Paralives Forums

Welcome to The Paralives Forums, powered by The Paralives Hub network, where fans from across the world come together to discuss all aspects of Paralives. This is a fan community. Any opinions shared on this website are solely the opinion of the user and do not represent the Paralives brand.

Paralives Hub Forums Paralives Discussion A space to discuss updates

• A space to discuss updates

Profile Photo

I have been so, so impressed by the teasers and updates lately. The team have been working so hard!
    This is a space to chat and discuss all the latest updates, what we like, what we don’t like, and things we’ve noticed in the teasers they’ve given us.
    (If you are a Patreon please do not share anything information that you have received on there as it’s against the developers wishes. Thank you!)

What clips have impressed you the most and what are you eager to see next?!

bailey replied 1 year, 10 months ago 21 Members · 73 Replies
  • 73 Replies
  • Personally the early videos such as curved walls and resizing objects drew me in, and I have really enjoyed seeing the graphics and detail evolve over time.
    Maggie’s loft is just beautiful and everything I could have hoped for. It’s literally my dream home, and the detail gives it such character.
    The shadow of Maggie makes me so excited for the eventual Parafolk reveal!!

Posted April 12, 2020 at 12:17 pm
  • i would obviously like a Parafolk reveal, as i’m sure many more people are desperately waiting for. if that is released soon, it would be nice to look at a glimpse of the base world. or maybe go more in depth about the controls for the Parafolk are like in PAM, the Maggie storyline was EUPHORIC for me, i am really big on lore and really would appreciate if more stories were told or introduced as the team develops the game more! 😉

Posted April 12, 2020 at 12:17 pm
  • [quote quote=7933]i would obviously like a Parafolk reveal, as i’m sure many more people are desperately waiting for. if that is released soo, it would be nice to look at a glimpse of the base world. or maybe go more in depth about the controls for the Parafolk are like in PAM, the Maggie storyline was EUPHORIC for me, i am really big on lore and really would appreciate if more stories were told or introduced as the team develops the game more! ?

[/quote]
    When you say about lore, I completely agree with you! I love that aspect and I am so glad that the team are showing interest in this subject!
    I can just tell Maggie is going to become more and more iconic

Posted April 12, 2020 at 12:20 pm
  • I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

Posted April 12, 2020 at 12:46 pm
  • [quote quote=7945]I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

[/quote]

OMGush! ? That is so true. ???I hope my bank doesn’t break for nothing

Posted April 12, 2020 at 12:50 pm
  • [quote quote=7945]I am loving the last update! It is visually stunning and the graphics have come so far. I just hope that they don’t stage anything – it’s so misleading. I want to see only things that are possible in regular game play.

[/quote]
    I completely and utterly understand your concern and agree, however I personally don’t think they’ll give us any misleading information because they have said on their Twitter several times that it is in real time, and not pre-rendered, so although we don’t know anything for certain yet,I have hope that we will be able to get the same graphics quality as them!

Posted April 12, 2020 at 1:31 pm
  • Nice thread idea. I have stickied this. It would be nice to discuss updates here 🙂

Posted April 12, 2020 at 8:13 pm
  • <div>I’m an artist, have been playing with 3D art for the past 9 or so years, and I can safely say: in anything 3D, be it a static image, an animation, or a game, lighting is what ultimately makes it look natural and pleasing to the eye. Create the most realistic elements or animations but put them in a badly lit environment and they’ll remain just 3D elements without life or character. Give them a realistic lighting, however, and they’ll spring to life.

This is exactly what I saw in the Maggie’s Loft video: warm sunlight painting the floor and walls with intricate shadows. Little spots of light shining through the curtains fabric, the softness of the darkness in the back, among the shelves. Colors warmed by light and subdued in the shadows… and then there’s the gorgeous, flickering light from the neon on the wall! I could go on, but the point is that you can feel the warmth of the sun in there and the soft breeze coming in from the open door. And that makes me VERY happy.</div><div>

EDIT: unfortunately they completely ruined it with the change of style as seen in the Maggie reveal video. No subtleties left, just blocky, flat lighting and shadows. A pity.

</div>

Posted April 13, 2020 at 10:38 am
  • This isn’t a new update obviously, but I re-watched this old video the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Bsg7zrxmw

And it really made me think about just how big the town really is going to be in this game. Just that one street Alex went down was huge and he didn’t even get to the other end. Plus we know there’s going to be a cemetery and a spot to live by the lakeside, which don’t seem to be apart of the area in this video. I think this is going to be quite a large town and it’s kind of exciting. I hope we get to see more of it soon.

Posted April 25, 2020 at 8:00 pm
  • [quote quote=8400]This isn’t a new update obviously, but I re-watched this old video the other day

<iframe title=”Paralives – Creating and Editing Lots” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/-3Bsg7zrxmw?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” class=”iframe-embed” data-aspectratio=”0.56″ style=”width: 509px; height: 285.04px;”></iframe>

And it really made me think about just how big the town really is going to be in this game. Just that one street Alex went down was huge and he didn’t even get to the other end. Plus we know there’s going to be a cemetery and a spot to live by the lakeside, which don’t seem to be apart of the area in this video. I think this is going to be quite a large town and it’s kind of exciting. I hope we get to see more of it soon.

[/quote]

I think it’s going to be ver large too, especially because of recent tweets by the devs. I’m pretty sure either Roxanne or Leà confirmed shops (not sure whether that will be a rabbit hole or not), and also schools. I think they said that these will real buildings in the world (not saying they are playable) but they will still be on the map. Also, they have been talking about things such as trains and other public transport. Imagine how cool that would be if there were train tracks going across the world! It would have to be pretty big but I’m living for it

Posted April 26, 2020 at 5:49 pm
  • hopefully we get one because then we can tell them what we like and what we think they should change but by the time there dome i doubt that there will be much to change

Posted May 3, 2020 at 3:28 am
  • what if by open world they mean like a mini state like para whatever and so with things like DLCs and free updates expand a new area like a camping area in the state or things like that. i think it will be a state because there trying to make it realistic so its not gonna be diffrent worlds its gonna be a big state thing

Posted May 3, 2020 at 3:34 am
  • Also does anyone get the feeling the parafolk are coming soon… I don’t know but after Christine joined the team I just have a good feeling about this. Also on her introduction Alex said that they hope to share more updates with us… aghh this is probably complete rubbish but I’m just really excited for content! It it just me who feels like this?

Posted May 9, 2020 at 1:51 pm
    • @crabwhatalad Roxanne did an interview with a youtuber recently where she said the Parafolk reveal is coming up. There’s no planned date though since she claims its going to be a bigger reveal than the previous ones.

I hope we’ll see them by July, since that’ll have been a year since the game’s initial announcement. Smiley

Posted May 9, 2020 at 3:52 pm
    • Knew it ?!!! Oh my goodness I’m so excited aghh!!! Who else is absolutely thrilled because omg

What does everyone think?

Posted May 15, 2020 at 5:08 pm
      • So excited! Said it elsewhere but I’m staying up into the early hours of the morning to see the Patreon then full reveals as they come out!

Posted May 16, 2020 at 3:44 am
      • I think I’m super hyped!!
        I also think you gotta charge your phone haha.

Posted May 16, 2020 at 12:29 pm
        • aha don’t worry I did 🙂

Posted May 16, 2020 at 1:34 pm
  • I’m very pleased with what has been revealed with the quick Paramaker preview. Maggie looks nice, and it’s great to see the height sliders, hair customization separated into natural and dyed (and that it can be added to), even the early voice work and animations on her (including on her hair and dress). It’s so much more than I expected.

Seeing Maggie was great, and I’m now very eager to see kids. I hope we’ll be seeing them at some point later this year.

I’m very excited to see what’s next for the team. They hit goals for an animation and developer for coding on Patreon, so I’m very hopeful that we could see game play by the end of the year.

Posted May 19, 2020 at 6:05 pm
    • I think Maggie looks great too! I absolutely love the height slider! The amount of customisation is insane! I think that it is absolutely amazing that a team of only 4 people have made this! I really hope to see the programmer and animator soon! The growth on Patreon recently has been huge and I love it. I can’t wait for the team to grow more, and more. I really can see Paralives becoming so much, and I am so, so excited to see more from the team and the game. Thank you so much developers! ❤️

Posted May 19, 2020 at 7:20 pm
  • <div>Hello everyone!</div><div>Firstly, I want to say that English is not my native language, so I apologize for the mistakes (I translate most of the text using a Google translator). And I’m novice Sweat Smile</div><div>Secondly, i want to say so I am so happy that accidentally find this fantastic game! It’s so amazingly that several people doing so big job and do its so great! When I saw a construction mode, my mind is exploded! Only for its sake I’m ready (I’m sure other fans of the Sims too) give a lot! I have no words to express my gratitude Alex, Lea, Roxane and Christine)))

Set me a red heart if you agree with me and answer in my question: “what will be your future parafolk or/and your parahouse?” I really interesting))

</div>

Posted May 21, 2020 at 10:10 pm
    • Welcome to the hub Debra! I will probably make a version of me, a chocolate labrador or maybe a dachshund, and a tiny home.

Posted May 22, 2020 at 4:30 am
      • Thanks)
        It is a perfect idea! I am want to have a dog and a tiny home in Paralives, too!Heart Eyes

Posted May 22, 2020 at 1:57 pm
  • I am personally impressed with everything, from the first images shown until today I am still amazed. My biggest fear was seeing the parafolk and that it had an unpleasant design but luckily it is not, on the contrary, it has become my favorite part. Grin

Posted June 27, 2020 at 7:21 pm
  • Newest update, the day and night cycle. Looks cool. I like that we will have longer days during the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQjMVxwYbU

Posted June 30, 2020 at 6:23 pm
    • I absolutely adore this new update. Even though it doesn’t appear to show much it’s actually probably my favourite new reveal aesthetically wise. It seems they may have scrapped black outlines which is great if they have in my personal opinion, and the lighting is beautiful! We’ve also had our first look at the possibilities of mods! I think it’s so cool (and very promising) that already we know that we can change the world surroundings! Imagine the possibilities! I’m so excited!!! Also the lighthouse and landscape is stunning. I’m in love with everything about it.

Posted June 30, 2020 at 6:55 pm
  • Hello, was waiting for this game in months on Steam. I cant wait anymore so might as well join the community and be abreast with the updates!

Posted July 21, 2020 at 9:04 am
  • Preview toward a new update in a now public patreon post.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/39420457

A male Para named, Sebastian will be revealed soon. There’s a screenshot showing the Para is “moving in” to his new home, with boxes, some toys, boots, and an adorable drawing on a fridge held up my dinosaur shaped magnets. It’s super cute. The toys and the drawings imply that Sebasian has a child, so I hope we’ll be seeing child Paras soon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eddpe4wWsAESWEJ.png

Also, they recruited the new animator, her name is Alice.

Posted July 21, 2020 at 5:07 pm
    • Amazing! This teaser gets me very excited! The detail in all of the Paralives screenshots are honestly one of the things that sets this game up to be so great. The little drawing in the fridge and the dinosaur magnets are the cutest things I’ve ever seen! I can’t wait to see what he looks like and maybe a new build too! So happy to see a new team member too! She seems very passionate and I’m eager to see what she brings to the game! What does everyone think?

Posted July 22, 2020 at 9:12 am
  • Finally some news! I’m here every day looking for something, anything, about the game. I hope we get to see the male para and the child and of course read about their back story.

Thank you for posting!

Posted July 22, 2020 at 1:30 pm
    • Haha don’t worry I look everyday too! I’m so excited for this game I look for new tweets from devs like twice a day ?

Posted July 22, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Page 1 of 3