The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas A more detailed fame system? Tied into interests/hobbies and location based fame

• A more detailed fame system? Tied into interests/hobbies and location based fame

amandac updated 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Dizzardy

Seasoned Hubkin
    July 2, 2020 at 9:01 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I was thinking just now. If Paralives eventually ends up having some kind of fame system I think I’d like it to be a lot more in-depth. I feel like how The Sims treats the idea is pretty basic and kind of shallow.

Fame based on interests and hobbies

For example a prolific scientist or researcher usually isn’t really “famous” in the typical sense but they are still looked up to hugely in the scientific community.

I think it would be interesting if you had different categories of fame and paras only really recognize you if you’re in a category or topic that they are interested in or you’re in the top 1% of paras in that category fame wise. (So it’s like you’re so famous in your field even people who aren’t interested have heard of you)

So for example famous artists are more likely to be recognized and have a “famous experience” among parafolk who are into art. Even lower ranking artists are likely to be recognized by those who are big art fans. So the bigger a parafolk is a fan of something, the more likely they are to recognize more niche “celebrities” in that category.

Some possible categories for fame off the top of my head:

Art, Cooking, Science, Singing, Sports, Dancing, Gardening, Paratubers(?)/Social Media Influencer, Literature/Writing, Photography, Public Speaking, Acting and possibly various other skills that are in Paralives.

Location based fame

I think it could make for some interesting and unique scenarios, like if you had a neighborhood that had a LOT of parafolk interested in science, famous scientists would get mobbed by fans like they’re The Beatles/One Direction. Whereas in that same neighborhood it may be very difficult for a singer to get any attention. (which may encourage them to move to a different neighborhood for better opportunities)

It also could be interesting if your parafolk could have most of their fame outside of their own neighborhood. So for example Kelly is living in Science Town doing live streams of herself singing over the internet and everyone over in Pop Town is going crazy for it. Maybe she doesn’t outright move to Pop Town, but she travels there often for gigs because Science Town isn’t into it.

I’m not 100% sure but I think this could be a way to naturally limit the overwhelming nature of fame as well. (I’ve heard people say fame can get overwhelming in the sims) Fame based on interests would mean your para would be less likely to be universally famous and fame being based on location would also mean your para could actually move somewhere low key to get away from the limelight if it became too much.

• Tinci

Rising Hubkin
    July 10, 2020 at 9:00 am
    Diamond EggLoyalty BadgePicture PerfectFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

This is really good! I really like the location based fame and that if paras want to be famous outside of this location they’d have to do more work that media will write about them or that they know how to show the world what they’re doing themselves (I hope this makes sense). And I also think it would be great if your paras wouldn’t just obsess over someone just because they are famous. I want my paras to obsess over someone they know like for example you see an actor and you like him and if you watch more and more of his films more you’d recognize him on the streets, let’s say… Or if there were a scientist you wouldn’t know who he is until you’d seen his work and scientific reports (if your para is in science or was just interested to read one).

• amandac

Star Hubkin
    July 10, 2020 at 9:05 am
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture PerfectTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This would be nice. Also, paras shouldn’t gain fame just because they are related to or know a famous person. Some paras might be indifferent to famous para – not everyone is into famous people.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now