The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion A space to discuss updates

• A space to discuss updates

bailey updated 2 months, 1 week ago 21 Members · 62 Posts
  • crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:11 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

I have been so, so impressed by the teasers and updates lately. The team have been working so hard!
    This is a space to chat and discuss all the latest updates, what we like, what we don’t like, and things we’ve noticed in the teasers they’ve given us.
    (If you are a Patreon please do not share anything information that you have received on there as it’s against the developers wishes. Thank you!)

What clips have impressed you the most and what are you eager to see next?!

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:17 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeDiamond EggFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Personally the early videos such as curved walls and resizing objects drew me in, and I have really enjoyed seeing the graphics and detail evolve over time.
    Maggie’s loft is just beautiful and everything I could have hoped for. It’s literally my dream home, and the detail gives it such character.
    The shadow of Maggie makes me so excited for the eventual Parafolk reveal!!

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:17 pm
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

i would obviously like a Parafolk reveal, as i’m sure many more people are desperately waiting for. if that is released soon, it would be nice to look at a glimpse of the base world. or maybe go more in depth about the controls for the Parafolk are like in PAM, the Maggie storyline was EUPHORIC for me, i am really big on lore and really would appreciate if more stories were told or introduced as the team develops the game more! 😉

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:20 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7933]i would obviously like a Parafolk reveal, as i’m sure many more people are desperately waiting for. if that is released soo, it would be nice to look at a glimpse of the base world. or maybe go more in depth about the controls for the Parafolk are like in PAM, the Maggie storyline was EUPHORIC for me, i am really big on lore and really would appreciate if more stories were told or introduced as the team develops the game more! ?

[/quote]
    When you say about lore, I completely agree with you! I love that aspect and I am so glad that the team are showing interest in this subject!
    I can just tell Maggie is going to become more and more iconic

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:46 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

• Soml

Pro Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 12:50 pm
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7945]I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

[/quote]

OMGush! ? That is so true. ???I hope my bank doesn’t break for nothing

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    April 12, 2020 at 1:31 pm
     Hub Points

[quote quote=7945]I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

[/quote]
    I completely and utterly understand your concern and agree, however I personally don’t think they’ll give us any misleading information because they have said on their Twitter several times that it is in real time, and not pre-rendered, so although we don’t know anything for certain yet,I have hope that we will be able to get the same graphics quality as them!

• JP

Admin April 12, 2020 at 8:13 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
     Hub Points

Nice thread idea. I have stickied this. It would be nice to discuss updates here 🙂

• Calarand

Seasoned Hubkin
    April 13, 2020 at 10:38 am
    Picture PerfectDiamond EggFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

<div>I’m an artist, have been playing with 3D art for the past 9 or so years, and I can safely say: in anything 3D, be it a static image, an animation, or a game, lighting is what ultimately makes it look natural and pleasing to the eye. Create the most realistic elements or animations but put them in a badly lit environment and they’ll remain just 3D elements without life or character. Give them a realistic lighting, however, and they’ll spring to life.

This is exactly what I saw in the Maggie’s Loft video: warm sunlight painting the floor and walls with intricate shadows. Little spots of light shining through the curtains fabric, the softness of the darkness in the back, among the shelves. Colors warmed by light and subdued in the shadows… and then there’s the gorgeous, flickering light from the neon on the wall! I could go on, but the point is that you can feel the warmth of the sun in there and the soft breeze coming in from the open door. And that makes me VERY happy.</div><div>

EDIT: unfortunately they completely ruined it with the change of style as seen in the Maggie reveal video. No subtleties left, just blocky, flat lighting and shadows. A pity.

</div>

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Calarand.
  • bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 25, 2020 at 8:00 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

This isn’t a new update obviously, but I re-watched this old video the other day

And it really made me think about just how big the town really is going to be in this game. Just that one street Alex went down was huge and he didn’t even get to the other end. Plus we know there’s going to be a cemetery and a spot to live by the lakeside, which don’t seem to be apart of the area in this video. I think this is going to be quite a large town and it’s kind of exciting. I hope we get to see more of it soon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now