much appreciated.

1+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      August 30, 2019 at 4:01 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

I agree! I like longer days myself I know some may want different which is why I hope Alex allows a feature like this to change the clocks time. I think it’d be interesting if we could have a feature to have longer days or longer nights too as a option setting that can be toggled on or off. I like playing the nightlife parts of sims and wish it were more time to do things ^_^

• Kisica

September 20, 2019 at 10:41 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=4731]I think it’d be interesting if we could have a feature to have longer days or longer nights too as a option setting that can be toggled on or off

[/quote]
    I think if they’ll make seasons for the base game, the length of day and night must depend on season. Like long day in summer and long night in winter

3+
  • Kisica

September 20, 2019 at 10:50 pm
     Hub Points

I wonder if they’ll implement time rewind? I personally don’t really like this feature in the sims. When I use rewind often, I feel like it ruins the atmosphere. But on the other hand it would be boring to wait till your character gets enough sleep 😀

2+
    • cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      September 23, 2019 at 4:19 am
      Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
       Hub Points

Oh you meant the fast forward button to move time forward 🙂
      I hope we have something like this as you said waiting for them to sleep would be boring or maybe if they sleep the clock could automatically fast forward if there are no other active paras in the household.

• Em

October 4, 2019 at 11:46 am
     Hub Points

I think, for example in the Sims where it takes 2 hours for a sim to eat a meal, things like that are unrealistic and irritating so you lose a lot of time in the day / gameplay. Will be nice to match the gameplay interactions (such as a meal should really take 20 mins to eat perhaps) to the length of the day / how time passes.
    I think lifespan should be customizeable too perhaps, ie I choose Paras live for an average 100 years, where someone else might like the challenge of a shorter average lifespan.

2+
  • Emily

Noteworthy Newcomer
    October 10, 2019 at 6:48 pm
    Friendship Badge
     Hub Points

I would definitely like more proportional time relations between real-time and game time. In sims I tell my sims to go downstairs and it can take up to 20 minutes (my houses aren’t that big mind you) and it’s ridiculous, I just end up teleporting them which ruins the realism.

3+
  • Paralives Hub (JP)

Admin October 11, 2019 at 8:45 am
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

According to the August AMA, Alex plans to add options that allow us to change the speed of the time. However, not much is known about how this works yet.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close